PDA

View Full Version : What is a angle rotating sensor on a Spyder?

nater1
06-11-2009, 07:44 PM
I have looked through my service manual with out being able to find the description of what a angle rotating sensor on a spyder is. Had one replaced, and sent my brother pick the bike up but he is not mechanical incline so he did not ask any questions. But the service report said a angle rotating sensor was replaced as a warranty item. Is this another tag name for GBPS?

All my brother knows about the spyder is he has no problem taken it for a cruise, and if we go riding together he is taken the spyder .:doorag:

Dudley
06-11-2009, 07:57 PM
I have a fantistic idea! Call the dealer!

bone crusher
06-11-2009, 08:10 PM

:agree: :thumbup:

Firefly
06-11-2009, 09:00 PM
I believe the Angle sensor is the GPS - gear positioning sensor - it's been called both and the Gear Angle sensor.

It's down near the front sprocket - had mine replaced too. A shifting improvement and also fixed some power steering problems.

Your serial number must have fallen into one that required replacement.

Free service covered under warranty - what a concept!

spyder08
06-11-2009, 09:12 PM
Like a pack of wolves on a rabbit.

why is it that everytime this guy asks a question some people are so rude to him?

I would bet if some of our other members asked the same questions you guys would be a lot nicer and more respectful.

why don't you just lay off of him for a while and make him feel somewhat part of the community. .:lecturef_smilie:

Even if some of his questions are annoying, he should never feel not wanted on this forum.

Nater...if you have a reasonable question and not a complaint you should pm Lamont or Atadude.

They will give you straight answers and the only thing I disagree with you is on is your idea about being able to access the budds system.

Some things are just better left to the dealer....

spyder3rdr
06-11-2009, 09:20 PM
I have looked through my service manual with out being able to find the description of what a angle rotating sensor on a spyder is. Had one replaced, and sent my brother pick the bike up but he is not mechanical incline so he did not ask any questions. But the service report said a angle rotating sensor was replaced as a warranty item. Is this another tag name for GBPS?

All my brother knows about the spyder is he has no problem taken it for a cruise, and if we go riding together he is taken the spyder .:doorag:

I would think that is the sensor that reads the angle of the handlebars ( lets the nany know how sharp you are turning )

Dudley
06-11-2009, 10:06 PM
why is it that everytime this guy asks a question some people are so rude to him?

I would bet if some of our other members asked the same questions you guys would be a lot nicer and more respectful.

why don't you just lay off of him for a while and make him feel somewhat part of the community. .:lecturef_smilie:

Even if some of his questions are annoying, he should never feel not wanted on this forum.

Nater...if you have a reasonable question and not a complaint you should pm Lamont or Atadude.

They will give you straight answers and the only thing I disagree with you is on is your idea about being able to access the budds system.

Some things are just better left to the dealer....

Well, so if I tell someone to call their dealer, then I should lay off him? I was telling him what I would do. If I don't understand something on any receipt from any company I call the company, not my neighbor. The statement from his dealer, which he didn't understand, should have been attempted to be resolved with the dealer first. If that didn't bring any satisfaction, then present it to the Forum. What he was asking is for us to second guess the dealer before he even talked to him. Wonder what that would have started.

Dudley
06-11-2009, 10:47 PM
You don't think that sounds just a little sarcastic?

Maybe it is better sometimes not to say anything if you don't have the answer because maybe someone else on the forum does.

What would happen if everyone on this forum was to say.....

"I have a Fantastic idea....Call the dealer"

I will tell you what would happen, there wouldn't be a website because most of the time people are on here for one main reason....

They are looking for information and knowledge about their spyders.

If that's the way you think I meant, So be it. You have room to judge.

Dudley
06-11-2009, 10:56 PM
I am not judging anyone.

Let me put it like this....

You see it's really not my habit to intrude, futhermore I hope my meaning won't get lost or misconstrued, but I'll repeat myself, at the risk of being crude, there must be 50 ways to say call your dealer.

I thought one was enough.

Firefly
06-11-2009, 11:42 PM
I always get a full printout from the dealer about what they did - wouldn't ever think of having someone else pick my Spyder up - just because I'm pretty particular about her being serviced.

My best guess is that they replaced the Gear position sensor near the front sprocket as that was a known warranty item. Unless you were having a specific steering problem, they wouldn't have messed with any steering sensors - unless of course the magic BUDDS system told them to replace it.

Your reciept should have the part number they replace on it. Both the old and the new are listed out here somewhere.

ATA - I doubt they'll be swaping yours anymore as the software update should be out soon - and it's pretty obvious that the swapping wasn't fixing your problems!

