PDA

View Full Version : Rain Yuck. Enough is enough

canamjhb
02-21-2019, 11:09 PM
It's been raining since early this morning and it is expected to continue until tomorrow night. I don't like it. Moved from Seattle to get away from this. It only got to 49 degrees today. For crying out loud, this is suppose to be the desert.....! Snow in places in Arizona where it's not suppose to be.....
ENOUGH ALREADY..... Jim

johnsimion
02-22-2019, 12:41 AM
You could be in Las Vegas and wake up to 2" of snow on the ground like we did this morning. This, followed by an entire day of rain, freezing rain, snow pellets and snowflakes. We've barely had a day without rain in two weeks. First time in five years I've seen the nearby mountains entirely covered in snow. My swimming pool is nearly overflowing. None of this is supposed to happen here in the desert.
But we could be somewhere like Minnesota or the Northeast, where this is an everyday thing in winter and the snow is measured in feet rather than inches.
And we could say, "Thank goodness all this snow is going to help re-fill the Colorado River and Lake Mead."
We can count our blessings.

LeftCoast
02-22-2019, 01:42 AM
You guys are getting the weather about a day after it rolls through here. According to the forecasts more on the way too.

Grizzly
02-22-2019, 08:02 AM
Man, it's been raining since SUNDAY here, almost non stop! I need pontoons for the Spyder.

PW2013STL
02-22-2019, 08:33 AM
Just think - you could be in Minnesota where we just broke the all time snow amount record for February at over 30+ inches, and maybe another 12" this weekend with the forecast for more on Tuesday.

Deanna777
02-22-2019, 01:05 PM
We are getting rain on Sunday, the temps in the 40's.

Then we will get snow, on Monday. :gaah: & :yikes:.

Next week is the beginning of March, we still have snow on the ground. ( 2 feet).

Send some of the rain over here to the North east.
Deanna

ARtraveler
02-22-2019, 01:29 PM
You folks probably don't want to hear about Alaska...but just in case... About a foot on the ground. Dodged a bullet on the predicted additional 8 - 10 inches. Going to be sunny and 30's in the day time for the next week. Down to mid twenties at night. Spring is coming????????? Maybe :roflblack:

Lew L
02-22-2019, 01:40 PM
Maybe------- Just cleared another 6" of snow off the driveway and decks. A day or 2 reprieve and then another storm is predicted. 2 to 3 feet on the ground. 8* here last night and many 0* or below in the area.

I could use a little spring weather ( Spring Skiing :thumbup: )

Lew L

JerryB
02-23-2019, 03:02 PM
Hi folks,

Re: The Weather

I think some people would complain if they were hung with a new rope.

;)

Jerry Baumchen

PS) Arrived in Yuma yesterday to cold weather; today = ~ 63* / Nice

Bob Denman
02-23-2019, 06:12 PM
Hi folks,

Re: The Weather
I think some people would complain if they were hung with a new rope.
:agree:
So I'm not complaining... :D
But we're now seeing forecasts for freezing rain, and 55 mph wind gusts for Monday!

:shocked: yippee...

Deanna777
02-23-2019, 07:12 PM
Tonight, we are having sleet, freezing rain, and tomorrow the freezing rain will turn to rain. The temps in the 40's! Yea, snow melting! Then on Monday high winds.

Then on Tuesday the temps drop!:gaah:

I am so over the winter.

Hurry up spring!

Deanna

ARtraveler
02-23-2019, 07:35 PM
Tonight, we are having sleet, freezing rain, and tomorrow the freezing rain will turn to rain. The temps in the 40's! Yea, snow melting! Then on Monday high winds.

Then on Tuesday the temps drop!:gaah:

I am so over the winter.

Hurry up spring!

Deanna

Only 36 more days to March 31. :bbq::bbq:

Are we going to have another contest this year? I don't remember who won last year. :roflblack:

canamjhb
02-23-2019, 09:41 PM
Here's a picture taken while stopped for a red light. Is it in Colorado?.....nope, Alaska.....? nope, Minnesota.....? nope. It is in the DESERT.....! Taken in Apache Junction, AZ. Snow capped mountains in the distance are the Superstition Mountains. We get this once or twice a year. But have never seen so much white stuff..... It's suppose to get back to "normal" later this week. Mid 70s.....:yes::yes::yes:

Spyder Insyder
02-23-2019, 10:35 PM
The last couple of days dropped almost 30 inches of snow here in Payson, Az. We finally got a break in the weather today and I spent all morning shoveling so I could get my truck out of the drive. global warming?

canamjhb
02-23-2019, 10:48 PM
The last couple of days dropped almost 30 inches of snow here in Payson, Az. We finally got a break in the weather today and I spent all morning shoveling so I could get my truck out of the drive. global warming?

