PDA

View Full Version : Thesmoaksvlogs of the Ryker

Winnex3
12-20-2018, 09:58 AM
My favorite vloger is doing the Ryker https://youtu.be/nv8ZgGaMN9Y

Chupaca
12-20-2018, 10:46 AM
Nice video with the added two wheeler to keep you up to date on those....:roflblack: thanks for the link sad to see they don't supply the dealers with the special tools ahead of time....:banghead:

IdahoMtnSpyder
12-20-2018, 08:58 PM
sad to see they don't supply the dealers with the special tools ahead of time....:banghead:
Wonder how much that's going to complicate life for home mechanics? If those tools are expensive then things like tire changing at home may be out of the picture. Especially if BRP sells the tools as a whole kit only. Hopefully someone will come up with an after market tool at a reasonable price. A new field of accessories for guys like Doc or Ron!

Grandpaspeed
12-20-2018, 11:46 PM
We need someone to start making that socket "tool" and it looks like we will need someone also to come up with a place to store it on the Ryker along with making the bracket for storage. If I understand the video the tool will be needed if we have to get a tire fixed. I wouldn't think tire stores will have the tool and I sure wouldn't want to be stuck somewhere with a fixed flat tire and not be able to ride away because they didn't have the tool. Maybe I don't understand it all.

nchangin
12-21-2018, 09:30 AM
I checked prices on rear tires for Ryker, 170 180. $10 difference between 900 and ralley edition (took him 10 minutes after bunch of excuses of them being new etc). Asked how much to change? Said $120.00. (took him 10 minutes for this answer) Yes I'm a noob, but I guess I'm from school of cars, buy the tire, mount balance included. Especially since Ryker seems to be pretty simple to get tire on/off? I'd say for a tire remover tool, SIGN me up. I would guess any shop would be able to mount/bal a tire on these?