PDA

View Full Version : Ryker Tourer?

RykerUSA
01-11-2019, 10:18 AM
I love many aspects of the new riker. However, annually I make a tour of the Rocky Mountains coming from Indiana. I can figure out how to add enough storage. But heading out there without cruise control would be a pain. Do any of you geniuses out there in ryker land know if I can ad electronic cruise control to this machine?

Tslepebull
01-11-2019, 09:16 PM
I am planning to add a friction throttle lock (Kaoko) to mine. With the CVT transmission it should hold speed pretty well

Pallidus Aranea
01-11-2019, 09:59 PM
I have others use something as simple as https://www.crampbuster.com/ .... I cannot personally vouch for it. I had a Kuryakyn Throttle Boss (mechanical level type) cruise on a previous bike. Worked well.

SpyderAnn01
01-11-2019, 10:27 PM
I hope it works for you. No cruise would be an absolute deal breaker for me. I use mine whenever I can.

cptjam
01-11-2019, 11:06 PM
Throttle lock. Used one for years on a ST 1300. Works great!

canamjhb
01-11-2019, 11:36 PM
I used throttle lockers for years. But, I got old and found cruise control. Wouldn't do without CC now..... For lack of cruise control you may be OK but, in my opinion, that would be a compromise

cueman
01-12-2019, 12:20 AM
I have others use something as simple as https://www.crampbuster.com/ .... I cannot personally vouch for it. I had a Kuryakyn Throttle Boss (mechanical level type) cruise on a previous bike. Worked well.

I am simpler than you, I mean I have a more simple idea. LOL In the old days one could slip an O-ring over the hand grip and roll it into the space between the throttle housing and grip, easy peasy cruise. John Deer had a pretty yellow one that was common with the BMW crowd, but I can't remember the part # :ohyea: cueman

Trevor G
01-12-2019, 01:28 AM
I am simpler than you, I mean I have a more simple idea. LOL In the old days one could slip an O-ring over the hand grip and roll it into the space between the throttle housing and grip, easy peasy cruise. John Deer had a pretty yellow one that was common with the BMW crowd, but I can't remember the part # :ohyea: cueman

I bought a Caterpillar O ring cruise control from a CAT dealer in New York, I think it was, early last year, via eBay. Not showing ast the moment, though

Sarge707
01-12-2019, 08:35 AM
I bought a Caterpillar O ring cruise control from a CAT dealer in New York, I think it was, early last year, via eBay. Not showing ast the moment, though

https://youtu.be/sejkA3yk4uQ
Here is a Video- Very in expensive temporary cruise as Long as your careful?

F650624
01-12-2019, 10:16 AM
The Caterpillar PN: 8M-4991. It only lasted 10 years and 100,000 miles on my F650GS :)

RykerUSA
01-12-2019, 10:22 AM
The Caterpillar O ring idea will likely be my solution. Thanks for the creative ideas.

KID Ryker
01-13-2019, 08:44 PM
I am planning to add a friction throttle lock (Kaoko) to mine. With the CVT transmission it should hold speed pretty well Don't think it will work due to the hand guard.

gg194
01-14-2019, 08:14 AM
O-ring looks absolutely unsafe to me. Do use a "crampbuster" type piece, helps some.

blacklightning
01-14-2019, 09:07 AM
I hope it works for you. No cruise would be an absolute deal breaker for me. I use mine whenever I can.:agree:100%. I finally got a chance to sit on a ryker for an extended amount of time this past saturday. Nice little machine, but there is plenty of room for the aftermarket to make upgrades. For me, those steel foot pegs (without even rubber on them) would be the first thing to be updated.

Bob Denman
01-14-2019, 11:46 AM
I think that the Cramp-Buster is probably a better idea also...
I always used the cruise control on all of my RT's, and they all worked flawlessly. :thumbup:
I'd have to say that I also prefer a bike that has it...

Freezefm
01-15-2019, 01:14 PM
CrampBuster was the first after-market mod I did! I had one on my Yamaha Bolt, but forgot to take it off when traded in for "Number One".

Bob Denman
01-15-2019, 02:28 PM
Buy yourself another... You've bee behaving, and they're certainly cheap enough! :thumbup: