PDA

View Full Version : Need help with updating the Banner Run front page

Lamonster
06-12-2009, 08:09 AM
Where is it and where has it been since the last update on the front page. :helpsmilie:

dltang
06-12-2009, 11:09 AM
Lamont, here is what is going on as far as I can tell. The banner is stuck in Cleveland. It was scheduled to be picked up this past week but Tim had to cancel. Tim has offered to mail it to me but I suggested he mail it to Trickie Dick or 8Legs and that way they could have an Indiana signing before we rode through IN and picked it up. That is the last I have heard. It would be nice if we had some other Ohio riders on this site that could help out and keep it moving and keep it out of the mail. Come on SpyderLovers, let's step it up. I can meet someone on Sunday afternoon if I have to. I will go as far as Toledo but I really can't afford any farther than that with time and money being such as it is right now and LA so close. If anyone has any ideas on how to get the banner to Toledo for a Sunday Afternoon pick up, please respond or even getting it to somewhere in IN to meet some of those folks would work just as well. I will not have time for a long stop in IN for signing, it would be a roadside meet, no lunch if we have to stop in IN for a banner signing. The day is already going to be long so we have to limit our stops.

retread
06-12-2009, 01:35 PM
If I can get a guaranteed meet, I can change my route to go through Toledo next week to pick up the banner on my way to MI, then pass it off to Tina or Dick when I get back to IN.

john

8LEGS
06-12-2009, 02:42 PM
Hey John, if you do that let me know. It would be best to give it to Dick. Deb wants to pick it up on their way through Indy on the 22nd. We could have a signing sometime while it is here.

retread
06-12-2009, 08:01 PM
Gotta set up a meet, don't know who has the banner.

john

dltang
06-12-2009, 08:13 PM
Gotta set up a meet, don't know who has the banner.

john

John,Tim Johnson has the banner in Cleveland still. I can't find his number but I believe Tina has it, check with her. We are running pretty close to getting this banner in place for pick up on the 22nd. Tim if you are out there, can you contact some of these IN folks so we can get moving. Thanks so much.
Deb

Trickie Dick
06-12-2009, 09:31 PM
Tim sent me a pm today asking for my address to send the banner. I gave it to him and suggested he get it out post haste since it's being sent to LA next weekend. If John can get it to me sometime early in week I can run it up to Tina for a signing in that area. If you are going to pick it up better get in touch with Tim.
Dick

Roaddog2
06-12-2009, 09:38 PM
C'mon man the Sharpie is drying out sitting still

Trickie Dick
06-12-2009, 09:42 PM
I pm'd John Tim's phone no.
Dick

bjt
06-12-2009, 10:43 PM
C'mon man the Sharpie is drying out sitting still

:agree: :D

dltang
06-13-2009, 01:22 AM
Tim sent me a pm today asking for my address to send the banner. I gave it to him and suggested he get it out post haste since it's being sent to LA next weekend. If John can get it to me sometime early in week I can run it up to Tina for a signing in that area. If you are going to pick it up better get in touch with Tim.
Dick

Hey Dick, I think Tim sending it to you immediately is the best option at this point. Hopefully that gives you guys time to have an IN signing before we come thru on the 22nd. You said you aren't very far off the e-way so I am hoping we will be able to meet up with you for a quick pick up. We are planning on being in your area by 9:00a.m. Will that work for you, or do you have to be at work, if need be we can be there earlier. Let me know.
Deb

spyder1
06-13-2009, 08:08 AM
Hey folks, let me know if I can help...I live in Greenwood In. southside of Indpls.

retread
06-13-2009, 11:56 AM
I just found out my trip to MI is going to be longer than I thought, possibly 2 to 3 days, so if Tim can mail it, go for it.

john

dltang
06-13-2009, 12:10 PM
I just found out my trip to MI is going to be longer than I thought, possibly 2 to 3 days, so if Tim can mail it, go for it.

john

I just send a PM to you and Trickie Dick. I think the best thing is to ask Tim to mail the banner to Dick ASAP. This will give you IN riders the weekend to workout a get together for signing the banner. That way we will just run thru on Mon the 22nd about 0900 to pick it up at the exit near Dick's place. Tim if you are reading this, could you send it to Dick express or Priority please, time is of the essence right now. Thanks,
Deb

jeuchler
06-13-2009, 02:49 PM
Where is it and where has it been since the last update on the front page. :helpsmilie:

Come on, Lamont--give the guys a break!

It's June--It's not like they have that delightful weather (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=86120&postcount=183") that the New York and New England people had for their legs of the banner run!:joke:

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd343/vtrider_photos/SpyderBannerRide001.jpg

(Above:vtrider's pic on diner day. Below: My thermometer on the way to see tatt2r on Easter.)

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1549&d=1239669562

Firefly
06-13-2009, 04:09 PM
I've never done one of these 'banner runs' before, but doesn't mailing it kind of defeat the idea of it travelling from bike to bike - State to State, etc. ?

:dontknow:

jeuchler
06-13-2009, 06:32 PM
I've never done one of these 'banner runs' before, but doesn't mailing it kind of defeat the idea of it travelling from bike to bike - State to State, etc. ?

Nobody is mailing that banner.

NOBODY. :lecturef_smilie:

jeuchler
06-13-2009, 06:47 PM
New England-where men are men and........oh, never mind.....:D

...Where men are men and women are smart and beautiful and patient and understanding of their men and let them buy lots of nice things for their motorcycles...?

(Hey, I'm stupid but I'm not a fool.)

dltang
06-13-2009, 07:10 PM

Yeah, I understand but there doesn't seem to be any Ohio riders willing to meet up with the IN riders or able to make a compatible meet time. So in order to insure getting it to LA we are doing what we have to do. Unless you want to run to Cleveland to pick it up and deliver it to IN for us and prevent the mailing of the banner. Just a thought.

jeuchler
06-13-2009, 07:12 PM
Yeah, I understand but there doesn't seem to be any Ohio riders willing to meet up with the IN riders or able to make a compatible meet time. So in order to insure getting it to LA we are doing what we have to do. Unless you want to run to Cleveland to pick it up and deliver it to IN for us and prevent the mailing of the banner. Just a thought.

Don't make me come out there, Deb.

Country Spyder
06-13-2009, 09:02 PM
OK....so I have a free Saturday next weekend and am in Cincinnati. if I could meet up in Columbus or slightly north I could get the banner slightly further south and then move it on to Indiana. If that helps let me know and I will meet up next Saturday.

let me know,

Matt