PDA

View Full Version : Another reason my wife doesn't want me riding at night

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
01-07-2019, 06:15 PM
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/10/19/car-crashes-up-states-legal-marijuana-studies-show/1693567002/

tibadoe
01-07-2019, 06:22 PM
I don't like riding at night mainly because of the deer in my area. Either way, think I will just stay at home.

GoandChase
01-07-2019, 06:51 PM
I wonder how much they spent to research that? Almost like the articles that talk about families with a high debt load tend to save less for retirement. Any way... the deer in my area also like to play tag with moving objects so I agree with Tibadoe I'll be limiting my evening rides. At least for awhile.

Chupaca
01-07-2019, 06:56 PM
I notice that they are all sanctuary states as well....🤔 could that have something to do with it...??? Not a night driver myself unless necessary...:thumbup:

ARtraveler
01-07-2019, 07:00 PM
Does anyone watching cop shows on tv these days notice that over 90% of the stops usually result in 420 possession or use by the drivers?

It's just not the legal states involved. I will even go so far as to say that its just as bad in the daytime.

It is a very large problem for all. PS. I am not a user. NEVER tried the stuff, and since I have made it this far...not going to try it, period.

No problem with those who use. Just don't smoke it and drive.

JayBros
01-07-2019, 10:37 PM
The Saturday/Sunday Review section of the WSJ published an article entitled Marijuana is More Dangerous Than You Think with the sub headline "As legalization spreads, more Americans are becoming heavy users of cannabis, despite its links to violence and mental illness." The author is s a former New York Times reporter and the essay is adapted from his new book, “Tell Your Children: The Truth About Marijuana, Mental Illness and Violence,” which will be published by Free Press on Jan. 8. If you'd like to read it, PM me your regular e-mail address and I will send it to you. I can't post a link because without a WSJ subscription you won't be able to read it.

wyliec
01-08-2019, 07:08 AM
I sort of agree with akspyderman in all ways but one.

Any how, here are a few reviews of the book/article mentioned:

https://www.amazon.com/Tell-Your-Children-Marijuana-Violence/dp/1982103663#customerReviews

I like the word cherry pick in one of the reviews. So, it's fairly obvious on what side of the reviews I fall.

akspyderman,

The reason I say sort of agree is something I'd like to P.M. to you; I'm not quite sure if I'm supposed to use the black triangle.:dontknow:

Bob Denman
01-08-2019, 07:43 AM
Impaired driving is always going to be a problem. Nothing will stop drivers (and riders...) from doing monumentally stupid things! nojoke
Know the shape that you're in: before twisting the key!

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
01-08-2019, 07:52 AM
Impaired driving is always going to be a problem. Nothing will stop drivers (and riders...) from doing monumentally stupid things! nojoke
Know the shape that you're in: before twisting the key!

it's not just knowing it's understanding which is the hard part.

Bob Denman
01-08-2019, 08:18 AM
Understanding: goes out the window first... :banghead:

Big F
01-08-2019, 10:20 AM
Just an FYI. One of the members of NISR (Nebraska Iowa Spyder Ryders) has had two (2) encounters with deer and both were during daylight.. Happy to report there were no personal injuries but lots of Spyder damage on both incidents...
BIG F

Lew L
01-08-2019, 11:42 AM
So having another " legal " intoxicant" on the road won't cause more accidents, REALLY???

No, pot isn't as intoxicating as booze but it surely is a distraction. As a legal drug, even more and more young people will use it in their still developing brains. There are plenty of distractions out there on the roads where we drive our cycles and :spyder2:s ----- Lets have another intoxicating drug out there. Johnny Carson said this 30+ years ago and it still holds true for me today.

Oh yah----- is the pot today stronger than the wimpy a$$ weed of the 60's ????? Of course it is, some is WELL over 20% THC. "You got to smoke it and get high" (Bob Marley) and then make the decision to get in your car and drive????? Sure the right decision is made ( just like with booze).

So don't drink ( or smoke weed ) and drive.

Lew L

Bob Denman
01-08-2019, 11:47 AM
:agree::thumbup:

ARtraveler
01-08-2019, 12:22 PM
I sort of agree with akspyderman in all ways but one.

Any how, here are a few reviews of the book/article mentioned:

https://www.amazon.com/Tell-Your-Children-Marijuana-Violence/dp/1982103663#customerReviews

I like the word cherry pick in one of the reviews. So, it's fairly obvious on what side of the reviews I fall.

akspyderman,

The reason I say sort of agree is something I'd like to P.M. to you; I'm not quite sure if I'm supposed to use the black triangle.:dontknow:

The black triangle is used for "reporting" posts. I will get the e-mail if you do that, and so will the other moderators and admins.

To send a regular PM--click on notifications at the top of the page. You will get a menu. Use send a private message, and then you will get another menu box which is self explanatory.

wyliec
01-08-2019, 12:26 PM
Is pot only smoked at night? I ask because of the thread title.

ARtraveler
01-08-2019, 12:52 PM

Be nice please. :lecturef_smilie:

Jarred
01-08-2019, 04:41 PM
What we really need to look out for are those pot smoking deer. They’ll get ya every time!

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
01-08-2019, 06:04 PM

no, but since drivers have problems seeing us during the day pot just makes it that much more dangerous at night. also i am sure that it is done more at night after work when it is dark out.

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
01-08-2019, 06:07 PM
What we really need to look out for are those pot smoking deer. They’ll get ya every time!

good thing the deer on long island only snort coke while on meth so they are very awake.

Chasinsparks
01-08-2019, 10:20 PM
Ride safe. Stay alert!