PDA

View Full Version : Air Filter Choices

dg110270
01-20-2019, 09:48 AM
I have a 2011 RT. What choices do I have in paper air filters other than BRP? Also where is my fuel filter located? A picture would be nice.

Mikey
01-20-2019, 11:07 AM
I got a K&N filter from Ron, have used them in other unit, work great, and they can be cleaned and used for many, many miles! They are a bear to install but worth it in my book!

Chupaca
01-20-2019, 11:12 AM
I also run the K&N filter with the modified air system but had the K&N on the stock airbox as well. They do work much better than the stock filters. Have used them on all my vehicles. There are others like Wix for one and a crossreference check will get you other brands as well. Check with BajaRon here. The fuel filters normally are close to the tank on the right side and can also be obtained at the autoparts stores. There was just posted a thread on them...:thumbup:

BLUEKNIGHT911
01-20-2019, 11:25 AM
I got a K&N filter from Ron, have used them in other unit, work great, and they can be cleaned and used for many, many miles! They are a bear to install but worth it in my book!

:thumbup: ../../It's one & done deal …… And the K&N filter installs EXACTLY the same as the OEM ….not any more difficult …..Mike :thumbup:

dg110270
01-20-2019, 11:43 AM
I have a 2011 RT. What choices do I have in paper air filters other than BRP? Also where is my fuel filter located? A picture would be nice.

Thank you guys. ��

PMK
01-20-2019, 12:05 PM
Thank you guys. ��

If you do a little more looking, and ask about the removal of the stock airbox, many people have posted photos about removing the original airbox and going to a different setup. Not sure who has this, but maybe others will reply and direct you.

FWIW, it has been mentioned before, that while doing the airfilter, you should consider replacing the oem vacuum hoses with silicone vacuum hose bought in bulk and cut to length.

Also, it seems these earlier fuel injection throttle bodies can benefit from being cleaned while removed.

tomand
01-20-2019, 12:27 PM
k & n works great

dg110270
01-20-2019, 07:08 PM
I did the vac hoses recently. Thanks.