PDA

View Full Version : Recall issue

Dragonrider
06-16-2009, 06:19 PM
I took a friend down to look at new Spyders - we have two dealers within 40 miles of each other. One was actively selling bikes (FULL MSRP), and the other wouldn't even let us test ride one. They (#2) said "BRP has told them that ALL Spyders are on hold, and not to be ridden until the fix for the recall is complete. AND that the dealer had nothing from BRP regarding the "FIX".

Anyone have any idea as to who is right?? :dontknow:

tjfischer
06-16-2009, 06:39 PM
I took a friend down to look at new Spyders - we have two dealers within 40 miles of each other. One was actively selling bikes (FULL MSRP), and the other wouldn't even let us test ride one. They (#2) said "BRP has told them that ALL Spyders are on hold, and not to be ridden until the fix for the recall is complete. AND that the dealer had nothing from BRP regarding the "FIX".

Anyone have any idea as to who is right?? :dontknow:

My guess would be that the dealer who told you no rides, is worried about thier Liability insurance.

sabunim5
06-17-2009, 10:52 AM
At least on the east coast, it has been a decade or two since you could expect to test drive anything at a dealership

patches
06-17-2009, 11:42 AM
I am on the east coast "Raleigh NC" and never have a problem testing driving just about any dealer I go to unless it is used or from a private seller which I understand.

Dragonrider
06-17-2009, 11:48 AM
Dealer (A) is still "business as usual", and (B) won't even quote one - said he'd call when the "fix" is in and completed. I think I prefer the "safety first" viewpoint...