PDA

View Full Version : Smoke Cheese

pegasus1300
03-02-2019, 11:18 AM
Awhile ago there was a discussion on smoking cheese. I was very interested. I have an old Weber Kettle grill,I have had since the late 70's. One of the videos I found showed how to cold smoke cheese ib a Weber. I did it and here is the result. It tastes great.I have a recipe for making sausage and I made some the other day so now I am going to smoke that today

UtahPete
03-02-2019, 11:33 AM
Awhile ago there was a discussion on smoking cheese. I was very interested. I have an old Weber Kettle grill,I have had since the late 70's. One of the videos I found showed how to cold smoke cheese ib a Weber. I did it and here is the result. It tastes great.I have a recipe for making sausage and I made some the other day so now I am going to smoke that today

So, now when someone asks me 'what the heck is THAT guy smokin', I can tell them 'cheese and sausage' :joke:

Chupaca
03-02-2019, 11:59 AM
Looks great and must taste really good. Sounds like you will be having a cheese and sausage extravaganza....:clap:

BLUEKNIGHT911
03-02-2019, 12:25 PM
So, now when someone asks me 'what the heck is THAT guy smokin', I can tell them 'cheese and sausage' :joke:

:yes:………….:agree: …. " mowin " has smoked some interesting things also ...like " Deviled eggs ":2excited:...…… Mike

LeftCoast
03-02-2019, 12:49 PM
I’ve never heard of cold smoking. Going to have to look that up. The cheese looks like a brick but the color is great and I want to eat it.

ARtraveler
03-02-2019, 02:35 PM
Great idea. :yes:

pegasus1300
03-02-2019, 03:49 PM
I’ve never heard of cold smoking. Going to have to look that up. The cheese looks like a brick but the color is great and I want to eat it.

Cold smoking is when you keep the temp under 100*. This is necessary to keep from melting the cheese. I had to move the sausage inside to the wife's oven. I got about 2 hours of smoke on it but it started to rain and I couldn't keep the fire hot enough to smoke and cook the sausage. So it has some smoke but I am cooking it in the oven.

pegasus1300
03-02-2019, 03:50 PM
I have a recipe for pickled egg that I really like. I think I will smoke the next batch that I make.

LeftCoast
03-02-2019, 05:19 PM
Cold smoking is when you keep the temp under 100*. This is necessary to keep from melting the cheese. I had to move the sausage inside to the wife's oven. I got about 2 hours of smoke on it but it started to rain and I couldn't keep the fire hot enough to smoke and cook the sausage. So it has some smoke but I am cooking it in the oven.

I wonder if I can make it to your place in time for dinner :bowdown:

pegasus1300
03-02-2019, 05:37 PM
I wonder if I can make it to your place in time for dinner :bowdown:

If you start now you should make it by dinner tomorrow. Watch out for the snow. It is snowing here right now.:D

LeftCoast
03-02-2019, 05:43 PM
If you start now you should make it by dinner tomorrow. Watch out for the snow. It is snowing here right now.:D

Lol, enjoy. I think I’ll just stay on my couch and watch it rain

mowin
03-02-2019, 07:47 PM
I cold smoke around 50# of cheese every year. I do some in spring as soon as the temps will be above freezing, then some late spring if I can keep pit temps lower than 80*. Again in the fall.

I cold smoke eggs, butter, fish, ECT.

Geep
03-02-2019, 07:54 PM

Do i all the time, i use a Weber and a smoking tube for cold smoke

Geep
03-02-2019, 07:55 PM
Please share