PDA

View Full Version : High 40's, sunny, and a great 50 mile run around.

GoandChase
02-02-2019, 04:37 PM
So Wednesday schools were out for extreme cold conditions and yesterday the weather broke and I was back on the Ryker. Crazy. Went exploring down the road to a little town never been to. Round trip was only about 50 miles or so. Got to run it up around 60 - 65 mph for a ways. No problems running at that speed at all. Could have ran it harder but two lane country roads and all. The wind slapping me around made me feel kind of alive. May consider a wind screen down the road but for now, I'm liking the way it feels without.

I've been running it in normal mode so far and it seems plenty quick for what I do. I like the way it feels very connected to the road. You do feel all the bumps and such, but for me that's part of the trade off of being connected. I go back to the electronic steering in my wife's suv and it almost feels like a video game. Haven't kept official MPG but the past two times out it's been showing low 30's as an average. A little in town driving but more 55 - 65 speeds.

Supposed to be nice tomorrow and I plan on getting out and about. Wishing ryding weather for everyone, if not tomorrow then soon.

Tslepebull
02-02-2019, 04:53 PM
I made a 200 mile run to Shreveport and back today for my MC club. I was on secondary roads at 55-70 mph the whole way. For some reason when cruising at 70 it kept speeding up to 85 (all by itself:lecturef_smilie:) and I had to dial it back. I did not notice any ill handling at speed but did find some really poopie road in east LA. I had softened my preload front and back yesterday and that seemed to reduce my wheel hop over the poopie stuff. The guys in my MC club really liked it. I have about 500 miles on it now and the "new" smell is still cooking off the engine and transmission. I will be glad when that is done, it stinks!

RykerUSA
02-02-2019, 05:14 PM
Tomorrow will be my 1st real chance to get my new Tri cycle out on the road. Forecast for any Indiapolis is mid fifties. Snow is melting off today, so roads are rather sloppy

KID Ryker
02-02-2019, 09:44 PM
I made a 200 mile run to Shreveport and back today for my MC club. I was on secondary roads at 55-70 mph the whole way. For some reason when cruising at 70 it kept speeding up to 85 (all by itself:lecturef_smilie:) and I had to dial it back. I did not notice any ill handling at speed but did find some really poopie road in east LA. I had softened my preload front and back yesterday and that seemed to reduce my wheel hop over the poopie stuff. The guys in my MC club really liked it. I have about 500 miles on it now and the "new" smell is still cooking off the engine and transmission. I will be glad when that is done, it stinks! Is it all working out for you?

Chupaca
02-02-2019, 11:27 PM
Good to hear your getting out a bit and now that the Rodent has NOT seen his shadow you should be getting more of the good weather soon....:clap:

Tslepebull
02-03-2019, 09:21 AM
Is it all working out for you?

I had hoped for better MPG but it is what it is. Aside from that I am a happy Rally Ryder. I used to get questions from folks on the street about my BMW GS; with the Ryker I think people are just too gobsmacked to fully formulate a question:2thumbs:

Cornholio
02-04-2019, 12:40 PM
Where are you at in Missouri? I am in Independence, suburb of KC

ARtraveler
02-04-2019, 02:15 PM
Thanks for the ride information. :yes: