PDA

View Full Version : Change Forum Name???

IdahoMtnSpyder
12-31-2018, 11:53 PM
I got to thinking (dangerous I know!) now that Rykers are being shipped and being taken home by happy new owners maybe we should change the name of this website!!

How about Sprykerlovers.com??? :roflblack: :thumbup: :roflblack: :thumbup: :roflblack: :thumbup: :roflblack: :thumbup: :roflblack: :thumbup: :roflblack: :thumbup:

Mikey
01-01-2019, 07:10 AM
Enough with the changes:gaah::yikes::coffee:

Peter Aawen
01-01-2019, 08:37 AM
Surely we could do something better & easier than one of those mixed up tongue twisters!! :dontknow:

What say we simply take the 'SPYD' from Spyder & the 'ER' from Ryker (well, the Rykers are substantially cheaper & smaller than the Spyders, so it's only fair to use a bit less of their name ;) ) and once you add the original 'Lovers' on the end that'd give the Forum the new name of SPYDERLOVERS! :2thumbs:

That's gotta be a win win situation doesn't it? The new name has part of each 'roadsters' names & is a whole lot cheaper & easier to change to &/or remember than any other 'mix' of Spyder & Ryker! So there y'are; problem solvered - a new name AND the old name all bundled up in one easy to change to/remember & readily acceptable name for this Forum! :ohyea:

Now wasn't that a whole lot easier than you thought it'd be?! :thumbup:

Grandpot
01-01-2019, 08:45 AM
Old Swedish proverb: "Change brings about the illusion of progress."

Bob Denman
01-01-2019, 09:16 AM
:agree:
Even though I know he was posting this "Tongue-in-Cheek": don't feed the animals in here! :banghead:

asp125
01-01-2019, 09:38 AM
Drop the "SP". One thing that hasn't changed is the "Y".

YDERLOVERS

;) Not to be confused with sites that cater to uh.. larger men and women. :roflblack:

jaherbst
01-01-2019, 09:49 AM
[QUOTE=IdahoMtnSpyder;1411331]I got to thinking (dangerous I know!) now that Rykers are being shipped and being taken home by happy new owners maybe we should change the name of this website!!

Well on a personal note I think the StrykerLovers should have there own site and stop taking over our long established and loved Spyderlovers site. I am personally not interested in the Stryker and it seems that the majority of the posts are now from the Strykers and not the Spyders.

OK let the flaming begin!:bdh:

Jack

Chupaca
01-01-2019, 11:56 AM
There is room for both and as far as I am concerned it is just another model of the spyder. If they feel that different and need their own let them set up their own. The parallel twin 600 is the only one that willl get little engine help here for now....:thumbup:

trikermutha
01-01-2019, 01:12 PM
I am still waiting for xmas lights to break at the top of the page. And dont expect this topic to be any different. I dont see it happening.

ARtraveler
01-01-2019, 03:22 PM
Spyderlovers still works for me. Both made by the same company. All in the same family. Different strokes for different folks. We don't need more of the "us vs. them" things. Let's give the Ryker some time to develop.

Bob Denman
01-01-2019, 06:05 PM
I don't know...
I'm almost leaning toward:
"Reverse Trike with a 600, 900, 998, or 1330 cc engine Lovers.com

But I suppose that we'd have to just change it when the next engine is developed... :banghead:

Grandpot
01-01-2019, 06:57 PM
That rolls right off my tongue. ��

IdahoMtnSpyder
01-01-2019, 09:02 PM
I'm inclined to say Peter has the best response!! :clap: