PDA

View Full Version : Lamonster mirrors and grips

CTAC
01-24-2019, 07:51 PM
Just installed Lamonster's aftermarket mirrors and foam grips. Very nice! Good value it would seem. Grips feel excellent but will know more after it warms up and I get some miles on them. So, was thinking I would keep the factory mirrors at the low position and point them to the bike's blind spots and use the Lamonster mirrors for normal rear visibility. But, I might change my mind.

Looking forward to the Lamonster's bolt-on footrests when they are available (assuming they are affordable ;)).

KID Ryker
01-24-2019, 08:45 PM
Love the add ons. :cheers:

Lamonster
01-25-2019, 09:09 AM
Looking good. Lot of new stuff in the works.

Markubis
01-25-2019, 10:14 AM
Oh yeah!
I will definitely be getting that backrest. Will that work with a passenger? Or will I be using my wife to lean back against (not that that's a bad thing) ;)

Heyyy...I just noticed. Is that a little storage pocket on the back of the backrest? :2thumbs:

Batbike
01-29-2019, 06:43 PM
How hard is it to take off the handlebar mirrors to put on the grips?

cueman
01-29-2019, 07:49 PM
Easy-pesy, Revzilla has a video. ;) cueman

stu
01-29-2019, 10:38 PM
not a judgment but isnt it funny how we are converting the ryker into a spyder slowly.bigger screen,larger foot pegs,better grips and mirrors.extra storage,better lights,bigger back seat. and back rest.and it will go on.
canam must be wondering why they bothered sometimes,but it keeps the industry selling bikes and extras and thats a good thing.

Markubis
01-30-2019, 07:56 AM
nah, these are just accessories.

Call me when someone converts the CVT to a manual transmission and changes from shaft drive to chain drive. ;)

old Timer
01-30-2019, 08:50 AM

Call me when someone converts the CVT to a manual transmission and changes from shaft drive to chain drive. ;)

Fantastic, two giant steps backwards. :thumbup:

Ryker900
02-03-2019, 01:43 PM
Fantastic, two giant steps backwards. :thumbup:

Yes! That would be a big mistake to go back to shifting.:( Not having to shift is the reason I bought mine!:) Course I'm old and tired of shifting gears!:)

Ryker900
02-03-2019, 01:48 PM

Bad idea for me!:( I'd rather not shift anymore:) 75 yrs old and tired of shifting, you can keep the chain drive and manual transmissions. I've had enough of those!:sour:

IdahoMtnSpyder
02-03-2019, 11:32 PM
Course I'm old and tired of shifting gears!:)
Yeah, when we get older we tend to want to be shiftless!! :roflblack:

Markubis
02-04-2019, 08:05 AM
Bad idea for me!:( I'd rather not shift anymore:) 75 yrs old and tired of shifting, you can keep the chain drive and manual transmissions. I've had enough of those!:sour:

You missed my point. My comment was towards us trying to convert the Rykers into Spyders. Adding accessories to them won't make them ride like Spyders because Spyders have other characteristics that set them apart from Rykers.

Ryker900
02-07-2019, 09:56 AM
Just installed Lamonster's aftermarket mirrors and foam grips. Very nice! Good value it would seem. Grips feel excellent but will know more after it warms up and I get some miles on them. So, was thinking I would keep the factory mirrors at the low position and point them to the bike's blind spots and use the Lamonster mirrors for normal rear visibility. But, I might change my mind.

Looking forward to the Lamonster's bolt-on footrests when they are available (assuming they are affordable ;)).

Yes I am looking forward to having footrests also. Hope they are available soon.

bcraig
04-14-2019, 04:25 PM
Are the new mirrors better? The stock one are so blurred from vibration I can't tell what is behind me. It's one big blur.

Sarge707
04-14-2019, 04:36 PM
You missed my point. My comment was towards us trying to convert the Rykers into Spyders. Adding accessories to them won't make them ride like Spyders because Spyders have other characteristics that set them apart from Rykers.

Dats why I have both!