PDA

View Full Version : Ground effect light kit

CTAC
12-29-2018, 04:17 PM
Installed a body light kit today I got off of Amazon. The kit included 8 strips and one small remote control that fits on your keychain. It was only about 40 bucks.

If you want to install one, I'd be happy to tell you how things went for me (method and strategy). Biggest initial advice I would throw out there is do it before your trike gets all dirty. I spent more time cleaning surfaces than actually installing the strips! Turned out great. I like the idea of driving on a curtain of light at night time. Improves visibility considerably.

ARtraveler
12-29-2018, 04:25 PM
:2thumbs::2thumbs:

Severnpaul
12-29-2018, 05:24 PM
Pictures would be great.

CTAC
12-29-2018, 06:18 PM

Grandpaspeed
12-29-2018, 06:55 PM
Now that looks great

tibadoe
12-29-2018, 07:11 PM
That looks good!!!

Severnpaul
12-30-2018, 07:05 AM
Awesome.

Markubis
12-30-2018, 08:21 AM
Looks good!
What kit did you use?

CTAC
12-30-2018, 10:25 AM
I used the AMBOTHER 8 piece kit. 40 bucks on Amazon

I actually wired the power to the battery tender quick disconnect connector my dealer installed so if some reason I needed to disable the system, all I have to do is pull the connector apart.

I don't like seeing the lights but rather their effects so I mounted the strips in places where you couldnt see the lights themselves. Not an easy job, truthfully. Bought car ramps at Walmart to elevate the front of the bike. Was able to muscle the bike up on the ramps without trying to drive the trike up them. Was worried I would clutz and go too far. My back is paying for that decision this morning.

BLUEKNIGHT911
12-30-2018, 11:02 AM
This is late info, but your lights were already on when you posted...…. After-market (ie non OEM ) lights -LED's, are not legal in all States, depending where you have them mounted and what color/s they are. So I would inquire in Ks. ( where you live ) what the lighting regs. are. In Vermont the under-the-bike lights are illegal no matter what color they are..... they look nice, great DIY …… good luck ….Happy New Year ….. Mike :thumbup:

Markubis
12-30-2018, 11:54 AM
New Hampshire appears to restrict red, blue Amber and green. All other colors are allowed....from what I can tell.
Makes sense..blue is reserved for police, red for fire, Amber for other emergency. Not sure why they restrict green though.

CTAC
12-30-2018, 12:10 PM
Appreciate the info! It is my understanding that as long as the LEDs are not directly visible, flashing, or displayed in red, there are no laws restricting their use in Kansas. In Missouri, to my knowledge there are no specific anti-use laws but blue is considered a police color so best not to be used. If someone knows more than I do, let me know. Thanks! I personally think the purple looks cool underneath the black exterior of the machine. :2thumbs:

BLUEKNIGHT911
12-30-2018, 12:29 PM
New Hampshire appears to restrict red, blue Amber and green. All other colors are allowed....from what I can tell.
Makes sense..blue is reserved for police, red for fire, Amber for other emergency. Not sure why they restrict green though.

Hi, I won't go into all the restrictions Vermont has ( too many, haha ) but we appear to be similar...…. I followed Fed. D.O.T. rules concerning MARKER lights. I have many Red & Amber lights in various places, most have an on/off switch. ( this beats cutting wires if an LEO demands it ) …. I have been stopped twice ( at night ) because my Spyder is very noticeable...… After a brief discussion, using the D.O.T. lighting regs. guidelines as my Legal basis, I was able to continue operating ….with All my lights ON :yes::yes: …… Mike :thumbup:

JimH
01-02-2019, 11:14 AM
This is something I want to do this year, I like the look along with foglights. I was looking at the offering form Lamonster, has anyone installed those? I am looking for a straightforward installation where I avoid breaking anything.