QuadManiac
06-12-2009, 01:59 AM
There are two sensors on the steering shaft. One senses steering torque and generates data for the power steering unit, the other measures steering angle (how far from center you are currently steering) and is used for the traction control nanny. I believe the one you are asking about may well be the latter - the steering angle sensor, as ataDude has already mentioned.

fred
06-12-2009, 06:00 AM
3000 mile (5000 Km) service done here last week... and have to back.. they will be changing the angle sensor(none in stock) and still no patch for the DPS; i am on the list for a call back when known....humm

M2Wild
06-12-2009, 06:09 AM
apparently BRP agreed that a loose solder problem in the Gen I sensors was the source of the problem.
So that's what's pupuing our :ani29:s ay?

bone crusher
06-12-2009, 06:45 AM
Oh boy...

A thread with nater and stunt...

Nothing else needs to be said...I see Lamont closing this soon for sure!
:D

Bersquack
06-12-2009, 08:19 AM
Oh boy...

A thread with nater and stunt...

Nothing else needs to be said...I see Lamont closing this soon for sure!
:D

Who said internet forums were boring?:D

bone crusher
06-12-2009, 08:33 AM
Who said internet forums were boring?:D

:roflblack::roflblack:

Yeah, we have the best storyteller around here!

Recluze
06-12-2009, 09:05 AM

It is most likely the GPS or Gear position sensor. Get it changed. Don't delay! While your steering is working fine now, when it goes bad you may hurt yourself. I have had mine scare the heck out of me four times. The last time in I told them to fix it or keep it but I could not put myself at risk.

So you know: my power steering has gone bad four times over 23,000 miles. Don't know for sure but it seems fine now.

Firefly
06-12-2009, 09:14 AM
According to my official workorder the part is:

420266166 Angle Rotation Sensor

Listed as a Shifting Improvement.

The parts catalogue online calls it "GEARBOX POSITION SENSOR ".

The old part number was 420266165

This is the sensor that is near the front belt sprocket. If you look in the online parts catalogue (most dealers have this feature) it is listed in section 05 - Shifting System.

I would bet this is what he had replaced - not anything up in the actual steering area.

Lamonster
06-12-2009, 09:28 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2&pictureid=2425
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2&pictureid=2424

nater1
06-12-2009, 10:55 AM
Dud, and Fly have been nasty from the start to me because I ask questions. They seem to always be concerned that they are not the center of every topic, and no one should ever talk about a spyder topic they can not understand. People of low education tend to want to hush the educated by belittling them. If you have seen the Media lately it is also a perfect example of the same things. These people are the down fall of America.
Yes Dud you were being your normal self it is clear that you have some complex that makes you feel better to attack people.Dud has a problem, and I am inclined to believe I am not his first or last victim.

ATAdude if you have me on ignore why are you on my post??

Firefly
06-12-2009, 11:01 AM
Dud, and Fly have been nasty from the start to me because I ask questions. They seem to always be concerned that they are not the center of every topic, and no one should ever talk about a spyder topic they can not understand. People of low education tend to want to hush the educated by belittling them. If you have seen the Media lately it is also a perfect example of the same things. These people are the down fall of America.
Yes Dud you were being your normal self it is clear that you have some complex that makes you feel better to attack people.Dud has a problem, and I am inclined to believe I am not his first or last victim.

Um - excuse me Nater - but I took time to answer your question here and didn't say anything nasty to you at all. Even pulled my service report and got the numbers off it.

So much for giving you the answers you were looking for - you're wel-come anyway.:(

Roaddog2
06-12-2009, 11:03 AM

ATAdude if you have me on ignore why are you on my post??It's all good and I like your questions and comments :thumbup:

Dudley
06-12-2009, 11:04 AM

:shemademe_smilie::roflblack::ohyea::gaah::clap:

M2Wild
06-12-2009, 11:06 AM
Everyone play nice here .... tis the reason I don't visit the "other" forum much anymore.

ataDude
06-12-2009, 11:07 AM
...ATAdude if you have me on ignore why are you on my post??

Soooo... let's get this right. I provided comprehensive answers and you complain that I'm on "your" post?

Obviously, I made a big mistake taking you off of "ignore" to answer your question... I won't make that mistake again. I can fix that now... my responses are deleted and you are back on "ignore".

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Surprise/surprised-020.gif

You don't want answers... you want conflict. Answer your own questions. Bye-bye.

p.s. to ******** and HDX... understand now?

nater1
06-12-2009, 12:29 PM
Thank you for placing on your ignore list gentlemen, I feel better now. Please keep me on ignore.

bone crusher
06-12-2009, 12:35 PM

I think you and ******** are the same person...or at least dopplegangers...:D

I like your comment about 'low education'...how is that determined around here anyway?

