PDA

View Full Version : Transmission case color

RykerUSA
01-27-2019, 07:13 PM
Does the Transmission casing bother anyone else. To me it stands out since the rest the byke is blacked out. I'm tempted paint it. Thoughts?

Peter Aawen
01-27-2019, 07:38 PM
I dunno, I reckon that little bit of unpainted alloy helps make the whole thing look 'real'!! It might attract more attention if you blacked that out, but only because people would be asking "what the .... drives this thing?" :dontknow:

With that bit of alloy showing in amongst the dark colours & unrelieved black in various shades & textures, the Ryker doesn't look quite so much like an overgrown cricket that's been slammed up the back end by the windscreen of a Peterbuilt travelling at speed! :shocked:

Of course, YMMV, but you did ask! :thumbup:

Markubis
01-27-2019, 07:56 PM
I like the contrasting colors.

Tslepebull
01-27-2019, 08:13 PM
Matches what I have had before. Besides, it looks a little like a Sig with a stainless steel slide on a polymer frame

QuasiMotard
01-27-2019, 08:14 PM
... the Ryker doesn't look quite so much like an overgrown cricket that's been slammed up the back end by the windscreen of a Peterbuilt travelling at speed! :shocked:

:agree: :roflblack:

That's why I like it... it looks like an angry insect or wasp... anything but a bloated touring rig. No offense intended to the rest of the SL forum. :shocked: I just prefer the minimalist look, and I didn't want another full-dress tourer.

--
QM

Peter Aawen
01-27-2019, 08:37 PM
I wouldn't have said they look 'angry'.... the back-end looks more like it's been amputated or squashed!! :yikes: :barf:

But I do like how that 'stinger' tail on the Rally's improves the arse-ienda view & looks :2thumbs: & the Rally's in particular are sorta growing on me! :ohyea: The colours on offer..... yeah, not so much! :dontknow: