PDA

View Full Version : Three cylinders 2.5 L engine coming to showrooms soon

Rogue Hawk
02-18-2019, 12:40 PM
Oh Yeah...OOOOOOOOh Yeah :doorag::thumbup:

https://news.maxabout.com/bikes/triumph/2020-triumph-rocket-iii/

Geeze, my Cadillac CTS has a 3.0 L engine and weights 4000 lbs.

Bob Denman
02-18-2019, 12:50 PM
The Rocket III has been the "King of Grunt & Displacement", for quite a while. :bowdown:
It's nice to see that they're not resting on their laurels! :2thumbs:

Dmetcalf
02-18-2019, 02:26 PM
That looks like a torque monster that would be a heck of a lot of fun to saddle up ..!!

ARtraveler
02-18-2019, 02:33 PM
I came very close to buying a fire engine red one a few years back. I was into "big iron" in those days. Had a Vulcan 2000 twin. The only thing bigger then, was the Triumph 2300 triple.

The rocket fit me, and I liked the way it felt ergonomically. The salesman said start it up. Okay, I did. Every time I blipped the throttle, the bike wanted to lean in one direction because of the torque. I said to my self, self, this might be just a little bigger and powerful than you can handle.

Sadly, I passed on the Rocket III. Might go look at the new one...but not on my to buy list. For a second time in my life, I have a Vulcan 900, and that fits me good from an ergo, weight, and power point of view.

Lew L
02-18-2019, 04:46 PM
That's a lot of motorcycle. Any one for a Boss Hoss????? Last time I road with a Rocket 3 my poor, tired, old, modified V-Max ate its lunch( except in a roll on in 5 th gear )

Lew L

PocoToro
02-18-2019, 06:20 PM
Ryker engine swap

Bob Denman
02-19-2019, 06:54 AM
Ryker engine swap
:yikes: That's just CRAZY: Bull! :roflblack:

blacklightning
02-19-2019, 09:18 AM
That's a lot of motorcycle. Any one for a Boss Hoss????? Last time I road with a Rocket 3 my poor, tired, old, modified V-Max ate its lunch( except in a roll on in 5 th gear )

Lew L
I agree, this new Rocket 3 will be a beast. And with it having 2500 cc and only putting out 180 hp, it must be detuned. But for now, I will take my 2nd generation Vmax and walk away from this beast of a bike in the straights, and should be able to definitely do a number on it in the twisties. They did a nice comparison of the 2 bikes in 2010. The gap should be a lot closer, but I think the Vmax will still be on top. But in reality, the Vmax is probably on it's last year of production, since they are just selling 2018's as 2019's right now. I can only hope that they bump the power up on the 1679 cc Vmax engine.
But best believe, when the Rocket 3 hits, I will be there to ride one.

Bob Denman
02-19-2019, 12:25 PM
:D We are absolutely going to have to hear your, "Report From The Saddle"! :2thumbs:

blacklightning
02-19-2019, 02:28 PM
:D We are absolutely going to have to hear your, "Report From The Saddle"! :2thumbs:
I hear that someone around here has already put in an order for one. I am the skeptical type, and have to wait for a deal before I purchase. But you can bet that I will be test riding one.

Rogue Hawk
02-19-2019, 04:03 PM
The V Max is fast, but it needs to go on a diet. The Diaval is over 100 lbs lighter. They could use a super charger with a smaller engine, like the Ninja H2. But build a muscle bike around it.

bscrive
02-19-2019, 07:18 PM
If the egos are like the older ones then it will be a pain in the back. Cool looking bike, but not for me. I hated the original. Only lasted an hour and had to get off of the thing because my back was killing me.

canamjhb
02-19-2019, 07:39 PM
Just looking at the exhaust makes my right leg get hot..... Jim

blacklightning
02-20-2019, 09:03 AM
The V Max is fast, but it needs to go on a diet. The Diaval is over 100 lbs lighter. They could use a super charger with a smaller engine, like the Ninja H2. But build a muscle bike around it.

You are so right. There is no comparison in the twisties, the Diavel is faster. But in the straights, there are few bikes that can beat the Vmax (below 140 mph). Even people who ride the mighty busa and ZX14 have to be on their game to beat them in the shorter distances where speeds are kept below 135. One of my buddies has a Diavel and we will be hooking up this spring. I know he will be running me down, and over, as I tend to ride more conservative than he does. I ride to ride another day, and he just rides for the moment. But I do plan on taking the Vmax to the drag strip this year, and definitely will be doing some mountain riding in the summer. Can't wait to get my pictures taken on the Dragon.

Rogue Hawk
02-20-2019, 12:09 PM
You are so right. There is no comparison in the twisties, the Diavel is faster. But in the straights, there are few bikes that can beat the Vmax (below 140 mph). Even people who ride the mighty busa and ZX14 have to be on their game to beat them in the shorter distances where speeds are kept below 135. One of my buddies has a Diavel and we will be hooking up this spring. I know he will be running me down, and over, as I tend to ride more conservative than he does. I ride to ride another day, and he just rides for the moment. But I do plan on taking the Vmax to the drag strip this year, and definitely will be doing some mountain riding in the summer. Can't wait to get my pictures taken on the Dragon.

I found this on Wiki. I see now why the '06 Gixxer is legendary. Of course, these times are done in optimal conditions with a light, experienced rider.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fastest_production_motorcycles_by_accelera tion