PDA

View Full Version : Spyder Express

Mo Lee
06-16-2009, 06:06 PM
Borrowing from something BMWGENE reminded me of on the USO run, (the pony express started in Missouri). Wouldn't it be great if we could Spyder Express the Group headed to LA all the way across Missouri next Monday. I've already put in for leave next Monday afternoon and plan on catching them on the interstate and riding at least thru one fuel stop. Don't know how many could find time to do the same I would be game for at least 100 miles of travel. This might even make their high mileage day more bearable.
Post your thoughts on this idea.

dltang
06-16-2009, 07:19 PM
Borrowing from something BMWGENE reminded me of on the USO run, (the pony express started in Missouri). Wouldn't it be great if we could Spyder Express the Group headed to LA all the way across Missouri next Monday. I've already put in for leave next Monday afternoon and plan on catching them on the interstate and riding at least thru one fuel stop. Don't know how many could find time to do the same I would be game for at least 100 miles of travel. This might even make their high mileage day more bearable.
Post your thoughts on this idea.

Mo Lee, that is pretty cool. Where are you planning on jumping on? I have to get hold of Gene as well and make sure he is still planning on joining us for the ride as well. Capt Ryder had mentioned something a while back. Would be great to see you. Missouri seems to really have a great group of spyder ryders.

RTGENE
06-16-2009, 08:37 PM
OK
Here is the regulation-----each pony express rider must weigh less than 125 pounds plus pistol, mail and water not to exceed 165 pounds. He would travel between 75 and 100 miles. Because I weigh just a little over 125 I will only be allowed to ride 75 miles. I can pick them up at the Mississippi river and the Missouri state line. I can guide them to within 3.6 miles east of Cuba. Another rider is needed to pick them up and head southwest.
I will instruct the female that at any stop in Missouri that she is to state firmly
"I am a married woman traveling with my husband and his friends" that should avoid any breach of decorum while in Missouri.
Yours truly

dltang
06-16-2009, 08:59 PM
OK
Here is the regulation-----each pony express rider must weigh less than 125 pounds plus pistol, mail and water not to exceed 165 pounds. He would travel between 75 and 100 miles. Because I weigh just a little over 125 I will only be allowed to ride 75 miles. I can pick them up at the Mississippi river and the Missouri state line. I can guide them to within 3.6 miles east of Cuba. Another rider is needed to pick them up and head southwest.
I will instruct the female that at any stop in Missouri that she is to state firmly
"I am a married woman traveling with my husband and his friends" that should avoid any breach of decorum while in Missouri.
Yours truly

Gene you are funny. I think I weigh too much to be part of this. You are going to have to bend the rules for me. LOL We are planning on the following stops for fuel and to meet folks if they want for the banner signing. Here they are all times are approx:

Pilot Oil #165 -Effingham (IL) I-70 Exit 162 at approx. 10:45 am Central Time

Pilot in Fenton MO just west of St. Louis I-44 Exit 275 12:45 PM Central Time

Lebanon. B&D Auto/Truck Plaza I-44 Exit 127 3:30 PM Central Time

Miami OK, fuel stop to be determined arrival approx 6:00pm Central Time

Arrive at Terra Starr RV Park in Checotah approx 8:45pm Central Time

RTGENE
06-16-2009, 09:59 PM
This is a trip of epic proportions.
I want to be able to say I know you and your my friend.
When you get to Effingham for fuel---- call me at
636-677-5448 home number

You will be 2 hours away from STL. I will meet you on the Missouri side of the Jefferson Barracks bridge. We can gas up and head for Cuba

prodrag69
06-16-2009, 11:06 PM
my name is matt and i live in soco. i would like to ride with you guys thought mo. if my bike is done:dontknow: I wanted to go on the uso ride but my spyder was still down:( you can call me 314-267-8461.... to let me know when you are comeing though st louis ..... ill keep you posted on if my bike will be done:2thumbs:

Mo Lee
06-17-2009, 04:25 AM
I can reach out either direction from Waynesville so lets see how many jump on the express idea. By the way Gene the pony express only had 1 horsepower so you do the power to weight ratio math, I think we will be Ok

xpeschon
06-17-2009, 08:10 AM
bmwgene nice to hear from you, and I really enjoyed your company on the USO ride.. Now about the EXPRESS,, I think I can make the Lebanon to Miami portion, this is going to be the 22nd of June correct? If so let me see what I can do at work as far as getting the day off.... Hope it works out..

