PDA

View Full Version : SKIING - after the Blizzard

BLUEKNIGHT911
01-22-2019, 06:54 PM
Went out this morning to hit the slopes …. -5F :gaah: ….. But the wind wasn't too bad …. took the Heated gloves and my poles with the Hippo hands …. I could have Sold a dozen sets :roflblack: …. I'm sure some of the folks I rode the Chair lift with will be googling .. DennisKirk.com ….. and buying there own …. The individual glove heater packs don't really work all that well and $10.00 for a pair ( that are one use only ) … just doesn't cut it - money wise …… Today was a champagne powder day :yes::yes:.. and where the un-tracked pwder was gone what was left was - PERFECT …. I'm no longer going to post as frequently about my ski time now, because it's pretty much redundant..... My old form is back and I think I'm actually skiing better than I was in my 20's ……. now I don't ski as fast as I can - for me it's more about STYLE now..... They have a ski club and race " Nastar " courses and I'm tempted :dontknow: … maybe next season - God -willing ……. Mike :thumbup:

ARtraveler
01-22-2019, 07:26 PM
Sounds like lemonade from lemons. :yes:

Lew L
01-22-2019, 07:42 PM
Skied today also. I know, I know----- I ski like and old man---- just try to keep up . nojoke Had a great day. Sunny and cold. Perfect snow conditions. Fast groomed runs.
I did some NASTAR racing years ago when I didn't know how to cut a course. Best I could do was silver medal. As its age related I think I could do much better now.

I buy my heat packs by the box and they're about 60 cents a pair. I often need toe warmers---- my wimpy little feet get cold.

Keep posting Mike and I'll chime in----- probably wouldn't post about skiing other wise.

Getting itchy for the Stage 1 ECU upgrade.

Lew L

Chupaca
01-22-2019, 08:46 PM
The sking should be great. Well enjoyed going along on your return to the slopes... be safe and when you get the gold post a picture with medal in hand...:thumbup:

BLUEKNIGHT911
01-22-2019, 11:15 PM
The sking should be great. Well enjoyed going along on your return to the slopes... be safe and when you get the gold post a picture with medal in hand...:thumbup:

:roflblack::roflblack: ……..if my phone was active I could send you pics of my Nastar gold medals, and silver , and bronze ….but that's all history now …. I'm just enjoying the present and improving my over-all health ….A benefit is also I don't smoke on or at the mountain...:clap::clap:.... Mike :thumbup: