daddydarko
06-15-2009, 02:35 PM
Kaoko Throttle Lock

Fewer vibrations :)

jeuchler
06-15-2009, 03:34 PM
Kaoko Throttle Lock or Mirror extenders? :dontknow:

Mirror extensions.

Not to disagree with daddydarko (we just saw Donnie Darko, by the way, it was great), but I didn't bother changing grips on our last five bikes and it was aways fine.

Mirrors that show me myself don't help, however, and that's what the stock Spyder mirror does. I bought the mirror extensions actually before my Spyder was delivered in March of 2008. I rode it one day with the stock mirrors and it made me crazy. Maybe I just check behind me too often?!

To be fair, I intend to put Kuryakyn grips on, and I have recently added the BRP weights, Crampbusters, and 3 inch NMN handlebar risers. I'm just saying that I put the mirror extensions as the #1 or #2 mod (along with highway pegs) and grips, etc, are coming in around twelfth place on the list...

bjt
06-15-2009, 05:05 PM
I'm still riding with the stock mirror setup but I'm on my second throttle lock so I guess I'd have to vote for the Kaoko throttle lock. :D

jvicker
06-15-2009, 06:29 PM
I'm still riding with the stock mirror setup but I'm on my second throttle lock so I guess I'd have to vote for the Kaoko throttle lock. :D

WHY are you on your 2ND throttle lock?

bjt
06-15-2009, 07:49 PM
WHY are you on your 2ND throttle lock?

Well.......

I started out with the Throttlemeister. The way I wanted to use / set a throttle lock and the way the Throttlemeister set didn't jive. I didn't care to ride with it on all the time on the highway (like my wife does) and didn't like trying to set and release it while cruising on the highway. I currently use a Vista Cruise. After seeing ataDude's and lamonster's install posts on a Vista Cruise, I knew I could make one work just like they did. I had to modify a Yamaha or Honda (can't remember exactly which one) Vista Cruise to work with the Spyder but I really like being able to activate and deactivate the throttle lock with a flick of my thumb. The next step up for me would be a full blown cruise control.

dltang
06-15-2009, 07:54 PM
I have both the Throttlemeister and the mirror extension. I really didn't need the extensions until I got my NMN risers and my hands were in my mirrors. But if I had to choose between the two, I would go with the Throttlemeister

Firefly
06-15-2009, 08:09 PM
Well.......

I started out with the Throttlemeister. The way I wanted to use / set a throttle lock and the way the Throttlemeister set didn't jive. I didn't care to ride with it on all the time on the highway (like my wife does) and didn't like trying to set and release it while cruising on the highway. I currently use a Vista Cruise. After seeing ataDude's and lamonster's install posts on a Vista Cruise, I knew I could make one work just like they did. I had to modify a Yamaha or Honda (can't remember exactly which one) Vista Cruise to work with the Spyder but I really like being able to activate and deactivate the throttle lock with a flick of my thumb. The next step up for me would be a full blown cruise control.

You mean you use one of these????

We actually owned a Yellow Vista Cruiser back in the late 60's.

Whichever device you go with - I find a throttle lock (prefer the TM) my absolute #1 mod. Otherwise I couldn't ride more than 1/2 hour!

wa3wheels
06-15-2009, 09:29 PM
What would be the correct part # for the Spyder? :chat:

bnlrobinson
06-15-2009, 09:36 PM
Installed my throttlemeister today and rode to work. Works great:clap:just like I expected:2thumbs:. Going on a 3 day ride next week and I am sure this will be a great mod.

Roger
06-16-2009, 09:37 AM
If you can't see clearly then go for the extensions it's a safety thing. whats the number 1 excuse that cars use for hitting a bike everyone all together " I DIDN'T SEE HIM" you don't want to say that to a policeman because the car was in your blind spot when you changed lanes.

tatt2r
06-16-2009, 09:48 AM
Mirror extensions.

Not to disagree with daddydarko (we just saw Donnie Darko, by the way, it was great), but I didn't bother changing grips on our last five bikes and it was aways fine.

Mirrors that show me myself don't help, however, and that's what the stock Spyder mirror does. I bought the mirror extensions actually before my Spyder was delivered in March of 2008. I rode it one day with the stock mirrors and it made me crazy. Maybe I just check behind me too often?!

To be fair, I intend to put Kuryakyn grips on, and I have recently added the BRP weights, Crampbusters, and 3 inch NMN handlebar risers. I'm just saying that I put the mirror extensions as the #1 or #2 mod (along with highway pegs) and grips, etc, are coming in around twelfth place on the list...

Throttle Lock.....i just like disagreeing with john...:joke:

bjt
06-16-2009, 10:54 AM

+1 :D :D

jeuchler
06-17-2009, 11:09 PM

+1 :D :D

+1

Yeah. I disagree, too...

fastfraser