01-27-2019, 10:30 PM
This was fun to watch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l1IcNgmITA

RazzleH
01-27-2019, 11:05 PM
Good one Billtrek.

Chupaca
01-27-2019, 11:58 PM
Pierre from spyderTV and spyder accessories can get wild but has fun doing it. One thing for sure is it Won't overheat...:roflblack:

old Timer
01-28-2019, 06:54 AM
Wrong about overheating. Be careful as the snow will pack solid on the radiator with the resulting engine over heating. Discovered that on my ATV's with liquid cooling.........Just like the Ryker.

The Snow will pack good and tight on the front of the radiator, no air flow, big time over heating.

Kiry
01-28-2019, 09:38 AM
Great share, that was fun to watch. :thumbup:

Rogue Hawk
01-28-2019, 11:15 AM
Show this to motorcyclists who hate on CanAms

jlc41
01-28-2019, 01:02 PM
it was fun to watch but I think very dangerous.

ARtraveler
01-28-2019, 01:37 PM
The warnings about overheating and safety are there. Don't try this in traffic.

jnt
01-28-2019, 04:04 PM
radiator looks a bit vulnerable. Perhaps a fairing of some sort?
Much better than our RS did. Looks lfun.

Billtrek
01-29-2019, 04:33 PM
It showed me what I wanted to know. The Rally does have enough traction to ride in the winter.
This is what I use to ride in the winter. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4cBRYkVFxA

ryker
01-29-2019, 05:05 PM
that's funny because i was going to buy a ural until i started seriously looking at the ryker.

oh, and i am getting the rally. just looking for a break in the weather to get it home

ryker
02-11-2019, 07:17 AM
I took the rally out in the snow (not as much as this, and not to the point of blocking the radiator) and while it was definitely something I cannot do with my 2-wheel bikes, I was a little disappointed in how the VSS (actually the SCS) kept kicking in even in Rally mode. Halfway through a donut the power to the rear wheel was cut. Anybody know how to make this a little more hooligan?

newrideryker
02-11-2019, 11:29 AM
Rally mode does not totally disable the VSS and traction control?

I took the rally out in the snow (not as much as this, and not to the point of blocking the radiator) and while it was definitely something I cannot do with my 2-wheel bikes, I was a little disappointed in how the VSS (actually the SCS) kept kicking in even in Rally mode. Halfway through a donut the power to the rear wheel was cut. Anybody know how to make this a little more hooligan?

ARtraveler
02-13-2019, 10:27 PM
Don't want to snow on anyone's parade here...but from page 46 of the Ryker Operator Manual:

"The road behavior of this vehicle may be different from other vehicles on the road. Follow these recommendations:

:ani29: Do not ride off-road or on ice or snow."

This is a good example of BRP covering themselves in case some one does something bad.

Dealers that are promoting either/or may be subject to law suits. :dontknow:

WilliamTRyker
02-14-2019, 08:35 AM
"The road behavior of this vehicle may be different from other vehicles on the road. Follow these recommendations:

:ani29: Do not ride off-road or on ice or snow."

I wish I really knew what they mean by off-road. Yesterday I took Yellowjacket down a newly connected street to me and all of a sudden the asphalt ended and the road became unpaved (all gravel). Now, this was still a road (I think) and I continued down it and the Ryker handled it well, although I was still in Eco mode. The one thing I didn't expect was all the potholes (or holes) in the gravel filled with water. Was able to dodge them pretty well for the most part so the swerve maneuver (MSF) on the Ryker at least works at 40mph.

ARtraveler
02-14-2019, 11:48 AM
There will be many who will test the limits. Just don't try to sue BRP if the machine gets damaged or someone gets hurt in "off road" or "snow/ice" situations.

There are also some paragraphs on the same page of the manual (pg. 46) about driving in the rain and hydroplaning. Same stuff as printed in the Spyder manuals.

Been on the hydroplaning ride twice.

People have been testing the limits on their machines forever. Nothing new here.

Information about such rides is welcomed.

Tslepebull
02-14-2019, 02:40 PM
Been on the hydroplaning ride twice.

Information about such rides is welcomed.

Mr. Toads wild ride?

ARtraveler
02-14-2019, 02:42 PM
Mr. Toads wild ride?

:yes: if you want to share.