PDA

View Full Version : Glove Box Heat.

Jasons900Ryker
02-05-2019, 04:39 AM
I took the Ryker out yesterday and put my first real miles on it. I did almost one hundred miles. I stopped at a local store and figured I would call the wife to see of she wanted anything. Well I had my phone in the glove box the whole ride. It was so hot I could hardly hold it. I have a plastic insurance card holder in it also and it was the same way. Anyone else have this problem? I dunno if I want to keep my phone or anything else in there. Also I checked my oil after the ride and it was low.

KID Ryker
02-05-2019, 08:11 AM
Have not had the heat problem. Did have the low oil.

Triumphcycleman
02-05-2019, 10:08 AM
I didn't notice glove box heat but its so darn cold here it couldn't heat up! An easy fix would be to pop out that front trunk (I think 4 push pins and 2 torx screws) and attach a thinsulate heat pad (from Lowes or Home Depot) between it and the engine. There already is somewhat of one there, but that stuff is cheap and plentiful

Jmor
02-25-2019, 06:47 AM
Heat seems normal. No damage to things stored there

Bfromla
02-25-2019, 08:36 AM
Bummer to hear another BRP heat related issue :gaah:,but seems like there was a early vid someone described the glove box as about big enough for a Subway sandwich. Guess it would stay or get warm:2thumbs::roflblack:

Grandpaspeed
02-25-2019, 10:27 AM
A great mini pizza holder, I like my pizza hot.

Jasons900Ryker
02-25-2019, 11:01 AM
When I had the glove box out swapping the headlight bulbs I put some reflective silver heat shield on the outside bottom of the box,we use it at work .If it can stop heat from a cumming diesel from going into a bus sure it will work on the ryker.

ARtraveler
02-25-2019, 07:30 PM
That's how they cook lunch up here in snowmobiles. They put foil wrapped stuff in the engine compartment. Oooooooooooooops....I guess this was about the Ryker glove box.