PDA

View Full Version : Ryker Mods - new Adapter for the seats - need a lot of help !!

chris56
01-02-2019, 01:16 PM
I still have no ryker here, without some chnages on the seat-position I cannot use it for us !!
so maybe someone can help me with following ..

I want to set the original Ryder-seat 3-4 inch higer and the origianl passanger-seat exact on the same height (direct behind the driver-seat - like on a F3..but everything could be smaller)
I do NOT want to change anything on the Frame-System, it should stay absolut original without any new wholes or so !!

So my idea is to make a new "adapter" which is fixed with the 4 x M6 screws which normally hold the frame of the passenger-seat and four "new" wholes to fix this frame more to the back-wheel and high enough that it does not touch the wheel when full loaded..

should be easy to install (?) when its finished -

I`m not a good fotoshopper or technical painter. so maybe someone can bring that to a better professional diagram, or maybe its an impossible idea ??

chris56
(retired-ryker-ryder ?!? but 2up)

cueman
01-02-2019, 01:28 PM
Looks to me like you have the hard part already done. :thumbup: cueman

chris56
01-02-2019, 02:16 PM

forgot to say - we used a Spyder GS ten years ago for our 25y-honeymoon, which was an adventuere ..
( this year hopefully with the new RYKER .. seems its built for the "1.000 mls over the Alps")

KID Ryker
01-04-2019, 06:30 PM
I think you would be better if you bolt to the top of the seat plate instead of the sides. Just installed the max mount. Make a rectangle box instead of a C brace. Leave the max mount where it is just raise your seat. How your drawing is it looks like you raising the passenger seat also.

chris56
01-05-2019, 06:01 AM
I think you would be better if you bolt to the top of the seat plate instead of the sides. Just installed the max mount. Make a rectangle box instead of a C brace. Leave the max mount where it is just raise your seat. How your drawing is it looks like you raising the passenger seat also.

Thanks - good Idea, but I also need the max-mount a little to the back and higher, there should be the space for a topcase with a backrest and maybe a "new" version of the passenger seat - could you give me an idea of the size of the Box ??