PDA

View Full Version : Colors for Ryker

seaweed
01-13-2019, 01:25 PM
It appears that the colored panels are easily swapped out with new colors so perhaps the ryder can have blue inserts from Monday thru Friday as the person has to go to work. But then on the weekend the colors are swapped out for the cheerful color of yellow. Not sure how that would appear on one's vehicle registration. Perhaps it would read "black and blue but sometimes black and yellow" Not sure if that would go over good with the LEO. :joke:
168568 168569

Speaking of colors I am wondering when a Ryker will be repainted by someone from black to a different color like red (yes Prairie Spyder says that red is faster :bowdown:).168570

ARtraveler
01-13-2019, 03:32 PM
I am thinking that was part of BRP's marketing plan. Can't have to many colors. :yes:

Jarred
01-13-2019, 04:31 PM
Great point, but I don't think DMV will put too much thought into the different panel colors. They have my Metallic Champagne listed as "Tan" on my Registration. Really?? TAN... I can see putting Gold but Tan. Jeez. I heard many dealers are out of certain colors but BRP plans on releasing new colors every 6 months (not confirmed, just heard that). That would be cool, it would make some panels like those "Beanie Babies" some may actually resale for higher price than originally paid.
Kind of reminds me of that scene from the movie Johnny Dangerously, when they are running from the cops but they have many layers of shelf paper covering the car, and they keep stripping off layers so the cops don't know what color the getaway car is. LOL.
My guess is all Rykers will be listed as Black since that is their primary color. Maybe someone w a Ryker can tell us what their Registration says??

ARtraveler
01-13-2019, 05:00 PM
Logical solution would be for DMV's to call all rykers black. The couple square feet of color panel does not constitute a vehicle color...maybe more like "trim."

Now...what they really do..........? :roflblack:

Chupaca
01-13-2019, 05:17 PM
They are just basic black :agree: guess I would call them "identifing marks"... :roflblack:

nchangin
01-13-2019, 05:27 PM
It will be exciting to see what 3rd party vendors come up with for panels

ofdave
01-13-2019, 06:29 PM
now the guy with different colored panels can name his Ryker "Chameleon"

cueman
01-13-2019, 08:10 PM
The local DMV in our town let me put down 2 colors for my golf cart. Black & yellow :dontknow: cueman

PrairieSpyder
01-13-2019, 09:54 PM
. . .

Speaking of colors I am wondering when a Ryker will be repainted by someone from black to a different color like red (yes Prairie Spyder says that red is faster :bowdown:).168570

I'd like one that's all red! Because it would be faster, of course! :clap:

ARtraveler
01-13-2019, 10:36 PM
I do like that red. :yes:

seaweed
01-14-2019, 12:53 PM
I'd like one that's all red! Because it would be faster, of course! :clap:

Yes Patti I knew that you would like that. By the way I have seen your Spyder parked but never seen you ryde it, so not sure if it faster.:joke:

PrairieSpyder
01-14-2019, 03:46 PM
Yes Patti I knew that you would like that. By the way I have seen your Spyder parked but never seen you ryde it, so not sure if it faster.:joke:

That sounds like a challenge! Next time we're in the same place, you're on! http://mazeguy.net/transport/moped.gif

eddieshep999
01-15-2019, 03:41 PM
Some posted this on a Facebook Ryker site

Little Photoshop of how I would like my Ryker to look once I get it. Still unsure about a colored fender but will definitely be doing a full teardown and paint. Will definitely be time consuming smoothing all the textured panels. Not sure if I will do a satin or gloss white. Leaning more towards satin. May do another rendering with headlight panels.

Thoughs ?

RNBOB
01-15-2019, 04:26 PM

Little Photoshop of how I would like my Ryker to look once I get it. Still unsure about a colored fender but will definitely be doing a full teardown and paint. Will definitely be time consuming smoothing all the textured panels. Not sure if I will do a satin or gloss white. Leaning more towards satin. May do another rendering with headlight panels.

Thoughs ?

You could try Plasti Dip. I have an NC700XD that I have changed the color on 3 times. all red first. Peeled it all off. Then red and white. Peeled it off. then all black.
Easy to use, looks good. Its a flat color not shiny.
google Plasti Dip and you will find it.
Bob

seaweed
01-15-2019, 05:59 PM

Thoughs ?

That looks good. You are better at Photoshop than I am. Please post some pics after it is painted. Give us an estimate of the time it took to strip it down and paint it.:yes:

eddieshep999
01-15-2019, 07:23 PM
That looks good. You are better at Photoshop than I am. Please post some pics after it is painted. Give us an estimate of the time it took to strip it down and paint it.:yes:

For your information I copied this from a post on the Ryker Lovers Facebook page
It was from Shane Knutson
I’m sure if you check it out he will give you the information you were after
I Posted it because it looked so good and I’m sure other Ryker owners would like to see what others are thinking of doing

Dubliner
01-16-2019, 05:33 AM
deleted

Dubliner
01-16-2019, 05:37 AM
It’s certainly more attractive than all black! I had a black Kawasaki and it was a divil to keep clean, any speck, dust dirt mud!

It appears that the colored panels are easily swapped out with new colors so perhaps the ryder can have blue inserts from Monday thru Friday as the person has to go to work. But then on the weekend the colors are swapped out for the cheerful color of yellow. Not sure how that would appear on one's vehicle registration. Perhaps it would read "black and blue but sometimes black and yellow" Not sure if that would go over good with the LEO. :joke:
168568 168569