PDA

View Full Version : GearBrake

gjklockhart
01-09-2019, 12:06 PM
Has anyone used the GearBrake (Smart Brake Light Module)
I'm interested in the "Flashing" model.
Wondering if they activate (flash) too much and annoy people following you.
I think the principle is great... bikes often slow down without applying the brakes... and might not be noticed by other drivers.
Just don't want to be irritating to people following.

https://gearbrake.com/

d.o.spyder-rts
01-09-2019, 05:06 PM
I don't have one on my spyder, however, that "flashing" while sometimes being annoying and irritating can be a good thing-it'll get you noticed. Dale

pjweimer
01-09-2019, 06:47 PM
I have the Gear Brake unit on my 2014 RT Ltd and it gets many compliments. I also have TricLEDs High Brake light mounted on the trunk lid plus their three brake LEDs and they all flash.

Best safety addition fopr the Spyder.

UtahPete
01-09-2019, 07:27 PM
Has anyone used the GearBrake (Smart Brake Light Module) I'm interested in the "Flashing" model. Wondering if they activate (flash) too much and annoy people following you. I think the principle is great... bikes often slow down without applying the brakes... and might not be noticed by other drivers. Just don't want to be irritating to people following. https://gearbrake.com/

Have you seen the previous thread about 3rd brake lites?

gjklockhart
01-11-2019, 01:14 PM
pjweimer,
Did you have any trouble connecting both the GearBrake and the TricLED's together? Did they both have the OEM "plug n play" connectors?
I'm planning to use the Gearbrake module in conjunction with a Custom Dynamics high mount brake light and I believe both will have the OEM connectors.

pjweimer
01-11-2019, 02:51 PM
pjweimer,
Did you have any trouble connecting both the GearBrake and the TricLED's together? Did they both have the OEM "plug n play" connectors?
I'm planning to use the Gearbrake module in conjunction with a Custom Dynamics high mount brake light and I believe both will have the OEM connectors.

Both the Gear Brake and the TricLED LED strings have plug and play connectors. Thought I had videos on YouTube showing both installs... maybe not, can't remember for sure.