PDA

View Full Version : Great list of Rides to challenge the Rally drivers

DGoebel
01-27-2019, 07:50 PM
This is another website I use to create my list of future rides to consider, these include many un-paved roads,
https://www.dangerousroads.org/north-america/usa.html

I'm thinking that these would be some great experiences for the Rally's, Almost makes me want to buy one myself.

pegasus1300
02-02-2019, 12:23 AM
thanks for that link. Some I have already ridden but many I have not and will have to put on the list. The paved ones would be fun for any Spyder.

RykerUSA
02-02-2019, 12:23 PM
Now that I have a Rally, I can do some of these roads!!

DGoebel
02-02-2019, 02:05 PM
Now that I have a Rally, I can do some of these roads!!

I would ask you Ryker Rally Riders to log, blog, vlog whichever and document the "off-pavement" rides and tell us watching and waiting folks how it really handles real-world off pavement riding.
Maybe we should have you guys start a Ryker Rally Off-Pavement challenge!

McRuss
03-31-2019, 10:25 PM
I grew up in Durango so Red Mountain Pass and the Million Dollar Highway were in my back yard and I was driving them at 16 and still driving them (once a year now) at 75. I've also driven many of the others but oddly enough, never the "Oh-My-God" road. Black Bear a number of times on dirt bikes (DO NOT GO THERE WITH YOUR RYKER!), Mt. Evans, Mosquito (another NO GO for a Ryker), Beartooth, Loveland, Apache Trail (great Ryker road in AZ), Going to the Sun, Tail of the Dragon, Pikes Peak (never on a bike, just a TR4), and the most dangerous according to the web site, Monarch Pass. Oddly enough, I was a CO State Trooper out of Gunnison, CO in the 70's and the west side of Monarch was mine. I can vouch for the number of accidents there, some quite nasty (a long way to the bottom and difficult to bring bodies up out of the canyon!)

IdahoMtnSpyder
04-02-2019, 12:16 AM
Anyone have a good idea just how tough the Rally tires are? The rocks on some of those mountain roads, especially here in Idaho, can tear up a thin tire pretty quickly. Tires are the main thing I wonder about. I would like to get a Rally just for mountain roads, and there are a lot them here. Any idea if the Rally tires could be run down at 5 to 6 psi like ATV tires are?

Go to that link above and put Idaho in the search box. You'll get quite a few hits and the videos with them show the roads pretty good.