PDA

View Full Version : Brand New owner of the Ryker 900 Rally!

WilliamTRyker
01-18-2019, 07:48 PM
Just brought home my new Ryker 900 Rally Edition. Rode it from the dealer to my house for about an hour or so. I took a test ride on the 900 and this felt even better to ride. I was concerned about the effort required for steering input but it seemed perfectly OK to me. I'm new to motorcycles (got my M-class license two years ago but never purchased a bike) and this was very easy to get going on. I didn't get it above 55 on this initial ride so it'll remain to be seen what it's like at highway speeds.

I purchased the LINQ top case and the tank case. The top case seems OK if a bit small but it makes a good enough back rest, especially when engaging the throttle on this vehicle. I am really just "meh" on the tank case. Being a larger guy, the case was literally right up against me, which I found slightly annoying. Maybe it's my body position. Also, the portion of the tank case that is supposed to hold your cell phone is way too small to hold my Galaxy Note 8. I might have to cut part of the fabric to fit it in easily. One nice thing about the tank case is that it is magnetic so it just pops off the tank but since it has straps it doesn't just fall completely off. Makes it no problem to open the fuel filler door.

So far, I love it. My main concern is that Service Bulletin for the Gearbox Oil. I have no idea if affects my Ryker and I thought I might have another opportunity to ride it before the bad weather sets in this long weekend. :(

Tslepebull
01-18-2019, 09:00 PM
Welcome. Your experience with the rally mimics my experience

Chupaca
01-18-2019, 09:44 PM
Welcome to both the ryker world and this sometimes amazing site...:clap: congrats on the new ryde know you will have a blast..:2thumbs: lot of changes here of late but I think the picture is mandatory...proof of ownership...:roflblack: enjoy

ARtraveler
01-18-2019, 10:03 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: on your new Ryker. :yes:

Tbachli
01-18-2019, 10:06 PM
I am on an F3T and went to test ride the Ryker last week. Ryker was a blast. Definitely more of a rebel, have fun. The one accessory I would opt for is the windshield!

LeftCoast
01-18-2019, 10:15 PM
Congrats on the purchase, look forward to your ride experiences.:clap:

cuznjohn
01-18-2019, 10:24 PM
good luck,,,,, and ride safe

3 Wheel Rider
01-18-2019, 10:35 PM
A common phrase around here... "Post pics, or it didn't happen!!!" Oh yeah, :welcome: (RykerLover)

robholland
01-19-2019, 04:58 AM
Congrats! :)

Why did you like the Rally more than the 900?

WilliamTRyker
01-19-2019, 08:21 AM
A common phrase around here... "Post pics, or it didn't happen!!!" Oh yeah, :welcome: (RykerLover)

Thank you everyone!

I added a pic of my Ryker to the original post.

McClendons
01-19-2019, 08:23 AM
Nice looking bike, congrats!

WilliamTRyker
01-19-2019, 08:25 AM
Congrats! :)

Why did you like the Rally more than the 900?

Thanks.

Mostly better suspension, and ride height (although I really can't confirm this) were the main attractors. Plus I like the silver accents in the front and on the exhaust too.

Tslepebull
01-19-2019, 09:18 AM
Thank you everyone!

I added a pic of my Ryker to the original post.

And yours is the twin to mine. 168771. Storage is somewhat less than I am used to so I am learning to minimize. I passed on the SHAD side case in hopes that the aftermarket will offer something for each side; even if one side is smaller. They don't have to be symmetrical.

Purple Guy
01-19-2019, 09:20 AM
:congrats: & :welcome:

Michaelscs
01-19-2019, 10:09 AM
My main concern is that Service Bulletin for the Gearbox Oil. I have no idea if affects my Ryker and I thought I might have another opportunity to ride it before the bad weather sets in this long weekend. :(

Just check the level yourself. Not hard, shows how to do it in your owners manual.
Congrats! Looks great!

Deanna777
01-19-2019, 01:05 PM
:welcome: & :congrats:

I hope you get a chance to ride your new Ryker 900 before the bad weather hits.

Deanna

Tslepebull
01-19-2019, 01:07 PM
Just check the level yourself. Not hard, shows how to do it in your owners manual.
Congrats! Looks great!

It is easy to check. It is the white plastic bolt under the shift lever. It is easier to get to if you remove the left filter cover. Mine was low and I topped it off with 0.5 L of 75W140 synthetic gear oil

Winnex3
01-19-2019, 01:50 PM
:congrats: good choice