PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from The Left Coast

Tripod
06-18-2009, 08:52 PM
:doorag: Hi,

I have two legs, one not so good, I use a cane and I've been riding Valkyrie trikes for eight years, I go by Tripod. Got my SE5 about two weeks ago. Let the real spending begin...right? I've been to one Owners event so far and have been thoroughly impressed with the camraderie and diversity of Spyder Ryders. I'm getting my ride comfortable and getting ready to spend a lot of time riding and supporting our collective passion.

See you on the road,

Tripod :2thumbs:

dltang
06-18-2009, 08:55 PM

I have two legs, one not so good, I use a cane and I've been riding Valkyrie trikes for eight years, I go by Tripod. Got my SE5 about two weeks ago. Let the real spending begin...right? I've been to one Owners event so far and have been thoroughly impressed with the camraderie and diversity of Spyder Ryders. I'm getting my ride comfortable and getting ready to spend a lot of time riding and supporting our collective passion.

See you on the road,

welcome and enjoy your spyder. Sounds like you are on the true track as a SpyderLover.

Smylinacha
06-18-2009, 09:03 PM
welcome:congrats:

Lamonster
06-18-2009, 09:12 PM
welcome You're going to love the Spyder. :spyder2:

Use to live in El Cajon and rode a Valk there. Great bike. This was one phase of my Valk project. :doorag:

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=376&pictureid=2630

Motza
06-18-2009, 09:15 PM
welcome

Star Cruiser
06-18-2009, 09:32 PM

See you on the road,

welcome Is that the left coast looking down from Canada or up from Mexico (LOL). You are going to LOVE the ryde

Tripod
06-18-2009, 10:23 PM
welcome You're going to love the Spyder. :spyder2:

Use to live in El Cajon and rode a Valk there. Great bike. This was one phase of my Valk project. :doorag:

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=376&pictureid=2630

I remember you from VRCC. That badboy was SC'd if I recall. Right?

Tripod

DannyS
06-18-2009, 10:45 PM
Welcome SpiderLover. Tripod is a good name for a Spyder Rider. I used to live in Santee and started many a ride from Harleys House of Harleys. I made the Heart run every year. Although one year I started on my Vulcan Nomad which sprung a leak from the head gasket so I took it home and finished on my Ducati.:doorag:

Some Guy
06-18-2009, 10:46 PM
welcome Let the mod addiction begin!!! :D

8LEGS
06-18-2009, 10:56 PM
welcome

superfly3
06-18-2009, 11:46 PM
welcome:congrats: I hope you enjoy your :spyder:

gazey
06-19-2009, 02:59 AM
GuDay from down under :doorag:

Lamonster
06-19-2009, 06:52 AM
I remember you from VRCC. That badboy was SC'd if I recall. Right?

Tripod
Yep :D

http://photo.vrccservices.com/albums/valksonfire/burnoutl.jpg

Roaddog2
06-19-2009, 07:16 AM
:2thumbs::congrats::spyder:can keep up with those burnouts :ohyea:

retread
06-19-2009, 08:03 AM
:congrats:welcome good bunch here, lots of help, lots of ideas, LOTS of mods. Ryde safe.

john

NautiBrit
06-19-2009, 08:12 AM
Greetings and welcome to SpyderLovers, Tripod. I was also a Valk rider and a member of the VRCC, but regretfully sold my last Valk (of 3) a few weeks ago. Still having withdrawal symptoms, but fortunately, I sold one of them to my son-in-law.welcome

ataDude
06-19-2009, 09:49 AM
welcome :congrats: from another long-time Valk rider.

http://spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=19&pictureid=427

Director
06-19-2009, 10:18 AM
Welcome to our passion, Tripod! welcome There is something addictive about these machines. You are going to love it.

Hey ataDude, do you still have the Valk? That is a sweet looking ride! :2thumbs:

Bruce

fastfraser
06-19-2009, 10:20 AM
welcome:congrats::spyder2:-on

FANG
06-19-2009, 10:27 AM
welcome :congrats: Enjoy your :spyder2: ryde

ataDude
06-19-2009, 10:59 AM
...Hey ataDude, do you still have the Valk? That is a sweet looking ride! :2thumbs:

Bruce

Thanks, Bruce. Yepper, still setting in the garage for now. I may have a buyer (brother of a friend) at the end of the month.

If that doesn't pan out, it will continue to live here. I'm not actively trying to sell it but if someone comes along with the right offer, then it's gone.

I did all of that myself except for the paint... which I did design. That is the bike on which I broke my pelvis in 2002.
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=19&pictureid=680

Tripod
06-19-2009, 12:57 PM
It looks like we have a group of Valkaholics here going through withdrawls. I still have my Valk MotorTrike setting next to the Spyder. I haven't had the heart to put it on the market. May not. :dontknow:

Tripod

ataDude
06-19-2009, 03:13 PM
It looks like we have a group of Valkaholics here going through withdrawls. I still have my Valk MotorTrike setting next to the Spyder. I haven't had the heart to put it on the market. May not. :dontknow:

Tripod

No withdrawals here., Tripod. I haven't ridden it since the Spyder hit the garage... more than a year ago.

I start it up once a week and... when I walk by it to get to the Spyder, I say "Nice looking bike". Other than that...

jvicker
06-19-2009, 04:58 PM
welcome:congrats:

vt228
06-19-2009, 05:30 PM
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:welcome:congrats::thumb up::thumbup::thumbup:

Director
06-19-2009, 05:34 PM
No withdrawals here., Tripod. I haven't ridden it since the Spyder hit the garage... more than a year ago.

I start it up once a week and... when I walk by it to get to the Spyder, I say "Nice looking bike". Other than that...

I can identify with that, ataDude. A lot of people have asked me if I miss my Kawasaki Concours, a bike I had for over nine years. As much as it was a great, fun, reliable machine, the truth is - and I feel a bit guilty for saying this - I rarely even think about it anymore. Moreover, I now look at motorcycles with interest, but no longer lustful desire, as I would have in my pre-Spyder era. I am definitely Spyder-bitten. :thumbup:

Bruce