PDA

View Full Version : Best Mod Yet.

DannyS
06-13-2009, 04:52 PM
You know I have the whole book on mods, led signals cal-sci windshield, Corbin seat, MBRP pipe and Muffler, juice-box and Green filter. All good mods I like to be seen and heard. Last night and this morning I putt on my latest and best mod. The evoluzione cyclesports Sway Bar. All I can say is WOW I wish I had started with this, wait no I don't without miles on the stock one I would not appreciate this one as much. Not only does it flatten the Spyder on the corners making them a joy to drive. It also helps on the highway. The Spyder is not as jittery on the highway. The front tracks much better and the shocks work better also. I am still running stock shocks, but the sway bar gives a little more damping not so much rebound as before. It even makes the rider smoother. Sway bars are black magic and I have been zapped in the wallet by some claims in the past. But:bowdown: Ken Zeller is a wizard and has the black magic in hand. Harry Potter could use him on his side. Glad he is on ours. :clap::2thumbs:

daddydarko
06-13-2009, 09:24 PM
Glad ya found something you digg so much! :thumbup: I've heard good feedback too.

I just can't get behind that much dough for a metal bar. Also, I don't have any beef with the Spyder suspension.

How was the install?

aka1004
06-13-2009, 09:46 PM
Glad ya found something you digg so much! :thumbup: I've heard good feedback too.

I just can't get behind that much dough for a metal bar. Also, I don't have any beef with the Spyder suspension.

How was the install?

when you first see the thing, it's like I just paid 230 bucks for this? But once you put it on, it is exactly like danny described. It is amazing what a piece of 230 dollar metal can do. A small one at that. I can kick my self for not getting it sooner. Install took me 2 2/1 hours with trunk off

bjt
06-14-2009, 07:34 AM
$230 for a piece of metal may or may not be too much depending on your point of view. Thats the same price I paid for my NMN risers, a little less than I had into the Billet Bike Parts highway peg brackets and two Kury footpegs and a touch more than it cost for the dltang's KewlMetal mirror extensions. I too have the Evoluzione sway bar and it did make an improvement to the feel of the Spyder's handling. That being said, I never would have paid for it but dltang won it in a trivia contest and I stole it from her. :D

Bersquack
06-14-2009, 08:31 AM
I have the sway bar too. Was skeptical at first, but I'm very happe I have it. :2thumbs:

baldev
06-14-2009, 08:38 AM
I agree with DannyS. I ride hard around corners and ride with RC51s and the likes. The sway bar has given me the ability to corner and keep up with this machines, $230, the best mod for me :thumbup:. Worth every penny by Evoluzione.

DannyS
06-14-2009, 09:05 AM
Any mod is a trade off is it worth it to you for what you have to pay for the item. So any mod gets personal, I am expressing my reaction based on my perceived value of the item. I know a sway bar does not look like much but the torque and leverages involved as well as material and thickness make it a very complex product. That said if we all liked the same thing then all Spyder's would look and act the same (they would all be silver and black of course) I have bought sway bars guaranteed to help the cornering of a race car or street car and they did not deliver. I was letting people who have had similar experiences know that I felt this product delivered. If someone is not interested in the product then fine. That is their call. Even with "spec" car racing ten different drivers will come up with ten different set-ups to suite there driving style. That makes it fun.

DannyS
06-14-2009, 09:15 AM
Daddydarko
The install was no problem, I did not pull the trunk I just put the front end up on jack stands and worked it from the bottom. I did move the trunk forward and prop it with a screwdriver to give myself more room, with a end-wrench ratchet I would not have had to do that. I used the inside "firmest" setting and it was noticeable before I got to the end of the street. Once mounted you can get to the ends easily to adjust the bar to either of the two settings. I may move it to the end setting later to see what change that makes. I understand they now have red and black you just have to specify when ordering.

Just Doo Me
06-14-2009, 09:34 AM
Any mod is a trade off is it worth it to you for what you have to pay for the item. So any mod gets personal, I am expressing my reaction based on my perceived value of the item. I know a sway bar does not look like much but the torque and leverages involved as well as material and thickness make it a very complex product. That said if we all liked the same thing then all Spader's would look and act the same (they would all be silver and black of course) I have bought sway bars guaranteed to help the cornering of a race car or street car and they did not deliver. I was letting people who have had similar experiences know that I felt this product delivered. If someone is not interested in the product then fine. That is their call. Even with "spec" car racing ten different drivers will come up with ten different set-ups to suite there driving style. That makes it fun.
:agree:Personally I like to feel the improvement of a mod like this compared to the addition of lights to the bike.I understand people going that route as well but as stated above "to each their own".