PDA

View Full Version : Touring windshield

q-brrr
06-18-2009, 10:00 PM
Installed the 23" BRP touring windshield and side wind deflectors this evening. The BOSS will take it to work tomorrow and give me the report. I tried it down the road...weird to actually smell the exhaust.? Well see how she likes it and I'll report back.:thumbup:

cheifbanty
06-18-2009, 11:17 PM
Are the 23 inch from BRP available yet. Have one on order since Dec. and BRP is still telling me that they are not available. How was it to install. Looks great.

NancysToy
06-19-2009, 06:50 AM
Those of us here in the North would really like to see them offer those wind deflectors separately.
-Scotty http://www.pmdawnonline.com/forum/images/smilies/velo.gif

dltang
06-19-2009, 07:26 AM
Those of us here in the North would really like to see them offer those wind deflectors separately.
-Scotty http://www.pmdawnonline.com/forum/images/smilies/velo.gif

Scotty I believe Marcel from F1 has wind deflectors very similar that you can order separately. He calls them Windshutters and it is $89.95 for the set including hardware. It is the last item on this page http://www.f1windshields.com/Can_Am_Spyderx.htm I can only see this site if I use Internet Explorer. For some reason I can not see it with Safari or Netscape.

q-brrr
06-19-2009, 09:13 AM
The install was straightfoward. The upper screws on the windshield are replaced with plastic screws. The side deflectors have a neat bracket..very intricate bent metal. You will have to dissasemble them to remove them or any body panels they cover. I am going to work on a shortcut for that. I'll keep you posted.:2thumbs:

BTW, first report from the BOSS is that she loved the ride to work!:yes:

fastfraser
06-19-2009, 09:30 AM
:thumbup:Looks good. I'm in the same boat as Scotty as i don't want to buy another windshield just to get the deflecters so as i was looking around i found a set $89.00 from the maker of F1 windshields. Ordered them will post when i get them.

q-brrr
06-20-2009, 02:36 PM
Well, the after ride report is: Took off the side wind deflectors. We are going to save them for our trip to the Arctic circle next January:joke:.

The BOSS said that she was too hot without the wind movement. We'll put them on for the winter season.:coffee:

tatt2r
06-20-2009, 06:21 PM
:barf::barf::barf:

Dragonrider
07-05-2009, 10:50 AM
Might want to mod the "wings" - I have a set on my K12LT that rotate 90 degrees, so in hot weather, you can direct air to the rider, and in cold/wet weather, you can block it out. Love 'em - looks like you could do that with the aftermarket set without too much effort.

Biker
07-14-2009, 05:01 PM
Well, here she is. I just installed the BRP 25" windshield on my Spyder. I used the original torx bolts that was installed on the old stock shield. I'm a 6 footer with long legs and it seems to work fine for me. Hey, it's no Ultra Classic from Harley but it does the job. Now, I noticed that the further front I sit on my stock seat, I get less buffetting on the helmut. The further back I sit, I do get more wind hitting me. I haven't taken it on turnpike driving as of yet but I plan on doing this shortly. I'll keep everyone posted. Attached are my pic's.