PDA

View Full Version : Buying Ryker and need some imput

Ravent25
01-28-2019, 09:53 PM
I'm Buying a Ryker Rally this week and I want some accessories. I told the dealer what I wanted but they are insisting they do the installations. at over $300 for the installation I could buy another accessory. I'm very mechanically inclined so I will not have any problems with installations, am I required to let them do the installations of parts? any help is appreciated.

Wijames
01-28-2019, 09:57 PM
I am buying mine tomorrow. My dealer said I can do the install but then the warrenty will only cover the part and not the labor. I am in the same boat as you. I would rather install so I am going that direction, which they had no issues with.

Ravent25
01-28-2019, 10:04 PM
thanks for the reply, Ill be adding another accessory when they call tomorrow from the dealer and do the installation myself.

Wijames
01-28-2019, 10:13 PM
I actually had a bunch of accessories set-up and decided to put a couple on hold until I see what Lamonster comes up with first. Looks like he is working on some nice stuff. Good luck!

Chupaca
01-28-2019, 10:32 PM
You do not have to have them install the accessories. It is a shame that a dealership will not warranty their work but if the parts fail from the install and you did the work who's fault is it....:roflblack: I would get the parts and install them myself...I trust my work and only have them do it if I can't. Get something nice with the extra bucks...:clap:

RykerUSA
01-29-2019, 06:06 AM
Can-Am has various videos on YouTube regarding how to install accessories. They look very straightforward. I am installing mine myself.

Markubis
01-29-2019, 07:56 AM
I think it would depend on what accessories you are going to be adding. Even though I am mechanically inclined I would probably still have the dealer install shock upgrades and the sway bar for me. Mainly because the Ryker would be very new to me and I would want someone that knows them a little better than me installing those.
As for all of the other things, I would just do myself.

Triumphcycleman
01-29-2019, 09:20 AM
You do not have to have the dealer install them. If you are fairly mechanically inclined, have at it. Can Am has a nifty website: www.instructions.brp.com where you can type in the part number of the accessory you purchase and it will produce installation instructions and sometimes even an install video! Give it a try. For example, the hand guard light are 219400820.

BajaRon
01-29-2019, 10:55 AM
I got a number of accessories with my Ryker Rally. I am installing all of them myself. Dealer had no qualms at all. Sounds like your dealer is more interested in making a buck than making you happy.

Tslepebull
01-29-2019, 07:59 PM
My dealer installed all of the accessories I bought for my Rally at no cost and gave me a 10% discount to boot.

ryker
01-29-2019, 08:20 PM
My dealer would install for free or give me a 15% discount. He encouraged me to take the discount since most accessories are so easy to install. That is TBD, but i have watched BRP's videos on youtube and from what i see i think he is mostly correct. here is a link to get you started: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHg8uaHf60U

QuasiMotard
01-29-2019, 11:54 PM
My dealer installed all of the accessories I bought for my Rally at no cost and gave me a 10% discount to boot.

Maybe I need to take a ride east of H-town and visit your dealer.

--
QM

RykerUSA
01-30-2019, 07:03 AM
I ordered accessories on Sunday off eBay and received them yesterday. Already installed on my bike. Life is good.

RykerUSA
01-30-2019, 07:09 AM
As they Say, A picture's worth a 1000 words...

Before & After.

Ravent25
01-30-2019, 07:37 AM
Got everything yesterday and will install my parts when I pick mine up this weekend.. it was mostly the salesman not the per-say dealer. Can't wait for someone to come out with an exhaust, I need some rumble out of mine.. thanks for the input everyone..

WilliamTRyker
01-30-2019, 12:50 PM
My dealer would install for free or give me a 15% discount. He encouraged me to take the discount since most accessories are so easy to install. That is TBD, but i have watched BRP's videos on youtube and from what i see i think he is mostly correct. here is a link to get you started: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHg8uaHf60U

Has anyone installed the Handguard Lights (LED???) from BRP? I don't see a video for that one and the install docs indicate to have the dealer install it.

cueman
01-30-2019, 01:18 PM
There is a video on that and I'm going to order the hand guard deflectors & the hand guard lighting, and yes, they can be used together. I figure since I'll be in that area working anyway, might as well do it once and be done with it. PS probably also install foam grip covers. :clap: cueman