PDA

View Full Version : Ryker floorboards

Lamonster
01-15-2019, 10:04 AM
We have the mounts done and hope to get some testing in this week. They turned out really nice and fit the look of the bike well. :doorag:

Michaelscs
01-15-2019, 10:31 AM
They do look good! The question I have is do you still have the tool-less adjustability of board forward and back, and also brake pedal height?
In the pictures it looks like the pedal and board will interfere with each other, not allowing adjustment.

Lamonster
01-15-2019, 10:45 AM
They do look good! The question I have is do you still have the adjustability of board forward and back, and also brake pedal height?
In the pictures it looks like the pedal and board will interfere with each other, not allowing adjustment.

Yes are are still adjustable and the brake peddle is adjustable from the factory. Just pull out and rotate it where you need it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPEQ-0IwISI

Jarred
01-15-2019, 11:09 AM
Glad to see you’ve been busy Lamont. I’m wondering if u can make a cheaper/better windshield, hand protectors, splash guards and those “A Arm protectors”. But I still think an upgraded seat & passenger seat will be a home run. That seems to be the most expensive add on from BRP. Keep up the good work, I can’t wait to own a Rally, gonna Buy one right after I buy an enclosed trailer, no extra room in my garage. :gaah:

Chupaca
01-15-2019, 11:47 AM
They do suit the ryker to a tee....I'm sure there will be a waiting list for those...:2thumbs:

WilliamTRyker
01-15-2019, 12:02 PM
Newb poster here. Thanks for posting that. I noticed in the Operators Guide on p.27, they show a picture of the brake being able to be pull out (away from the bike) but the accompanying text doesn't really mention what your supposed to do. :2thumbs:

cueman
01-15-2019, 12:10 PM
We have the mounts done and hope to get some testing in this week. They turned out really nice and fit the look of the bike well. :doorag:

Hey Lamonster, are the floor boards rubber coated? Thanks, cueman

Lamonster
01-15-2019, 12:15 PM
Hey Lamonster, are the floor boards rubber coated? Thanks, cueman

No, they are powder coated. These are the smaller boards we use on the F3.

Michaelscs
01-15-2019, 12:22 PM
Yes are are still adjustable and the brake peddle is adjustable from the factory. Just pull out and rotate it where you need it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPEQ-0IwISI

I'm familiar with how the adjustment works with the stock pegs. My question was, with your boards, it doesn't look like you can lift board high enough because it looks like it will hit the brake pedal, not allowing it to be loose enough to move. Also, it looks like you can't pull the brake pedal out far enough to rotate because it will hit the board. These questions are based on how it looks in your pictures.

Lamonster
01-15-2019, 12:32 PM
I'm familiar with how the adjustment works with the stock pegs. My question was, with your boards, it doesn't look like you can lift board high enough because it looks like it will hit the brake pedal, not allowing it to be loose enough to move. Also, it looks like you can't pull the brake pedal out far enough to rotate because it will hit the board. These questions are based on how it looks in your pictures.

I'll have these in hand tomorrow. You may have to adjust the brake after you put the board where you want it. Either way it can be done, just may take an extra step.

Michaelscs
01-15-2019, 12:56 PM
I'll have these in hand tomorrow. You may have to adjust the brake after you put the board where you want it. Either way it can be done, just may take an extra step.

I look forward to seeing a video of the adjustments with your boards installed!;)

Triumphcycleman
01-15-2019, 02:12 PM
That is going to be a big seller. The stock pegs are a bit short(?) and their end digs into your shoe if you aren't wearing boots. Is the board angle adjustable?

CTAC
01-15-2019, 04:17 PM
Those do look sweet! Ballpark pricing? Hopefully not too painful ;)

Jsmith8695
01-15-2019, 04:27 PM
Those are what I am looking for. When will they be available? Will you also have an installation video?
---- Jim

blacklightning
01-16-2019, 02:38 PM
Those look nice. That would be a must have item if I had a ryker. The current pegs are the worse things that I have seen on a 2 or 3 wheeler, ever! You will sell a lot of those. Keep up the good work. Continue to get better and be blessed.

