PDA

View Full Version : Now that the Live Wire is out

Rogue Hawk
02-15-2019, 04:55 PM
https://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/first-look-2020-harley-davidson-livewire

I have mixed feelings. I think you can get a better bike for or even less than 30K (XDiavel for one) . The final styling is not as clean as the prototype. So I assume anyway that one year old models will end up being sold for a loss.

ARtraveler
02-15-2019, 05:44 PM
Well, we will see how it goes when it goes on sale. About $10K less than I thought they would be. Not for me though, I like my Studebaker. :roflblack:

Geep
02-15-2019, 05:45 PM
https://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/first-look-2020-harley-davidson-livewire

I have mixed feelings. I think you can get a better bike for or even less than 30K (XDiavel for one) . The final styling is not as clean as the prototype. So I assume anyway that one year old models will end up being sold for a loss.

I don’t think it will fly...better options for less price unless of course you are from the black and orange crowd in which case it is the best thing ever

ARtraveler
02-15-2019, 05:51 PM
May also be a tough sell to the HD crowd. Think V-rod. It did not fit the pattern either.

Bob Denman
02-15-2019, 06:07 PM
It's actually coming out in August...
Take a look at the offerings from Zero: Their top-line bike has DOUBLE the range, and sells for $10,000 less.

canamjhb
02-15-2019, 08:29 PM
It looks like a pretty small bike..... unless the guy sitting on it is 9 feet tall..... Not very impressed. And the HD crowd won't be able to irritate the world by blipping the throttle at stop lights.....;)

Cobwebs
02-16-2019, 03:51 AM
They waited five years to release this!
Like all their upcoming new stuff it's totally outdated before it hits, no wow factor with any of it.HD are out of ideas and the sales numbers reflect that.
Blaming retirees and millennials is the common story but to my way of thinking if a product is innovative enough and priced correctly it will sell.Where is HD's Ryker for example?
How many parts in a Livewire, why the huge price, same old mirrors,bars tyres etc from what I can see,no ground breaking high cost battery or motor tech to justify the ridiculous price.It's almost like they don't want it to succeed, a la V Rod.

Bob Denman
02-16-2019, 01:16 PM
I spoke with a dealer last weekend about this bike. His opinion is that it's going to be marketed in the urban environments, where long distance riding isn't the norm... :thumbup:

Cobwebs
02-17-2019, 05:08 PM
I spoke with a dealer last weekend about this bike. His opinion is that it's going to be marketed in the urban environments, where long distance riding isn't the norm... :thumbup:

If the marketing from HD is of their usual standard it will involve heaps of freedom/gang culture/listen to my goofy whirring noise I can now make bs as the new customers ride their over braked and suspended for the city brush with the environmental movement moment.

Bob Denman
02-17-2019, 08:42 PM
They actually showed it carving up a mountain road...

Cobwebs
02-17-2019, 10:44 PM
I can see it now kegs, hot dogs, dancing girls at the top of Pikes Peak :doorag:

Bob Denman
02-18-2019, 09:14 AM
… And everybody looking like a "Real Bad-Ass"! :roflblack: