PDA

View Full Version : Snowblower mods

BLUEKNIGHT911
01-19-2019, 03:51 PM
Two years ago I added rubber extensions on the Paddles that actually throw the snow ….. this gave me another 19 ft. of snow-throwing distance :clap: ……… Today I added an LED light in front of the sno-shute above the auger housing ….. Yes It had a small lamp but it didn't give much light because the Chute blocked it ….. now I'll be able to see where I'm going :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:...…. Mike :thumbup:

Bob Denman
01-19-2019, 04:20 PM
:2thumbs: :nopic:

BajaRon
01-19-2019, 04:44 PM
So, blowing snow farther is more important that seeing where you are going?

BLUEKNIGHT911
01-19-2019, 04:47 PM
So, blowing snow farther is more important that seeing where you are going?

:hun: ….. this makes no sense ………… I added the LED so I could also see farther ………………. Mike :thumbup:

BajaRon
01-19-2019, 05:04 PM
:hun: ….. this makes no sense ………… I added the LED so I could also see farther ………………. Mike :thumbup:

Must be me then. Just responding (tongue in cheek) to your statement.

Two years ago I added rubber extensions on the Paddles that actually throw the snow ….. this gave me another 19 ft. of snow-throwing distance :clap: ……… Today I added an LED light in front of the sno-shute above the auger housing ….. Yes It had a small lamp but it didn't give much light because the Chute blocked it ….. now I'll be able to see where I'm going :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:...…. Mike :thumbup:

CopperSpyder
01-19-2019, 05:11 PM
Used to be his day job (snow blowing). Now with all the skiing this year he had to add lights to the snow blower because it has become a night job I guess :roflblack:

BajaRon
01-19-2019, 05:25 PM
Used to be his day job (snow blowing). Now with all the skiing this year he had to lights to the snow blower because it has become a night job I guess

Thanks for the info. I knew I must have been missing something. Probably should have just stayed out of it altogether. My bad...

Bob Denman
01-19-2019, 06:10 PM
It's always about throwing it farther. :2thumbs:
I bought the Missus a three-stage Snowblower a couple of season's ago.
She's throwing snow 70 feet; in places where she could only throw it 15 feet with our old machine.

Chupaca
01-19-2019, 09:42 PM
Now you can throw farther and see farther down the road :clap: I think Ron was wondering why you started with the throwing further and then seeing where your going and where I did that kind of stuff you were better off seeing where you were going or it would not matter where or how far you blew the snow....:roflblack::roflblack:

Bensonoid
01-20-2019, 09:24 AM
I added a 30 horse compact tractor with a heated cab to my blower.:roflblack::ohyea::yes::thumbup:

Bob Denman
01-20-2019, 09:25 AM
:2thumbs:

r1100rider
01-20-2019, 11:29 AM
Two years ago I added rubber extensions on the Paddles that actually throw the snow ….. this gave me another 19 ft. of snow-throwing distance :clap: ……… Today I added an LED light in front of the sno-shute above the auger housing ….. Yes It had a small lamp but it didn't give much light because the Chute blocked it ….. now I'll be able to see where I'm going :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:...…. Mike :thumbup:just put a turbo on it

Mazo EMS2
01-20-2019, 11:52 AM
just put a turbo on it

Yup, a "cold air intake" will gain you another 20ft for sure. We want video Mike!

Lew L
01-20-2019, 11:53 AM
I also added the extensions to the impeller blades as will as a slight RPM increase on the governor. All to often we get S**T for snow at this altitude. Very wet, heavy, easy clogging the chute. With a spray of WD-40 in the chute--- the modified blower just throws is all and considerably further than before.

Lew L

Lew L
01-20-2019, 11:58 AM
Yup, a "cold air intake" will gain you another 20ft for sure. We want video Mike!

I know your joking------ but cold wet air leads to carb icing on a snow blower. So I added a sheet metal block off plate to the bottom of the " chimney" around the carb. Hasn't iced up since.

Lew L

Bob Denman
01-20-2019, 12:27 PM
just put a turbo on it

Better yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvR-eaKUVqU

:bowdown::bowdown:

teninospyder
01-20-2019, 10:51 PM

Hope I never have to worry about that much snow again, Mike. Been there done that !! Have fun...…...REALLY !!:roflblack:

BLUEKNIGHT911
01-20-2019, 11:54 PM
Hope I never have to worry about that much snow again, Mike. Been there done that !! Have fun...…...REALLY !!:roflblack:

To some extant I actually like using the Sno-blower :gaah: …… When I consider how much effort is needed to do it by hand …. the sno-blower is a remarkable device. By Vermont standards mine is about average 14.5 HP 30 inch wide. How far it throws depends on the water content of the snow. Today it was medium dry ( could almost make a good snowball :roflblack:) So I was throwing it about 30 ft., which the max distance I need …….later , Mike :thumbup:

Bob Denman
01-21-2019, 09:04 AM
We had the kind of white snot that was wet enough to drip water out of it, when you made a snowball. The Missus was pitching that crap almost 45 feet.
I ran the "tools of ignorance..."

BajaRon
01-21-2019, 01:10 PM
I used to run a snow plow (4 yard dump truck. 1/2 load of sand and a plow on the front). But I've never run a snow blower. Sounds like fun! But not a big issue in San Diego, I'm afraid.