KID Ryker
01-16-2019, 02:57 PM
We have the mounts done and hope to get some testing in this week. They turned out really nice and fit the look of the bike well. :doorag: Any side view of Ryker floorboards pic. down level with bike

168646 Any side view of Ryker floorboards pic. down level with bike to see angle of board

Lamonster
01-16-2019, 03:18 PM
Did some install and test fitting today and we’re going to change it up just a bit. The boards will rotate forward and back as needed. Our large boards will work too if you’re long legged. Our highway brackets will work too. All in all I’m very happy with these.

Bob Denman
01-16-2019, 03:24 PM
They look awesome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxAKFlpdcfc

Michaelscs
01-16-2019, 04:04 PM
Lamont, thanks for your latest update and pictures. These pictures reaffirm my question. How can you take advantage of the adjustment of the board fore and aft, and rotation of the brake pedal for height? Do you need to remove the board temporarily, flip up the clamp and adjust the mount fore and aft and/or adjust your brake pedal height, and then remount your board?

cueman
01-16-2019, 06:05 PM
Hey Lamonster, I want the small ones. :thumbup: cueman

CTAC
01-16-2019, 06:12 PM
Same as long as they are afordable! :2excited:

Winnex3
01-16-2019, 06:36 PM
Shut up and take my money :yes:

Lamonster
01-17-2019, 10:25 AM
Lamont, thanks for your latest update and pictures. These pictures reaffirm my question. How can you take advantage of the adjustment of the board fore and aft, and rotation of the brake pedal for height? Do you need to remove the board temporarily, flip up the clamp and adjust the mount fore and aft and/or adjust your brake pedal height, and then remount your board?

Now that I have them in hand you are correct. This would be the process.

-> Adjust pegs where you would normally ride.
-> Flip up stock peg and move brake pedal all the way up and lock in.
-> Remove stock peg
-> Install new cam over bracket
-> Cam down with tool to be determined
-> Bolt up new floorboard or peg

Like any other Spyder or bike you most likely move it one time and that's it. The floorboard gives you much more room to move your feet so it would be better than a peg for that reason. If you think you're going to move it all the time this is not for you.

Michaelscs
01-17-2019, 11:28 AM
Now that I have them in hand you are correct. This would be the process.

-> Adjust pegs where you would normally ride.
-> Flip up stock peg and move brake pedal all the way up and lock in.
-> Remove stock peg
-> Install new cam over bracket
-> Cam down with tool to be determined
-> Bolt up new floorboard or peg

Like any other Spyder or bike you most likely move it one time and that's it. The floorboard gives you much more room to move your feet so it would be better than a peg for that reason. If you think you're going to move it all the time this is not for you.

Thanks for describing the mounting process and confirming my adjustment concerns. I really like the look and idea of your boards, but we're looking at purchasing a Ryker for my wife that I would also drive occasionally. I'm 6'4" and she's 5'4", so the quick adjustment is a big plus for us.
Can you suggest a larger than stock peg that will allow use of the quick adjust feature?

Lamonster
01-17-2019, 12:06 PM
Thanks for describing the mounting process and confirming my adjustment concerns. I really like the look and idea of your boards, but we're looking at purchasing a Ryker for my wife that I would also drive occasionally. I'm 6'4" and she's 5'4", so the quick adjustment is a big plus for us.
Can you suggest a larger than stock peg that will allow use of the quick adjust feature?

The stock peg is longer than most. We can add pegs to our adapter but it won't be any longer than stock.

Michaelscs
01-17-2019, 02:22 PM
The stock peg is longer than most. We can add pegs to our adapter but it won't be any longer than stock.

Not looking for longer. Looking for wider(front to back) with perhaps rubber grips.

