PDA

View Full Version : Does the new Ryker have Cruise control? Or will I need to add?

stovebolt_six
12-30-2018, 09:43 AM
Does the new Ryker have cruise control, or will a person have to add it like I had to add cruise control on our '15 F3?

KID Ryker
12-30-2018, 09:48 AM
NO cruise control

Bob Denman
12-30-2018, 09:57 AM
I'm guessing that it has something to do with the CVT transmission... :dontknow:

Navydad
12-30-2018, 10:56 AM
I'm guessing that it has something to do with the CVT transmission... :dontknow:

Possibly, but I think it is more about $$$$.

Tslepebull
12-30-2018, 11:16 AM
I wonder if any of the ThrottleMeister models would work?

Michaelscs
12-30-2018, 01:05 PM

I agree it's probably about $$$$. The CVT shouldn't matter. The speed sensor would probably be located on the driveshaft or wheel and the throttle & CVT would just work to maintain the set speed.

oldgoat
12-30-2018, 04:46 PM

My Corolla has a CVT and cruise control

ARtraveler
12-30-2018, 05:07 PM
Don't know for sure if the Ryker has the ability to add a cruise like the Spyders did.

Since the Ryker was created from the ground up, with the thoughts of cost cutting (which they did well), I am guessing it will not be cheap or easy to outfit a Ryker as such. :popcorn:

Peter Aawen
12-30-2018, 05:49 PM
Even if there is no facility for an electronic Cruise Control on the Rykers, with the twist & go throttle & the CVT, you'd think they'd be ideal for one of the friction style 'poor man's cruise/throttle lock' devices.... something like the 'Vista Motorcycle cruise control throttle lock' that goes for less than $40 on eBay. They come in a variety of sizes to fit most common bar & throttle grip dia combinations, take all of 10 mins to fit, and are easily flicked on or off with your thumb. Back in the days before EFI & electronic throttles, they were pretty much all that was available, and they worked well - still should! And they should be ideal for holding a steady throttle setting on a CVT equipped machine! :thumbup:

Bfromla
12-30-2018, 06:53 PM
Ryker not for LONG rydes so kept to minimal

BajaRon
12-30-2018, 08:10 PM
You can put an aftermarket cruise control on the Ryker. I've done this for several motorcycles and my 2008 GS Spyder. It's a bit of work but they sure are nice to have. The newer electric models are better than the old vacuum versions. Especially on a motorcycle which makes very little vacuum compared to most cars.

The biggest issue is making it waterproof.

brutusbikes
07-09-2022, 07:58 AM
My wife has a 15 F3 and wants to add cruise control, can you tell me about yours?

troop
07-09-2022, 08:00 AM
(4) year old thread. Do a new search for cruise control on Spyder F3.

RykerUSA
07-31-2022, 09:10 AM
I just upgraded from a 2019 to 2022 rally. On my old bike, I had an atlas throttle lock that worked really quite well. The new rally has electronic cruise control as standard equipment. It’s really interesting that I primarily still use my throttle lock rather than the cruise control. I use the throttle lock because it’s very convenient and fast to engage and disengage with only my thumb on the throttle hand. The cruise control takes more time as you turn on the cruise control and then wait to the proper speed and then push the button again and hold it for a second or two to engage the cruise control. So, I only use the standard equipment cruise control on long distances/interstate driving and I rely upon my atlas throttle lock for all other cruise control type needs.

Raven
07-31-2022, 10:28 AM
The 2022 Rally and Sport models come with cruise control.
I believe that BRP also lists one you can install yourself.

Raven
08-01-2022, 02:45 PM
The BRP part no. for a Ryker cruise control is sku219401135.

DickB
08-02-2022, 02:12 PM
The BRP part no. for a Ryker cruise control is sku219401135.That's just for the button. I believe you also have to get the ECU reflashed to add the needed software. A member of the Facebook group Ryker Mods did, at an additional cost of $200.

DickB
08-02-2022, 02:16 PM
I just upgraded from a 2019 to 2022 rally. On my old bike, I had an atlas throttle lock that worked really quite well. The new rally has electronic cruise control as standard equipment. It’s really interesting that I primarily still use my throttle lock rather than the cruise control. I use the throttle lock because it’s very convenient and fast to engage and disengage with only my thumb on the throttle hand. The cruise control takes more time as you turn on the cruise control and then wait to the proper speed and then push the button again and hold it for a second or two to engage the cruise control. So, I only use the standard equipment cruise control on long distances/interstate driving and I rely upon my atlas throttle lock for all other cruise control type needs.

The ergonomics of the factory Ryker cruise is not great.

I added a Rostra cruise control to my 2019 and used these buttons. They are easier to reach than factory and react instantly, just like your car.

Raven
08-02-2022, 07:03 PM
That's just for the button. I believe you also have to get the ECU reflashed to add the needed software. A member of the Facebook group Ryker Mods did, at an additional cost of $200.

The Can-Am site lists it as a cruise control and easy to install.
Check it out, might not be perfect, but you never know.
Talk to a Can-am dealer, he should be able to tell you if a reflash is needed.