PDA

View Full Version : Trip meter malfunction

Lobo
02-12-2019, 03:11 PM
Riding 2012 Spyder RT A&C SE5. The local dealer recently replaced the right hand housing switch. I had been having starting problems. I now find that I cannot reset my trip meters. Could this be related to the switch replacement?

Thank you in advance.

ARtraveler
02-12-2019, 03:16 PM
Check your initial setting...seems strange at first. When the button shows "pause" they are on. When the button shows "resume" they are off.

That would be where I would start.

JKMSPYDER
02-12-2019, 03:17 PM
The trip meters are controlled from the left hand housing switch. If only the right one was replaced I don't think it would affect the trip meters.

Easy Rider
02-13-2019, 10:24 AM
The trip meters are controlled from the left hand housing switch. If only the right one was replaced I don't think it would affect the trip meters.

+1

BUT.....most anything can be explained by a momentary brain cramp.
One Spyder rider in our group occasionally has trouble STARTING his.....because he isn't pushing the right buttons.

SO.....I have noticed that when the trip is on the display, it indicates that the "down arrow" is for reset but pushing and holding that does NOT reset it......until you release it and push it a second time.

billybovine
02-13-2019, 02:43 PM
The trip meter reset is only a single chevron symbol. That means that button is to be pressed and release quickly. Press and hold the down button too long and nothing will happen. So try a shorter button press.