Lamonster
01-17-2019, 02:33 PM
Not looking for longer. Looking for wider(front to back) with perhaps rubber grips.

That we will be able to do. Stay tuned.

Markubis
01-17-2019, 10:43 PM

Maybe something like a small ping pong paddle shape? Something that would allow it to tilt up and clear the brake lever while being adjusted.

Ryker900
01-28-2019, 06:56 AM
Looking forward to getting these. The picture looks like the brake pedal is pretty close to the board. Does it clear the board when the brake is applied?

Ryker900
01-28-2019, 07:00 AM
Lamont:I like these floorboards. When will they be available?

Ryker900
01-28-2019, 07:03 AM

I'd like to get these, but it looks like they are really close to the brake pedal. Does the brake pedal clear them when pressed down?

Peter Aawen
01-28-2019, 07:26 AM
Looking forward to getting these. The picture looks like the brake pedal is pretty close to the board. Does it clear the board when the brake is applied?

Lamont:I like these floorboards. When will they be available?

I'd like to get these, but it looks like they are really close to the brake pedal. Does the brake pedal clear them when pressed down?

You might want to give him a while on that one, Ryker900 - he does have other stuff on his plate & I suspect he's not on the boards at the moment. So hang tight, he'll get them out as soon as he can! :thumbup:

Ryker900
01-28-2019, 12:01 PM
You might want to give him a while on that one, Ryker900 - he does have other stuff on his plate & I suspect he's not on the boards at the moment. So hang tight, he'll get them out as soon as he can! :thumbup:

No problem. I can wait. It's still too cold here for me to ride anyway. I can't afford heated riding gear.

Lamonster
01-28-2019, 01:30 PM
The floorboard adapters should be heading to the anodizer this week. I hope to have product in the store next week. As far as the break goes it is adjustable.
Took a little spin on it this weekend. https://www.facebook.com/LadyLamonster/videos/10213391890218152/

Ryker900
01-28-2019, 02:41 PM
The floorboard adapters should be heading to the anodizer this week. I hope to have product in the store next week. As far as the break goes it is adjustable.
Took a little spin on it this weekend. https://www.facebook.com/LadyLamonster/videos/10213391890218152/

I see you have a backrest on it in the video, will that be available too? How about a top case with a backrest? I'm 75 years old and bought a Ryker 900 ACE. Haven't been able to ride it much since it's so cold here in Columbus,Ohio. Can't afford the heated gear.

Lamonster
01-28-2019, 04:28 PM
I see you have a backrest on it in the video, will that be available too? How about a top case with a backrest? I'm 75 years old and bought a Ryker 900 ACE. Haven't been able to ride it much since it's so cold here in Columbus,Ohio. Can't afford the heated gear.

Yes we will have a backrest and it will work with a topcase. I'm waiting on one part to finish that.

d.o.spyder-rts
01-28-2019, 05:25 PM
The floorboards look great on and off of the Ryker. Great job, hope your health continues to improve. Dale

wolphspyder
01-28-2019, 06:47 PM
Looks like another great addition by Lamont......keep up the good ideas,my friend .

cptjam
01-28-2019, 07:24 PM
Very cool! I think those look great! Keep on imagineering - dream up cool stuff and make it!

Wijames
01-28-2019, 09:36 PM
Noticed the LEDs in the hood on the video. Looks good! I would buy a set.

Ryker900
01-29-2019, 07:05 AM
Yes we will have a backrest and it will work with a topcase. I'm waiting on one part to finish that.

That looks great, but I don't think it will work with the top case I got from Can Am.The Linq Top Case (It sits right up against your back with no place to fit a backrest, so pretty much it is the backrest with no padding)169005 Do you have another top case available? Thanks

Ryker900
01-29-2019, 07:13 AM
That looks great, but I don't think it will work with the top case I got from Can Am.The Linq Top Case (It sits right up against your back with no place to fit a backrest, so pretty much it is the backrest with no padding)169005 Do you have another top case available? Thanks

I would gladly give up my Linq Top Case for a backrest, it doesn't have much room inside it anyway. I'd like a better top case and one that locks and holds my helmet anyway.Thanks for all your great inventions.

