PDA

View Full Version : Ryker Windshield Bulletin

amachoward
02-06-2019, 06:19 PM
If you have not already installed a windshield and broken the tabs, an update is available with the dealer saying to use 2 washers on the mount tabs so as not to break them off by bending them inward as you tighten the screws.

I broke tabs on both of the windshiels before I realized why....I will call the service manager in the morning to see about replacments.

Happy riding
Mac

gskinner
02-06-2019, 06:33 PM
I found that problem out as well. I looked at mine and thought I should add some washers but then said maybe it will pull in. Well I broke off the tab on one side. If you take a small paint brush with some acetone and rub on the edges of both pieces until is softens a bit (you will see a little black getting on the brush). Push the two pieces back together and hold for a minute or so and that will glue them back together. I did this then installed with washers, I use 2 on one side and 1 on the other and it worked fine.

WilliamTRyker
02-06-2019, 06:38 PM
I bought a windshield but I haven't got it yet. Do you mean, two washers stacked up against each other?

So, two each in these spots or one on top and one below?

gskinner
02-06-2019, 07:41 PM
Yes on the top two screws. I used 2 washers on one top screw and 1 washer on the other top screw. 1 washer on each screw may work but since I broke mine and glued it back together I did not want to put any stress on it.

Tslepebull
02-06-2019, 08:34 PM
My dealer installed the windshield on my Rally. I will look for cracks.

BajaRon
02-07-2019, 08:13 AM
Awesome information! I've got a windshield coming. Should be here today or tomorrow. I love this forum as it keeps us from all learning the hard way. Information gets discriminated quickly instead of slowly seeping through the grape vine. I'd surely have broken my windshield had this thread not been posted. So I thank you very much! And so will many others!

QuasiMotard
02-07-2019, 02:45 PM
Awesome information! I've got a windshield coming. Should be here today or tomorrow. I love this forum as it keeps us from all learning the hard way. Information gets discriminated quickly instead of slowly seeping through the grape vine. I'd surely have broken my windshield had this thread not been posted. So I thank you very much! And so will many others!

:agree: +1

My windshield is still in the box, so I'm glad I read this before finding out the hard way. ;)

--
QM

amachoward
02-08-2019, 03:35 AM
Update: Spoke with my dealer yesterday. As soon as I told him who I was (I bought two Rykers) he laughed and said, "I was just talking to the salesman to get your number. I ordered replacement parts and the washers for you, I'll call as soon as they come in." No charge and a fun learning experience. It never occurred to me to look for clearance in the mounts. Lesson learned.

BajaRon
02-08-2019, 08:09 AM
Installed my windshield yesterday. The metal cast brackets do not match up to the tapered mounting point as well as they could. And there is quite a gap between the upper (Plastic) mount points and the metal bracket. Everything works fine so the end result is the same. But somewhere the engineers got their specs a bit off. 2 thick washers (One on each side at the top) did the job for me.

Tslepebull
02-08-2019, 11:28 AM
Installed my windshield yesterday. The metal cast brackets do not match up to the tapered mounting point as well as they could. And there is quite a gap between the upper (Plastic) mount points and the metal bracket. Everything works fine so the end result is the same. But somewhere the engineers got their specs a bit off. 2 thick washers (One on each side at the top) did the job for me.

I's cold in Canada eh! Stuff shrinks, ja know..

Chupaca
02-08-2019, 01:29 PM
Looks like you have already saves some folks from making the same mistake. Hope everyone with that windshield get a look at this post....:pray:

F4 Customs
02-09-2019, 05:33 AM
F4 Customs is working on a new windshield for the Ryker. Should have some good info soon.