PDA

View Full Version : A different CHAD question

wyliec
06-13-2009, 05:07 PM
I had the CHAD installed at Americade. The right side is a little lower. The up adjustment is equal on both sides; so, that isn't the problem.

Since I didn't install it, I'm wondering if the holes on the windshield at console level are large enough so that I can raise the right hand side or lower the left?

Spydr in KS
06-13-2009, 05:35 PM
I had the CHAD installed at Americade. The right side is a little lower. The up adjustment is equal on both sides; so, that isn't the problem.

Since I didn't install it, I'm wondering if the holes on the windshield at console level are large enough so that I can raise the right hand side or lower the left?

:hun: No, the bracket to console won't move. Try adjusting the angle a little on one side to level it out.

wyliec
06-13-2009, 06:59 PM
:hun: No, the bracket to console won't move. Try adjusting the angle a little on one side to level it out.

I was out working on it when you answered. What you said is what I did and it looks better now.

Thanks

mjw930
06-13-2009, 08:08 PM
The one on our Spyder is tilted as well. The bracket looks to be perfectly aligned but the shield itself twists when it's installed on the bracket enough to make it less than perfectly aligned. I shimmed the bracket a little to get it close but it's still a but off. I chalk it up to manufacturing variances. If I get ambitious I'll dissect the problem and come up with a proper solution but I seem to be the only one that notices it.

Smylinacha
06-13-2009, 08:46 PM
The Spyder itself is crooked.:thumbup:

jeuchler
06-13-2009, 09:24 PM
The Spyder itself is crooked.:thumbup:

:roflblack:

Spydr in KS
06-13-2009, 10:05 PM
but I seem to be the only one that notices it.

Round off the corners and you won't notice at all!:clap: