PDA

View Full Version : belt or chain

parfor
01-03-2019, 01:17 PM
Can anyone tell me what they are using to transfer power from the driven clutch to the driveshaft.

Woodaddict
01-03-2019, 01:51 PM
Ryker has CVT, which is variable belt for speed, that goes right to output shaft, to final shaft drive to wheel. NO BELT OR CHAIN

Rogue Hawk
01-03-2019, 02:44 PM
" belt or chain"

Depends how naughty you are :yes:

ARtraveler
01-03-2019, 03:15 PM
The RT's and F3's use a belt drive. The new Ryker is a shafty. There are no chains on the Spyder/Ryker line ups.

Triumphcycleman
01-03-2019, 03:49 PM
From the driven clutch of the CVT, it goes into the gearbox, which has forward and reverse mechanisms. Inside this gearbox are actually two chains which move between the gear shafts and, ultimately, to the output shaft and out thru the driveshaft. It reminds me a little of a transfer case in a truck so it should be ultra reliable

BajaRon
01-03-2019, 04:48 PM
I think the 'Transfer Case' analogy is a good one regarding the gear box. The CVT transmissions have been around for a long time. They work well in many applications. Not so good in others. Time will tell with the Ryker. But I think it is a good fit for this vehicle.

You can hover your mouse pointer over each picture to get a bigger view. But the simple answer to the OP's question is. 2 Chains and a Belt go between the engine and the shaft drive.

CVT (Input from Engine Crankshaft - Output to Gear Drive)
Part #21 is a V-Belt

Here is the CVT in its housing

Gear Drive (Input from CVT - Output to Shaft Drive)
Part #4 - is a Hyvo Chain
Part #2 - is a Chain

Here is the Gear Drive in its housing

Rob Rodriguez
01-03-2019, 05:14 PM
This is basically how the snowmobile is set up. The CVT transfers power to the chain case which is just a case with 2 gears and a chain that spins the axle. On the sleds its recommended you adjust the chain tension after 500 miles (which is super easy) and then its good to go. This setup is bullet proof reliable on sleds and the chain sees a fair amount of force when you jump a snowmobile and the track comes back in contact with the ground. The Ryker will never see this type of action.