PDA

View Full Version : State Vehicle inspection sticker placement

gskinner
01-28-2019, 08:47 PM
For those of you that are required to have an annual state vehicle inspection where have you been putting the sticker on the Ryker? I really hate to put a sticker on the plastic parts.

Deanna777
01-28-2019, 08:58 PM
For those of you that are required to have an annual state vehicle inspection where have you been putting the sticker on the Ryker? I really hate to put a sticker on the plastic parts. I can't help you with that ( I have a 2014RTS-SE6 )but I am sure that someone who has a Ryker will chime in with the answer.

**** on my RTS-SE 6 my Vermont dealership placed the inspection sticker on the( sitting on the spyder facing the windshield) lower left side on plastic( near the front grill). It is visible. ****

Deanna

dolittle
01-28-2019, 09:05 PM
I dont have a ryker but a rts i live in pa and worked as a mechine all my life pa state law is a new vechile has to have a sticker in veiw but my delear didnt want to put a sticker on the one i bought, they said there mechine could do engines but not a pa sticker so they sent my bike out and that co put the sticker on the lower a frame no way is a cop going to see it, i dont want a sticker on the plastic.

Jasons900Ryker
01-28-2019, 09:10 PM
Mine is a Pa State Inspection sticker and its placed on the left front shock.

gskinner
01-28-2019, 09:26 PM
I think the shock is the only part that is not plastic and big enough for the sticker.

ozarkryder
01-28-2019, 09:45 PM
Depends where the state wants you to put it. When we lived in Arkansas they wanted it above or below the plate, so I had something like the black one, sticker was just below the license plate. In In Missouri they wanted it in front, usually on the lower fork leg, but I had mine on a plate like the silver one below that attached to a bolt on the fork. It could go anywhere. Easy to make from a little aluminum sheet. Now Missouri says it just has to be on the bike, so it's on the inside of the saddlebag lid on the Harley. Missouri doesn't require inspections for the first 5 years of a new vehicle, so on the 2018 RTL I've got a few years before I have to worry about it.

I always wondered why the inspection sticker in the first place. In order to get the year tab to put on your license plate, you have to show proof of inspection. If you got the tab that means it has been inspected so why an additional sticker on the bike or ,(in Missouri) in the corner of the windshield on a car. I think some legislator has a relative in the sticker business.

Jsmith8695
01-29-2019, 12:03 AM
In N.Y., the dealer placed it on the left front shock. Two wheeled vehicles it is placed in the same location.

Bfromla
01-29-2019, 02:12 AM
Check with your state DMV if it has to be visible & where, some do not. Here in Louisiana I can carry it with my registration paperwork in a bag somewhere dry & safe. Even in my wallet as long as I HAVE it if & when asked for it.:lecturef_smilie:
Going on our Air Force Base it has to be viewable & some buds have fabricated various devices on various bikes. I simply don't go on base till open house Air Show:yes::doorag::bbq:

safecracker
01-29-2019, 08:21 AM
In Maine our inspection sticker is small, we attach it on the liscense plate. Bruce