PDA

View Full Version : My Ryker Has Landed!

BajaRon
12-15-2018, 01:21 PM
Looks like i will be riding by this Tuesday! Dealer just got 6 Rykers in this morning. One of them is my Rally! Ho-Baby!

Should look something like this when it is done!

Spyder Wraps Pete
12-15-2018, 02:17 PM
Sweet! Congrats on the new unit. I need to get my hands on one for a few months so we can get it templated. These are going to be hot machines for sure..

tibadoe
12-15-2018, 02:51 PM
Congrats on your new Ryker. Stopped by my local dealer and they have 2 arriving on Monday.

BajaRon
12-15-2018, 03:03 PM
Sweet! Congrats on the new unit. I need to get my hands on one for a few months so we can get it templated. These are going to be hot machines for sure..

We may need to talk! Never wrapped anything but I'd like to. I think the Ryker has a lot of potential.

I'll be working on a sway bar for it. I know they handle well out of the crate. But so does the F3. And a sway bar upgrade still makes a big difference on that machine. We'll see...

pegasus1300
12-15-2018, 03:54 PM
:yes::yes::yes::yes: Congratulations on the machine.

Chupaca
12-15-2018, 03:59 PM
Looking forward to the pictures and the review...:yes: Enjoy the new ryde...:2thumbs:

Deanna777
12-15-2018, 04:18 PM
:congrats:

:nopic: of your Ryker.

Deanna

BajaRon
12-15-2018, 05:13 PM
:congrats:

:nopic: of your Ryker.

Deanna

My Riker was still in the crate when I saw it around noon today. The salesman sent the picture of the 6 Rydkers in 3 crates to my cell phone. I just happened to be in the neighborhood so I stopped in. They had just cut the tarp off and were taking the crate apart when I was there. He said he might be able to get it built today. But I didn't want them rushing on it so I said 'Call me Tuesday' (they are closed Sunday and Monday). This is the 1st Ryker they have built so I want them to take their time and do it right.

I have to say, they are pretty much assembled in the crate. More than the Spyder's I've seen crated. Still, it won't hurt to wait a few more days. Besides. it is supposed to rain here until Monday.

I'll be reporting back on progress. I've not ridden one of these yet. I did sit on one at Maggie Valley. But that doesn't tell me much.

KID Ryker
12-15-2018, 05:53 PM
Looks like i will be riding by this Tuesday! Dealer just got 6 Rykers in this morning. One of them is my Rally! Ho-Baby!

Would like to hear about the shocks. And what you think KYB or FOX

cueman
12-15-2018, 06:00 PM
You are one of Santa’s favorite this year! :2thumbs: cueman

Little Blue
12-15-2018, 06:23 PM
:coffee: Enjoy your NEW RYDE. What color are you going to get? :thumbup:

Jarred
12-15-2018, 08:31 PM
Wow! You’re the first person I know to take delivery of a Rally! (Well, on Tuesday). That’s some good karma coming back to you, you deserve that.
Best of luck!

taxmyzer
12-15-2018, 09:31 PM
Ron, enjoy the ride.

Wildrice
12-15-2018, 09:45 PM
Congrats on the fun ride--kinda reminds me of my sport bikes--no storage--strickly fun riding--go fast--be safe...

Winnex3
12-15-2018, 10:04 PM
being up north here in Michigan my dealer says there Rykers are being delayed till January :(

Sarge707
12-16-2018, 08:40 AM
Can Am Offers the sway bar (33% Stiffer They Say) for $150. I'm sure yours would be as good or better.

BajaRon
12-16-2018, 04:00 PM
Can Am Offers the sway bar (33% Stiffer They Say) for $150. I'm sure yours would be as good or better.

I received the stock bar on the Spyder. And I also ordered the 'Upgrade' bar as well. They wanted to install the 'Upgrade' bar at the dealership. But I told them no, that I wanted to do that myself. I will ride my Rally with the stock bar. Then ride it with the upgrade bar. At the same time I will be making my own bar kit. If I cannot make a significant improvement to the BRP upgrade bar there will be no reason to produce it. But frankly, after looking at the 'Upgrade' bar kit. I am pretty confident that I can come up with a worthwhile product.

