PDA

View Full Version : The hard truth from the smoke vlog

Winnex3
12-27-2018, 06:01 AM
https://youtu.be/0JchsocCT5E

BajaRon
12-27-2018, 08:05 AM
I hope this isn't news to anyone. There is a reason Can-Am calls one vehicle a 'Spyder'. And the other vehicle a 'Ryker'.

This is not a case of 'A Rose by any other name'. This is a case of 'You can't make a Silk Purse out of a Sow's Ear'.

Should be pretty obvious to everyone. But not a problem. Not everyone needs a silk purse, after all.

Highwayman2013
12-27-2018, 09:14 AM
I hope this isn't news to anyone. There is a reason Can-Am calls one vehicle a 'Spyder'. And the other vehicle a 'Ryker'.

This is not a case of 'A Rose by any other name'. This is a case of 'You can't make a Silk Purse out of a Sow's Ear'.

Should be pretty obvious to everyone. But not a problem. Not everyone needs a silk purse, after all.

I have to agree with Ron, this is not news to me. I still want one though.

Rob Rodriguez
12-27-2018, 09:20 AM
This is great news. Not all of us need or want an F3 or an RT. I wouldn't buy either one. I would buy a Ryker though.

Jarred
12-27-2018, 09:41 AM
Well said Ron. My cousin asked if I plan on selling my RT to get a Rally (because he knows how excited I’ve been about Ryker). I’d never sell my RT, I love long distance riding and ride 2 up a lot. With my wife and both kids (my wife has no interest in learning how to ride). So the RTL was made for me. However with that being said, I’d love to buy a Ryker Rally for solo rides, and those days when it’s really hot and I just wanna rip it for an hour or so. My cousin is getting a Ryker, he loves my RT but he’s not interested in owning a Spyder. Ryker was made for him. This isn’t a case of “do I buy a Harley or Indian” it’s all about wanting the freedom of riding w the safety of a 3W and safety record of Can Am on road. I think the big “test” will be revealed next Fall, after a full riding season. That’s when I’d like to hear from people who own both Spyder & Ryker, and find out what machine they put more miles on during riding season. Either way, I still feel Ryker will be a home run for Can Am.

JayBros
12-27-2018, 10:23 AM
Intuitively obvious, to me anyway!

BajaRon
12-27-2018, 10:27 AM
This is great news. Not all of us need or want an F3 or an RT. I wouldn't buy either one. I would buy a Ryker though.

This hits it right on the head!

You can say a lot about BRP/Can-Am. But one thing that you have to acknowledge is their focus on expanding the sport when so many others are just trying to attract another brand's customer. There is a very important and huge difference between the two approaches to sales.

One concentrates on getting a bigger piece of the existing pie. The other wants to bake a completely new pie. Not that both don't happen regardless. But it's which customer you put your effort into that, I think, sets BRP/Can-Am apart from the rest.

blacklightning
12-27-2018, 10:31 AM
I agree with his thoughts. I had a 2014 RT and wanted something that I could ride around town and have a little more fun on. In my case, I decided to pick up a slightly used 2012 RSS to go along with my RT. After a while, I decided that I didn't need 2, 3 wheeled machines and sold the RT and traded in the RSS for a F3T. This seems to allow me to be able to do both. I might one day pick up another 2 wheeler, but if I do, it will either be a used F3S or another RSS. The ryker is just not pleasing to the eyes to me. But that is why we have different bikes and trikes. There is bound to be something that will fit each person. To each their own.

Chupaca
12-27-2018, 11:22 AM
I'm so confused...:roflblack::roflblack: good thing I'm a GS,RS, RSS kinda guy and don"t have to tax my mind...:roflblack: looks like the Ryker is building up steam and will be a good addition to the BRP line up....:thumbup:

ARtraveler
12-27-2018, 03:22 PM
I LIKE the perspective of the video. It does answer the questions about differences in a great way. Its all about different strokes, for different folks. There is now a Spyder/Ryker that will fit almost everyone's needs/desires. :yes:

Winnex3
12-27-2018, 05:25 PM
Well for me I said from the moment I saw it I said it was the sporster of the spyders I never saw it any other way and that’s what I liked about it I use to own a sporty and loved it I should have never got rid of it not that I don’t like my valkyrie I do but that sportster was fun and that is what I think The Ryker will be and all of the reviews have said so �� can am have got a hit on there hands and I can’t wait to get mine