PDA

View Full Version : Flag Mounting

Don in E Texas
06-16-2009, 02:52 PM
Another method to mount a flag on your :spyder2:. This method and size of flag is NOT designed for highway speed, but rather for parade use -- I participate with the PGR group, so flags are important at funerals, etc.

http://www.patriotguard.org/Home/tabid/53/Default.aspx

The flag came from Wal*Mart ($9.00) -- complete with a 3 pc. aluminum mast. I just used two joints of mast. The mast is installed using the BRP backrest. The backrest is adjusted forward to hold the base of the mast secure. I use some nylon ty-wraps to secure the lower mast to the backrest.

Hope the photo's are helpful..

don

bjt
06-16-2009, 05:38 PM
Looks like it works well. :congrats:

Diggittt
06-16-2009, 05:44 PM
I am going to try to duplicate this method. Off to Walmart I go.

Diggittt

JoanJenn
05-01-2011, 03:22 PM
Looks good but I don;t have backrest and I need to mount both small PRG and USA flag-- anyone have any suggestions? Joan VA:chat:

Dragonrider
05-06-2011, 08:30 AM
Well I've never been in a Walmart, nor have any idea where one is located... :D

I have a pair of ESI's shorty antennas, and have motorcycle flags on each - US & Oregon... Been "well over 60 mph" with em.

pjp623
05-06-2011, 08:45 AM
:2thumbs: Very nice--looks like a quick and easy install and take down.

1551retired
05-06-2011, 09:21 AM
Well I've never been in a Walmart, nor have any idea where one is located... :D

I have a pair of ESI's shorty antennas, and have motorcycle flags on each - US & Oregon... Been "well over 60 mph" with em.

You said you have a "pair" of ESI's shorty antennas. I'm assuming you are using one for the BRP CB? If so, beware that you eventually will be replacing your CB unit since the shorty is not tuned (SWR) for the Radio Sound made CB. The final transmit stage will fail eventually because of the reflected power. Take some advice from a retired electronic engineer and put the matched/tuned back on.

Yfactor
05-06-2011, 09:25 AM
This is my small flags mounted on the RT license plate holder. Small velcro dots to prevent tips from scratching the finish.

Papa
05-06-2011, 10:23 AM
ISCI (one of the sponsor vendors) has a nice setup fopr two flags. I am converting tothe tall pole mount since with the short pole the flags cover the brake/turn signal lights at hioghway speeds. The tall poles add a foot to the pole length and really look nice with the AMerican and PGR flags flying.

1551retired
05-06-2011, 11:00 AM
Here are my two 6x9 flags mounted on the RT. Bought the mounts and flags last fall from motorcyclepride.com.