PDA

View Full Version : Tyre noise

RykerUSA
12-19-2018, 06:52 PM
I'm anxious to hear from new owners if the ryker rally produces excessive tire noise on the highway at speed???

BLUEKNIGHT911
12-19-2018, 08:02 PM
I'm anxious to hear from new owners if the ryker rally produces excessive tire noise on the highway at speed???

I don't have one ( yet ), but imho the aggressive the tread pattern on any tire is going to be noisier than say an all-season tire ….. If you have ever had snow tires, you know you can hear them while inside the veh. even with the windows closed ….. On a Spyder I think you will hear them …. Mike :thumbup:

Chupaca
12-19-2018, 08:56 PM
:agree: don't have one either but if they are too noisey take the dirt roads...:roflblack: if your not going to be off road much you could get a set of the standard tires ....

RykerUSA
12-20-2018, 06:25 AM
I travel to the rocky mountains annually and taking dirt roads from Indiana might be a bit problematic;)

Highwayman2013
12-20-2018, 10:18 AM
Why worry about something that hasn't happened yet? Everyone has different perceptions of noise. If you get one and the tires are too noisy to you, get different tires.

Jarred
12-20-2018, 10:28 AM
My dealer told me that’s his only concern w Rally. He sells a lot of on/off road 2W bikes and some customers have complained about the increased tire noise. However he also pointed out that the nubs on the Rally tires are much smaller than the 2W so he doesn’t think it will be a problem. He has tons of years of experience w motor sports, so I was happy to hear that was his only concern w Ryker Rally.
One of my RC members picks up his Rally tomorrow, can’t wait for his review. But BajaRon picked up his Rally a couple days ago and said he didn’t notice any tire noise. I’m sure there will be tons of reviews posted next week. I absolutely love my RTL....but I really want a Ryker Rally, so much fun and so much different than Spyder. I’m excited for everyone who preordered, and I’ll admit..I’m also jealous. Lol.

BajaRon
12-20-2018, 11:08 AM
I have not noticed any additional noise from my Ryker Rally tires (up to 70 mph so far). All tires make noise and I suppose that technically, these tires should make more noise than a street tread. But is has not been noticeable to me. I have not ridden my Ryker today. But when I do I will give special attention to road noise. Yet just the fact that I need to put particular effort into listening for any tire road noise probably tells the story.

Honestly, I see this as a Non-Issue.

Nico75
05-18-2019, 05:57 AM
Hi Ryker USA I am supprised you can hear any tire noise , with such a noisy engine , that's all I can hear. Regards Nico 75

Aufgeblassen47
05-18-2019, 07:01 AM
Since it is single wheel drive, you could put normal tires on the front, and a lug tire pattern on the rear.

vstrommer
05-18-2019, 07:01 AM
What He said..........:agree:
Hi Ryker USA I am supprised you can hear any tire noise , with such a noisy engine , that's all I can hear. Regards Nico 75