PDA

View Full Version : 7 Days and a Wake-up

Dudley
06-12-2009, 07:41 PM
Well, while everyone going to the BRP in LA are counting the days, we are anxiously waiting for June 20th when we leave for our home to Newfoundland to Washinton to home excursion of 10,000 miles and 7 weeks, leaving parts of my pocket book along the way. Such a long trip on the Spyder is kinda frightening, but we are really looking forward to going places we have never been, and doing it on a new concept of transportation...the Spyder! We are also looking forward to meeting other Spyder Ryders who may be along our route and can join us for coffee and a few minutes of visiting. I hope that all of you going to LA have a safe trip, and for those who have never been in the desert part of the Southwest, I hope you really look into the true beauty that awaits you.

hawkiii
06-12-2009, 07:49 PM
Dudley, hope you have a great experience on your trip. Sorry we will miss meeting you in LA but looks like you have a true adventure planned. Enjoy and be sure to post us some pictures if you get a chance along the way. Wishing you good weather and a happy Spyder all the way. :thumbup:

NancysToy
06-12-2009, 07:59 PM
Ryde safe and have a great journey. You have my number, hope to see you when you make it to Michigan (or nearby). Godspeed!
-Scotty http://www.pmdawnonline.com/forum/images/smilies/velo.gif

Firefly
06-12-2009, 08:23 PM
Sounds like a great trip - hope to catch up with you in Michigan --- for that oil change you'll need ! :D

Do you have the list of dealers--- let me know if you don't - I've got a PDF of it.

Roaddog2
06-12-2009, 09:30 PM
Give us a heads up if your coming through CT.:2thumbs::2thumbs:

Big Arm
06-12-2009, 09:49 PM
Same here Dudley. If your traveling I-90 thru southern Minnesota, I will try to meet you in Worthington, MN and ride to Sioux Falls, SD with you. I think I read in one of your eariler post, you may try to hit the Black Hills on your way to Wash.

Lamonster
06-12-2009, 09:49 PM
Sounds like a great trip, wish I was going with you. :doorag:

Dudley
06-13-2009, 08:55 AM
I didn't think it would start this early. Took a while to go to sleep last night...pretrip jitters. It's excitement, apprehension, anticipation, wanta get the heck started , all rolled into one. By this time next Saturday we'll be on our way!

baldev
06-14-2009, 08:55 AM
Don't know if you are coming down to Philly, Pa. Give me a shout and I will pick up tab on lunch or dinner or coffee or tea or beer.

You have fun, and loads of it.

Dudley
06-14-2009, 11:13 AM
Got a call yesterday from one of our West Coast Spyder Ryders. He will make a banner for us to bring for signatures and pictures, so while SpyderLovers is going West, we are going East. Awesome!

Don in E Texas
06-14-2009, 11:24 AM
I'm tipping a pint your way that you have a great trip (pt. of Royal Purple, that is)..

If you happen to ride into the ArkLaTex area - let us know and we'll meet you (Arkansas, Lousiana, Texas)...

We've been to Dallas, TX to New England on our Goldwing many years ago and we still talk about it... your trip will be a once-in-a-life time adventure, I'm sure...

don

Smylinacha
06-14-2009, 08:36 PM
Yeah if you come to CT let us know. I'll pm you our #.

jeuchler
06-14-2009, 08:39 PM
Got a call yesterday from one of our West Coast Spyder Ryders. He will make a banner for us to bring for signatures and pictures, so while SpyderLovers is going West, we are going East.
Awesome!

Ha!

Don't forget a Sharpie!

bone crusher
06-14-2009, 10:53 PM
Stay in touch...hope to be able to catch ya in the D.C./Baltimore area...have some family plans due to Father's Day next weekend but keep me in the loop.

BC