PDA

View Full Version : How many to be a Winner?

GoandChase
01-27-2019, 06:55 PM
It seems like people generally feel that the Ryker is or will be a winner this year. What's your guess on how many Rykers need to be sold this first year for BRP to think it's a winner?

RykerUSA
01-27-2019, 07:01 PM
I know they sold one. To me :)

DGoebel
01-27-2019, 07:24 PM
All of them produced

Tslepebull
01-27-2019, 08:18 PM
I have only bought one

Bob Denman
01-27-2019, 08:41 PM
It's a winner, if you like the one that you bought...

Tslepebull
01-27-2019, 08:43 PM
It's a winner, if you like the one that you bought...

Mine keeps pissing me off because it can not (or will not) make the weather better

Cobwebs
01-27-2019, 11:22 PM
If it takes sales from the Spyder division does that count as a winner from BRP's perspective ?

Chupaca
01-27-2019, 11:46 PM
More than likely if it surpasses their estimates....:clap: or when demand beats production...:dontknow:

Markubis
01-28-2019, 08:33 AM
I don't think it will take too many sales from the Spyder because of its price point. People who have the money to get a Spyder will get a Spyder if they like the way handles and looks. Then there are the rest of the crowd that "want" a Spyder experience but can't justify spending that much money on them. The Ryker meets that requirement and then some in my opinion. Are the Ryker riders settling? I honestly don't think so because the Ryker ride is different than the Spyder ride in many ways.

ARtraveler
01-28-2019, 05:36 PM
Sales volume totals may not be forthcoming from BRP. They do not seem to disclose information like that.

blacklightning
01-28-2019, 05:51 PM
I don't think it will take too many sales from the Spyder because of its price point. People who have the money to get a Spyder will get a Spyder if they like the way handles and looks. Then there are the rest of the crowd that "want" a Spyder experience but can't justify spending that much money on them. The Ryker meets that requirement and then some in my opinion. Are the Ryker riders settling? I honestly don't think so because the Ryker ride is different than the Spyder ride in many ways.
Well said! In other words, I consider the Ryker the gateway drug to the 3 wheeled world. Some people will stop there, and some will want more (a F3 series or RT). But either way, there will be a market, and Can am plans on cashing in on that.

Tslepebull
01-28-2019, 07:39 PM
I guess we could buy stock in BRP; they have to report to stockholders.

Winnex3
01-28-2019, 08:30 PM
It’s a stepping stone it will always help sell spiders just like Harley’s 883 iron did for Harley

Grandpaspeed
01-28-2019, 08:31 PM
The two Spyder/Ryker dealers in my area had to order minimum of 20 Rykers each and didn't order nearly that many Spyders. I take it they think the Rykers will be a better selling unit compared to the Spyder.

Markubis
01-29-2019, 10:10 AM
Agreed
Initially I didn't like the look of the Rykers because I have been seeing Spyders for so many years. But then I started seeing the ride reviews, and for what I will be using it for (commuting to work and short rides) it will be perfect.
I also like the idea of the shaft drive instead of a chain so it really hits all of the buttons for me.