Payson is one of the places I ride through and to often. As I uderstand, you have been stranded in town for the last couple of days. All roads into and out of Payson closed. Time for hot buttered rums and sitting in front of the fireplace..... Jim

Chupaca
02-24-2019, 11:09 AM
We have had weeks of on and off rain in the land of "It never rains in souther California"...:mad: few day ago we had hail rain down on us and the spyder rolled out and just backed right back into the garage...:roflblack: Never would have started installing pavers in the driveway had I known.....:banghead:

Deanna777
02-24-2019, 11:44 AM
Only 36 more days to March 31. :bbq::bbq:

Are we going to have another contest this year? I don't remember who won last year. :roflblack:Thanks for the reminder. :gaah:

Sure why not! We are getting rain here now, cloudy.

Deanna

Bob Denman
02-25-2019, 09:44 AM
All things considered: we had a spell of good luck!
The freezing rain came through too late, and we ended up with a light dusting of snow. There's very little ice on the tree branches and power lines! :yes:
But the wind is howling like a couple of Banshees on Halloween night! :yikes:

Deanna777
02-25-2019, 12:01 PM
All things considered: we had a spell of good luck!
The freezing rain came through too late, and we ended up with a light dusting of snow. There's very little ice on the tree branches and power lines! :yes:
But the wind is howling like a couple of Banshees on Halloween night! :yikes:Bob,

Yesterday, we got the rain( not much), now we are getting the snow, and they have "High Winds Advisory's" today until tomorrow, then the temps drop to near zero( through in the wind chill factor). They are saying to keep pets, kids inside due to the Wind chill's.

Then here we go again! This weekend an other messy storm:gaah:

Hurry up Spring! I have spyder fever!

Hey, people out west, send us some of your rain, and warm weather.

Deanna

Lew L
02-25-2019, 12:09 PM
Hi Deanna,

Wind adviseries here also. Ski resore is colsed:mad:. But 41* at the moment. Streets are still iced over or I'd be out on the :spyder2: checking out the new Flashed ECU:yes:

Better half says I'm full of hot air so I'll blow some your way.

Lew L

PW2013STL
02-25-2019, 04:35 PM
Wife and I are stuck about 300 miles from home due to the snow storms and then the high winds that have close the roads north. Was planning on making it home today. I hope tomorrow will bring open roads!
We should have stayed in Florida!

LeftCoast
02-25-2019, 06:43 PM
This was overlooking SF from the Berkeley side of the hills 2 days ago. A great 2 hour ride. Now it’s supposed to rain for the next 36 hours. I’m thinking anyone east of me has another good storm coming in the next week.

Two cats
02-25-2019, 06:50 PM
You should be here. It's rained for 5 days and 13.45 inches in February. All the rivers are flooding homes and businesses, roads closed all over Tennessee. Parts of our neighborhood was under evacuation saturday nite. But it going to be in the 50s and 60s this week. Hopefully the water will go down soon and the clean up can begain. Happy Trails To all. :riding:

Deanna777
02-26-2019, 08:06 PM
Hi Deanna,

Wind adviseries here also. Ski resore is colsed:mad:. But 41* at the moment. Streets are still iced over or I'd be out on the :spyder2: checking out the new Flashed ECU:yes:

Better half says I'm full of hot air so I'll blow some your way.

Lew LLew L, We have some very cold weather, ( it is the end of February)here temps now are 8 degrees. Also, we still have ICE on the driveways/ parking lots( which are like ice skating rinks).

Yea, send some of the hot air this way( to the north east).

Deanna

Deanna777
02-26-2019, 08:10 PM
You should be here. It's rained for 5 days and 13.45 inches in February. All the rivers are flooding homes and businesses, roads closed all over Tennessee. Parts of our neighborhood was under evacuation saturday nite. But it going to be in the 50s and 60s this week. Hopefully the water will go down soon and the clean up can begain. Happy Trails To all. :riding:

Be safe, thanks for letting us know.

I hope the water goes down soon so the clean up begins!
Deanna

canamjhb
02-26-2019, 09:26 PM
Happy to report we are back to normal. Temperatures getting back to low to mid-70s..... Riding tomorrow. This is why we endure July and August.... Jim