PDA

View Full Version : DESS Error

LowSide
02-24-2019, 09:58 PM
Hi all,
Anyone else have issues with a DESS Error code? I ended up having to have the DESS Modular replaced. I have the 2014 RT Limited. Previously had to have the ignition switch/tumbler replaced two years ago.
Thanks,
LowSide (Rhonda)

larryd
02-24-2019, 10:30 PM
Do a search Deanna777...You'll find hundreds of us...larryd

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-24-2019, 10:34 PM
Hi all,
Anyone else have issues with a DESS Error code? I ended up having to have the DESS Modular replaced. I have the 2014 RT Limited. Previously had to have the ignition switch/tumbler replaced two years ago.
Thanks,
LowSide (Rhonda)

" Anyone else " ….. at least a couple hundred :gaah: …………. Do a search " DESS " ……………. I think there are about 800 responses on the main thread started by Deanna777 ……………...good luck ….. Mike …………………. PS, after mine failed I moved it from behind the frunk ( it's screwed onto the firewall above the Battery ) ……. mine is now bolted under the right side headlight , I can access it immed. and change it in about 5-10 minutes … 25,000 miles and still OK …… It seems in 2014 when some IDIOT engineer @ BRP decided the orig. DESS module needed fixing ( the old one was just about bullet-proof )….. the New and better one started failing ( which can leave you stranded )… they modified the " NEW " a few times trying to get it to work ….. It took until 2018 to get it fixed ( maybe they just started making the OLD ones again :roflblack:) ...… This is similar to the KENDA tire fiasco, the orig wasn't great, so they changed the tire formula …. :roflblack:....then they started wearing out even sooner :yikes:....So they switched back to the OLD formula ….. Just some History for a newbie ….. good luck …. Mike :ohyea:

LeftCoast
02-24-2019, 11:58 PM
2015 RTL and the DESS module was replaced under warranty in January with 18k on the bike