Ryker900
01-29-2019, 11:13 AM

Do you think this top case would fit behind the backrest: https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/shad-sh29-top-case

Lamonster
01-29-2019, 03:53 PM
This is what we are working on mounting on the Ryker. This is the expandable top case.

Ryker900
01-29-2019, 04:26 PM
This is what we are working on mounting on the Ryker. This is the expandable top case.

Is that a Shad? I'm looking at one that is much cheaper. That one is too expensive for me. If that Shad will work I'm guessing they all should. It has a universal mounting plate right?169019 This is what I'm thinking. It has a backrest pad attached. It's made for a passenger.

Markubis
01-30-2019, 08:00 AM

hmmm...you know what would be cool? A storage case that mounts on the back of the Rykers large passenger back rest so it could be used when the back rest is tilted down for single ride usage or when there is also a passenger on it.
The door seam would probably need to be at a 45 degree angle so when its in the single ride mode the angle goes down towards the rider and when tilted up for a passenger the door seam would them be tilting down away from the rider.

Ryker900
01-31-2019, 03:51 PM

Are these the floorboards that you are going to put on the Ryker: http://www.lamonstergarage.com/can-am-spyder-f3-black-dymond-gripper-mini-boards-motorcycle-lamonster/ Just wondering so I can save for the price of them.Thanks

Wijames
02-11-2019, 10:29 PM
How is the top case coming along?

bignose13
02-27-2019, 10:04 PM
Am i blind? where is the link to the floorboards:dontknow:

Peter Aawen
02-27-2019, 11:01 PM
Am i blind? where is the link to the floorboards:dontknow:

It's there, you just hafta go back to the beginning & follow the thread. ;)

Lamont posted pics in page 1, post #1 & there's the video link in post #3; there's more again in post #17 & a link to facebook showing a ryde with the floorboards fitted on page 2 post #34 as well as Ryker900's link to the Spyder version in post #47 above. :thumbup:

Here that last one is again: http://www.lamonstergarage.com/can-am-spyder-f3-black-dymond-gripper-mini-boards-motorcycle-lamonster/
Just remember that you'll need the F3 & Ryker bracket kit as well. ;)

vstrommer
02-28-2019, 06:35 AM
I would be really interested in getting that top case. Looks like it would be an awesome set up!! :thumbup:

mikeyuberalles
02-28-2019, 02:51 PM

I am certainly interested in the backrest. Lamont is making some great accessories for the ryker.

bignose13
02-28-2019, 05:43 PM
It's there, you just hafta go back to the beginning & follow the thread. ;)

Lamont posted pics in page 1, post #1 & there's the video link in post #3; there's more again in post #17 & a link to facebook showing a ryde with the floorboards fitted on page 2 post #34 as well as Ryker900's link to the Spyder version in post #47 above. :thumbup:

Here that last one is again: http://www.lamonstergarage.com/can-am-spyder-f3-black-dymond-gripper-mini-boards-motorcycle-lamonster/
Just remember that you'll need the F3 & Ryker bracket kit as well. ;)

Thank you, i just got confused because it just said "F3" ..

Wijames
03-10-2019, 06:27 PM
@Lamonster- do you have any info on the spot lights you have on the Ryker in your video? Do you sell them?

Ryker900
03-16-2019, 12:58 PM
I've got the floorboards and they work great. I'd love to have a driver backrest please.

Ryker900
03-17-2019, 01:19 PM
Did some install and test fitting today and we’re going to change it up just a bit. The boards will rotate forward and back as needed. Our large boards will work too if you’re long legged. Our highway brackets will work too. All in all I’m very happy with these.

I have the floorboards on my Ryker, but would like the Backrest you are working on. The floorboards look and work great. Thanks