PDA

View Full Version : My getting a new Vehicle ....Dilemma - is OVER

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-19-2019, 06:43 PM
I found a super clean, down state car ( Mass. ) with a clean Carfax for $4500.00 ( used private sale ) ….. A 2007 Toyota Sienna LE, V-6 ( 266 hp ) w /AWD. I didn't really need the AWD but at that price it was FREE and the EPA gas mileage isn't that different from the FWD model ...180,000 mi ( for a Toyota that's just broken in ) …. So I can relax and stop looking :yes: ….. Thanks for all the advice I got from members here , it helped w/my decision to get the Sienna model ….. PS the guy is also going to deliver it to my door :yes::yes::yes: ........ Mike :ohyea:

Navydad
02-19-2019, 07:46 PM
You will like the AWD. I didn't need it either until my wife bought an SUV with it. The next SUV will have it for sure.

safecracker
02-19-2019, 09:09 PM
Congrats Mike. Did your pickup die. Bruce

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-19-2019, 09:47 PM
[QUOTE=safecracker;1422660]Congrats Mike. Did your pickup die. Bruce[/QU
No running stronger than ever ….. However I live in possibly the strictest Vehicle Inspection state in the nation …. It has the drivers Air Bag light on …. but it's actually a sensor that throwing the code ….. I friend who used to do the inspection could clear the code with His OBD reader …. according to Him - if the Code clears and doesn't IMMED come back on …. then the issue isn't with the device in question ….. The Toyota dealership has tried to fix this but CAN'T :banghead:.... they agree the code is false but Vt. DMV won't allow the Veh. to be Inspected :gaah:.... my only option is to sell it out-of-state where they aren't so fussy ….. Mike :ohyea:

Bob Denman
02-20-2019, 07:21 AM
:Sorry to hear about the code issue with your Truck, but I can't wait to see what you build on the Sienna for hauling your Spyder! :2thumbs:

tibadoe
02-20-2019, 07:38 AM
Sounds like you found a good deal -- I like the AWD.

PrairieSpyder
02-20-2019, 08:49 AM
:congrats:

blacklightning
02-20-2019, 08:55 AM
Those are great mini vans. My brother in law has one with over 350k on it. He is a pastor and does a lot of traveling. I know God is riding with him, but the van is a great machine. As for the inspections, I live in Wake County, NC, and we have tough inspections. My way around it is by registering my vehicles in Person County (about 50 miles away), where I have another house and land. There, inspections are only $13, and as long as your lights work, tires not bald, and horn works, it will pass.

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-20-2019, 09:17 AM
:Sorry to hear about the code issue with your Truck, but I can't wait to see what you build on the Sienna for hauling your Spyder! :2thumbs:

:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:.........… Welllllllllllllllllllll, not quite ….. my plan now is to narrow my alumin. snowmobile down from 8'6" to 6"2" and keeping the wheels outside the trailer..... then I'll make a metal box for the top of the trailer …. do a " V " nose w/ rear ramp + side door + window yada yada yada ….. anything is possible …. it will have a drop down sleeping bed of course :yes:...the Sienna has 266hp and can tow 3500lbs safely ,even w a Spyder in it - it won't be more than 1600-1700 lbs…………… Mike :ohyea:

Bob Denman
02-20-2019, 09:23 AM
That sounds almost too mundane for you... :D