PDA

View Full Version : Help!!

ryker
02-02-2019, 08:53 PM
has anyone installed the passenger seat on the rally? for the life of me i can not get the crossbar (P4) to fit - it is about 2mm too long. I already had to cut the zip ties on the line for the compression damping to make room for the crossbar but the actual length is just a too long.

ryker
02-02-2019, 09:22 PM
Warning on BRP accessories: they are pretty much *****. Second thoughts on this ryker 6hrs into ownership

KID Ryker
02-02-2019, 09:50 PM
sent you a pm

CTAC
02-02-2019, 10:12 PM
I had to grind mine down.... And had to grind some plastic away on the seat just to get it to slide on the max mount... Not their finest moment. All the other accessories fit perfectly.

cueman
02-03-2019, 04:40 PM
I wonder if that’s why I have not received my passenger seat yet. Could be a Blessing in discuise. Maybe they are doing a redesign on it? :dontknow: cueman

jaherbst
02-03-2019, 05:22 PM
Warning on BRP accessories: they are pretty much *****. Second thoughts on this ryker 6hrs into ownership

I tried to tell you so!

Jack

KID Ryker
02-03-2019, 05:48 PM
I had to grind mine down.... And had to grind some plastic away on the seat just to get it to slide on the max mount... Not their finest moment. All the other accessories fit perfectly. Do not grind any thing. Very easy to install. Fits perfect.

cueman
02-03-2019, 07:22 PM
gvcntx, What is the installation trick?? Thanks, cueman

CTAC
02-03-2019, 07:46 PM
Easy for you to say. No, mine required griding. No two ways about it.

KID Ryker
02-03-2019, 08:47 PM
gvcntx, What is the installation trick?? Thanks, cueman sent a PM.

KID Ryker
02-04-2019, 01:43 AM
When installing the Cross member on the MAX Mount. You must loosen the 4-p2 Torx screw on the mount. Then you can install the Cross member p4 with the 4-p6 socket screws. If this doesn't work pm me. BRP doesn't give all the information needed.

ryker
02-04-2019, 09:03 PM
When installing the Cross member on the MAX Mount. You must loosen the 4-p2 Torx screw on the mount. Then you can install the Cross member p4 with the 4-p6 socket screws. If this doesn't work pm me. BRP doesn't give all the information needed.

gvcntx....you are a seat saver! This worked like a charm. I had the dang seat packaged up and was going to return it on Tuesday but figured i would give this a try and it worked great. My kids can now enjoy the ryker with me....lots of smiles!

I have the folding passenger seat back as well. To remove the seat, the release button does need some nudging from below, but i can get my hand under the seat to manipulate it to pop up. Again, not great fit and finish. However, i will give BRP credit for making one heck of a fun scoot

Ricardo
02-04-2019, 10:55 PM
Had same problem . just loosened the 2 torx screws on each side then it fitted perfectly . once in retorcked every thing .

QuasiMotard
02-07-2019, 04:03 PM

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL RYKER OWNERS: I have a scheduled conference call with the head of BRP's Ryker engineering group at 1330 CDT (1:30 PM US\Central time) tomorrow, Friday, 2/8/2019! If you have any complaints about mechanical issues, OEM accessories, or other design/execution issues, please let me know before that time. I plan to address several of my Ryker issues with them (mechanical and documentation), and I will be happy to pass along your concerns at the same time.

You can PM me here, reply to this thread, or reach me at my Gmail address: quasimotard@gmail.com

I'll be happy to help however I can.

--
QM

WilliamTRyker
02-08-2019, 08:30 AM
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL RYKER OWNERS: I have a scheduled conference call with the head of BRP's Ryker engineering group...

Thanks. Please let us know the results of the conference call. :D