Joe

dltang
06-17-2009, 08:20 AM
This is a trip of epic proportions.
I want to be able to say I know you and your my friend.
When you get to Effingham for fuel---- call me at
636-677-5448 home number

You will be 2 hours away from STL. I will meet you on the Missouri side of the Jefferson Barracks bridge. We can gas up and head for Cuba

Hey Gene, I will call when we are getting fuel in Effingham. Can you meet us at the planned fuel stop in Fenton though. I am trying to stop as little as possible and I already planned on that stop so I don't want to change it in case others are meeting us. The fuel in Fenton should take us all the way to Lebanon. I can't wait to meet you and this spyder express idea is really rolling.

RTGENE
06-17-2009, 10:51 AM
SPYDER EXPRESS
Well little Miss---seems the boys from Missouri are going to take care of you and your party.
Looks like we got you to Oklahoma!!!!!
The United States Government had Land Rush days.
On the day before some made claim to plots of land.
They were called "sooners"
If you are not welcomed and carried across the state safely. Its them sooners------
They probably welcomed you the day before and are one day ahead of you on your trip.So you may not see them at all.
When you hit Texas they will be waiting for you ---they are real gentleman.
yours truly

Midnighthog
06-17-2009, 05:06 PM
I would love nothing more than to join you all on the ride from STL to Cuba or Cuba to Lebanon, but I will be in Illinois "Springfield" for fathers day and staying until Wednesday.....I would be more than happy to hook up with them on the way back from LA....

Andy

I'm on midnight shift until August so any one of you can call me anytime after noon up until 6am....My number is 573-205-3604.....Cingular and I have text so you can text if you want...

Mo Lee
06-17-2009, 06:02 PM
I plan on leaving work at 1130 I could be east of Cuba by the time the group arrives Gene could make a non stop handoff and we can continue to Lebanon. To prevent slowing the group down we will have to wait on the ramps and join in on the move. Maybe we could trade cell #s and try to keep each other informed. If Joe can work from Lebanon to Okla. it would be covered all the way. I would like to see more than just 3 Mo. Spyders if at all possible. I'm not sure if any Spyderlovers are in the Southwest corner of the state, if your out there please chime in.

dltang
06-17-2009, 06:26 PM
I plan on leaving work at 1130 I could be east of Cuba by the time the group arrives Gene could make a non stop handoff and we can continue to Lebanon. To prevent slowing the group down we will have to wait on the ramps and join in on the move. Maybe we could trade cell #s and try to keep each other informed. If Joe can work from Lebanon to Okla. it would be covered all the way. I would like to see more than just 3 Mo. Spyders if at all possible. I'm not sure if any Spyderlovers are in the Southwest corner of the state, if your out there please chime in.

I will call Gene when we leave Effingham, it should be about 2 hours from that time when we get to Fenton for Fuel and banner signing. We will stop again in Lebanon for fuel and others that need to sign the banner, this should get us to Miami for fuel and final MO banner signers. You guys are the greatest. What a way to be part of the BRP event even if you can't actually go to LA.

RTGENE
06-17-2009, 09:15 PM
Deb
Who will be with you at your fuel stop in Fenton?
I want to take pictures with names OK
I need to have my picture taken with you to prove your my friend.
smiingene

dltang
06-17-2009, 09:28 PM
Deb
Who will be with you at your fuel stop in Fenton?
I want to take pictures with names OK
I need to have my picture taken with you to prove your my friend.
smiingene

Gene you don't have to prove anything, I will admit to anyone that asks, you are my friend..LOL:2thumbs: Right now, bjt (Brian, my husband) Daddydarko (James) and me dltang (Deb) will be rolling into Fenton to fuel up. I can't wait to meet all of you that ride with us.

Mo Lee
06-19-2009, 04:17 AM
Is there any Spyderlovers in the Springfield/Joplin area or anywhere in between that would like to run a leg on the Spyder Express. Xpeschon is going to run from Fenton to Lebanon so I will probably join in on the move and peel off in Springfield that way I can at least meet everyone at the fuel stop in Lebanon. Due to the time of day and the fact I get up for work at 0330 I doubt I can run all the way to the Oklahoma border.

The_Spyderwoman
06-20-2009, 11:08 AM
After the MidAmerica Spyder Ryders meeting on Thursday -:chat: there may be a few MORE spyders showing up in Fenton, Mo!!! :2thumbs:

Thanks to OUR friend Gene!! :doorag:

Get the Sharpie ready!!

dltang
06-20-2009, 01:05 PM
After the MidAmerica Spyder Ryders meeting on Thursday -:chat: there may be a few MORE spyders showing up in Fenton, Mo!!! :2thumbs:

Thanks to OUR friend Gene!! :doorag:

Get the Sharpie ready!!

You guys are great!!! The sharpie will be ready.

bjt
07-06-2009, 08:49 AM
Thanks to all you guys that met us, fed us, fueled us up and rode with us through parts of our Missouri ride. I'll always remember that part of our trip and the fact that my license plate is somewhere on the side of the road in your state. :D