PDA

View Full Version : Ryker Ride in the Northeast in the dead of Winter

Triumphcycleman
01-29-2019, 01:46 PM
I know this isn't the place to post a ride, but in light of No one around me being able to ride due to weather constraints... I am thinking of trailering my Ryker to around Harrisonburg, VA Saturday night for a nice, long, Blue Ridge parkway ride on Sunday. That is where the closest respectable weather is from me. Anyone game? Ohio - PA - MD - VA riders? I want to get around 300 miles in

WilliamTRyker
01-29-2019, 02:07 PM
I can't make BRP this weekend (someday) but I was also thinking of taking the Ryker out on a route that goes from Chapel Hill to Greensboro, NC on Sunday as well. Although, it might rain the afternoon.

Tslepebull
01-29-2019, 02:12 PM
I'm planning to ride to Shreveport and back on Saturday assuming the weather is not heinous.

Jasons900Ryker
01-29-2019, 02:24 PM
I rode mine for the first time yesterday it was 45 here in pittsburgh. I only had on jeans and a sweatshirt and gloves not to bad. Did 13 miles just to get a feel for the Ryker.

ARtraveler
01-29-2019, 02:46 PM
Ice covered secondary roads here. Still looks like March for me. :roflblack:

dpetrick
01-29-2019, 03:41 PM
Sub zero highs and 40 mph winds today. Schools are all closed because of dangerous wind chills and roads are drifting over. Don't even want to go outside.

Chupaca
01-29-2019, 05:05 PM
Good to see folks venturing out or traveling to where they can ryde.... I will say nothing as we don't have that problem. But do go out and find those places to ryde...:clap::yes:

cueman
01-30-2019, 01:42 PM
I know this isn't the place to post a ride, but in light of No one around me being able to ride due to weather constraints... I am thinking of trailering my Ryker to around Harrisonburg, VA Saturday night for a nice, long, Blue Ridge parkway ride on Sunday. That is where the closest respectable weather is from me. Anyone game? Ohio - PA - MD - VA riders? I want to get around 300 miles in

That's a good idea, but not at the moment for me, but I like your way of thinking. Maybe we could set a future date to have a Ryker gathering. :yes: cueman

Triumphcycleman
01-30-2019, 04:30 PM
Sounds good. I have my trailer ready to load. Heading out Saturday night for some warmth

cueman
01-30-2019, 08:36 PM
Be safe and enjoy your ryde. :cheers: cueman