PDA

View Full Version : Picked up my Ryker Rally today!

gskinner
01-26-2019, 06:12 PM
I picked up my Ryker Rally today. Went with the red panels although they look a little on the orange side but I like them. Also bought the windshield and installed my self.
Did not get to take it for a ride as I have a messy gravel driveway. Just moving it from the trailer to the garage the rear wheel throws some small gravels on the swing arm. I am thinking the cutaway fender looks great but a lot of owners are going to wish it was a full fender. Will post picture when I get it outside. Just need to find a large enough top case to fit my helmet and jacket that I can some how fit to the rack. The OEM top case is just too small.

CopperSpyder
01-26-2019, 06:50 PM
:congrats: on the new bike. :nopic: :yes::yes::yes:

ARtraveler
01-26-2019, 07:00 PM
:welcome: and :congrats:

Winnex3
01-26-2019, 07:59 PM
I picked up my Ryker Rally today. Went with the red panels although they look a little on the orange side but I like them. Also bought the windshield and installed my self.
Did not get to take it for a ride as I have a messy gravel driveway. Just moving it from the trailer to the garage the rear wheel throws some small gravels on the swing arm. I am thinking the cutaway fender looks great but a lot of owners are going to wish it was a full fender. Will post picture when I get it outside. Just need to find a large enough top case to fit my helmet and jacket that I can some how fit to the rack. The OEM top case is just too small.
Like this 168943

gskinner
01-26-2019, 08:23 PM
Winnex3, Yes that is what I am thinking for the top case. What model is it and how did you mount it?

Chupaca
01-26-2019, 09:36 PM
Do need that all important picture for proof....:roflblack: I thought the whole idea of the ryker ralley was so you could travel the gravel road and the paths not taken...:dontknow: Enjoy the new ryde....:2thumbs:

Winnex3
01-27-2019, 12:18 AM
Winnex3, Yes that is what I am thinking for the top case. What model is it and how did you mount it?
It is a givi v46 it was on one of my other bikes that I got rid of I was going to use it on the Ryker but I cannot have this and a two up setup so I went with the side bag setup side bag is not as big as the givi i might be willing to sell the givi if you are interested because I already bought the side bag 168946

gskinner
01-27-2019, 08:06 AM
How did you mount the Givi to the Ryker?

Winnex3
01-27-2019, 09:28 AM
How did you mount the Givi to the Ryker?
It is just sat on there to see how it looks I think it looks good it will fit two helmits you have to get a universal mount for it to fit the Ryker 168950

gskinner
01-27-2019, 04:57 PM
Added a picture to my first post.
Put about 35 miles on it today. Had it up to 75mph or so a couple of times and did not notice any handling problems. I guess I was lucky and got one built on a good day.
Wanted to do more but for some reason the Highway department decided to start spraying liquid deicer on some of the roads. Can't wait for summer!

Sarge707
01-27-2019, 06:16 PM
It is a givi v46 it was on one of my other bikes that I got rid of I was going to use it on the Ryker but I cannot have this and a two up setup so I went with the side bag setup side bag is not as big as the givi i might be willing to sell the givi if you are interested because I already bought the side bag 168946
I think that side case Shag? Is Great looking and fits the Rally nice!!!

deer30084
01-27-2019, 08:52 PM
I'm glad to see Can Am selling the Ryker at a price people can afford. Now we should see more Spyders on the road.

d.o.spyder-rts
01-27-2019, 09:20 PM
:congrats: on your Ryker and :welcome: to the spyder web. Dale

Rogue Hawk
01-28-2019, 11:24 AM
Cool wheels :doorag:

Lamonster
01-28-2019, 02:09 PM

This is what I brought in for our Rykers. You can expand it for your helmets or keep it low if you like. Very well made. We're making a mounting kit for it now.
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/shad-sh58x-expandable-top-case?gclid=Cj0KCQiA7briBRD7ARIsABhX8aB2iTufKck4lqC 2norfrFStwpvOvEhSIsedIEYWRFsubAF-5C5ap8UaAj8tEALw_wcB

QuasiMotard
01-28-2019, 02:25 PM
This is what I brought in for our Rykers. You can expand it for your helmets or keep it low if you like. Very well made. We're making a mounting kit for it now.
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/shad-sh58x-expandable-top-case?gclid=Cj0KCQiA7briBRD7ARIsABhX8aB2iTufKck4lqC 2norfrFStwpvOvEhSIsedIEYWRFsubAF-5C5ap8UaAj8tEALw_wcB

:clap:

I will certainly be interested in your mounting solution if it will be available separately! I already have the SH39's and SH36 panniers on two other bikes as part of the SHAD 3P system, so I wanted to swap the cases between bikes. Anxiously awaiting your next update on the topic. :popcorn:

--
QM

gskinner
01-28-2019, 06:38 PM
Case is a bit expensive but I am interested, especially the mounting system. Would allow me to possibly purchase a used case to save a little.

Wijames
01-28-2019, 09:42 PM

Will the mounting system be for 2up or single riding? Very interested. If its for 2up, I would buy it instead of buying a foldable backrest.

WilliamTRyker
01-28-2019, 10:38 PM
:clap:

I will certainly be interested in your mounting solution if it will be available separately!

I second the interest in a mounting solution for this bag.