Hmmmmm....

Firefly
06-12-2009, 12:42 PM
I like your comment about 'low education'...how is that determined around here anyway?

Hmmmmm....

How about based on spelling and grammar ? :D

Bersquack
06-12-2009, 01:12 PM
OK now, everybody is grounded. Go to your rooms and no desert!

To quote a song I like: "Why can't we be friends?"

Let's please try to keep our anger at the door when we check-in.

bone crusher
06-12-2009, 01:15 PM
Perfect example..... You can see how Bonecrusher always say silly things about me.

Now, I could put him on my ignore list but he amuses me so I don't.

Lamont can easily tell that I am not nater but if bonecrusher thinks I am, he has the right to state his opinion.

And I have the right to open up my pm's that I get asking why Bonecrusher is such a jerk to me.

I respond and say he probably isn't happy with himself and needs to take it out on someone.

I am extremely blessed so there is nothing on this planet he could ever do to upset me.

As a matter of fact, I like him!

So...It's all good.

Steve,

You amuse to me...I've never such seen a pathological liar like you. I loved following the threads you had on the house you were going to buy...then you deleted them all and said someone was viciously murdered there and you couldn't buy it...you make things up and then delete them...new people here won't know your track record but all us old folk do...

Your list of good stories goes on.

As far as me not being happy, that's funny. I am very lucky to have a great life...no coverups over here!

Your lies tell the story of your life...you're the one always having to cover your tracks.

However, even with that being said, I do enjoy getting a good laugh whenever you're around...it was really funny when you referred to me as 'little man.'...that was great!

nater1
06-12-2009, 01:39 PM
I posted: ATAdude if you have me on ignore why are you on my post??

Response to :Originally Posted by nater1 http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=109063#post109063)
...ATAdude if you have me on ignore why are you on my post??
Soooo... let's get this right. I provided comprehensive answers and you complain that I'm on "your" post?

Obviously, I made a big mistake taking you off of "ignore" to answer your question... I won't make that mistake again. I can fix that now... my responses are deleted and you are back on "ignore".

bone crusher
06-12-2009, 01:42 PM
Ok, if you were here right now I would.....Kiss you!..but no tongue!

:joke::joke::joke::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack ::clap::clap::clap:

I'll settle for a hug...I'm afraid you'll slip me the tongue...:yikes:

fastfraser
06-12-2009, 01:55 PM

:agree:Your reply is right on the money. Don't let him drag you into the Abyss.:gaah:

bone crusher
06-12-2009, 02:14 PM
Now remember, the man you are seeing with me is not Dick Van Patten.

It is Bonecrusher.

Yours truly,

The pathological Liar.

Hey, here's another shot of Bonecrusher in the Record Plant in Los Angeles

He worked in the studio with this guy.

Now remember the man you are looking at is not Phil Collins!

It's just some short bald dude.

Yours truly,

The pathological Liar.

Steve,

I used to work security at concerts too...didn't have digital pictures back then though...argh...

I don't live my life trying to make myself look good through others...I'm good enough on my own!:D

And you couldn't pay me enough to get a picture with me.

As far as the lying goes, glad you've come clean...good move...I'll assume you got therapy to help with this problem...fight the good fight and be true to yourself and others...life is too short to do otherwise...

NancysToy
06-12-2009, 02:30 PM
Enough already! A guy asks a simple question...and initially gets a simple answer, abrupt as it may have seemed. People obviously are not sure of the correct answer, so contacting the dealer seems to be a reasonable solution. So why has this turned into a lengthy rock throwing contest? This excess rhetoric is unnecessary and rude. Let it lay! You disappoint me.
-Scotty http://www.pmdawnonline.com/forum/images/smilies/velo.gif

Firefly
06-12-2009, 02:35 PM
Who cares who had their photo taken with whom?

There's no way to prove anything is real anyway.

I could just as easily post random photos of some little-known star with a bunch of celebrities and claim that it was me.

Never been one to get star-struck before - they put their pants on the same as I do and most don't really contribute much to society in general.

Now, meeting with some of these people would for sure get me giddy:

Thomas Edison, The Wright Brothers, Henry Ford, Ben Franklin, Da Vinci, Tesla, Hawking, Einstein, and so on.

Those people actually did something to make a lasting impact in the world as we know it.

Actors and sports heros are fine for entertainment purposes - but let's keep things in perspective - They play games and make-believe for a living. Big deal.

That being said-----

GO RED WINGS ! :D