PDA

View Full Version : Could use mod design help

bbmcpockets
06-12-2009, 01:16 PM
Good morning guys and gals,
This is my first post to SpyderLovers.com, I don't have a Spyder yet, I am working with my local dealer (Abq., NM) trying to figure out how to make my mods. I am a hemiplegic paralyzed on the left and although the SE5 has most everything I need I have to figure out how to get the controls on the other side of the bike. I spent most of the last 20 years designing and building an HD trike that I could ride, although it worked fine I am tired of breaking axles, swingarms, frames, and anything else you can think of that would leave me stranded and :cus: screwed on trips. Now I am looking at the Spyder.

What I need to do is get the shift switch, the start, reverse, turn(s), high/low, and horn buttons on the right. The kill and flashers can be relocated to the dash. That may sound like a lot for one hand but my HD has all that plus a clutch. IT CAN BE DONE! We really a determined lot, eh?:2thumbs:

From the looks of the SE5 stock controls if the shift switch housing came to the right it would be A) backwards (no biggie), and B) in the way of the throttle cable (problem). The rest of the needed switches are all on the left. Is there anyway to move these switches to the right panel where the others would come out?

I apologize if this is long, but I find it easier to explain in detail where I have been for the last 20 years:gaah:.

If anybody has experience changing the location of stock switches, I would really appreciate some advice. I have seen some of the other mods yo guys have done, I am impressed:bowdown: all this time i thought I was good just moving switches, shifter, clutch and re-designing the brake system on an HD, but you guys ROCK!!!

Thanks again, Pockets

M2Wild
06-12-2009, 01:27 PM
welcome

fastfraser
06-12-2009, 01:47 PM
welcome I have not read anywhere on this forum where someone has moved all the controls to one side, however if it can be done i am sure someone on this forum can figure it out as we have some very tech smart mechanics.

Lamonster
06-12-2009, 01:49 PM
welcome
You might want to look through Mikes post as he had to move everything to the right on his Spyder.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/member.php?u=1642

8LEGS
06-12-2009, 02:34 PM
welcome