I will be looking for 'Test Pilots' for the prototype bar kit. If I am impressed with my prototype I will still want some unbiased opinion before I go into production. I have found that no matter what I do, there will still be some skeptics. And that is fine. They tend to be my most adamant supporters if I can get them to try the product.

It's Christmas time and it's all good!

Wow! You’re the first person I know to take delivery of a Rally! (Well, on Tuesday). That’s some good karma coming back to you, you deserve that.
Best of luck!

You may be right. I've heard of others getting the base model 900 ACE version. But not a Rally. The dealership has been telling me I might be looking at February for the Rally. I assume this is what BRP had been telling them.

But there it is! Awesome! I have to say, I'm getting pretty excited about Tuesday.

:coffee: Enjoy your NEW RYDE. What color are you going to get? :thumbup:

I got Adrelinin Red. But it is actually more a deep orange, in my opinion. Not exactly what I expected from the pictures. Not a bad color. It is East Tennessee, after all. But color is easily changed if I decide I want to go with the Midnight Red. Which is probably closer to what I thought I was getting. Not a big deal. The Orange may grow on me.

Would like to here about the shocks. And what you think KYB or FOX
KYB and Fox are booth decent shock producers. However, I do not know enough about what is offered for the Ryker to have an opinion for this application. I would say that after the Ryker is out for a bit, especially if it really catches on, that this kind of item will get less expensive and more available.

blacklightning
12-17-2018, 10:06 AM
I got Adrelinin Red. But it is actually more a deep orange, in my opinion. Not exactly what I expected from the pictures. Not a bad color. It is East Tennessee, after all. But color is easily changed if I decide I want to go with the Midnight Red. Which is probably closer to what I thought I was getting. Not a big deal. The Orange may grow on me.

Companies tend to say that things are red, when they appear something else to everyone else. My 2012 RSS was considered red, but to me it was orangish red at best. But it did grow on me.167868

BajaRon
12-17-2018, 10:10 AM
Companies tend to say that things are red, when they appear something else to everyone else. My 2012 RSS was considered red, but to me it was orangish red at best. But it did grow on me.167868

It's one thing to have the entire machine a color and having removable colored panels like the Ryker has. I can see people swapping colors between themselves once there are enough of these out there to generate that kind of exchange. There are a lot of variables with pictures. One being the monitor you view something with. Lighting, etc. But I must say I am a bit surprised at the difference between pictures and the actual item. Still, not saying it is a bad color. Just surprised, that's all.

Jarred
12-17-2018, 10:20 AM
I was surprised at the 2018 asphalt gray. It looked much different in brochure than in person. I guess the swaybar on Ryker is different size than Spyder. Would be nice if you could swap out/use your existing product. Maybe Shock Adjusters will be same? I thought the upgraded swaybar from Can Am was just color (Red). Odd that they produced 2 different swaybars. I’d think if they made a better swaybar they would install on all Rykers. Can’t wait to read your review on “Sport & Rally” modes. Can’t imagine more “power” than the regular 900ACE. Guess we will find out in about 24-48hrs!

Big Arm
12-17-2018, 12:28 PM
Congrats Ron on your new ride, :thumbup:

BajaRon
12-17-2018, 01:30 PM
Tomorrow!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlQ64ckJnLw

Severnpaul
12-17-2018, 02:35 PM
Love it.

Haze
12-17-2018, 03:04 PM
Waiting to hear the initial impressions.

Jarred
12-18-2018, 08:28 AM
I can’t help but wonder if Ron got any sleep last night. Best of luck today, hope it meets/exceeds your expectations!

BajaRon
12-18-2018, 09:42 AM
Called the dealership this morning. My Ryker is not done yet.... A bit surprised but we are still on for today....

Purple Guy
12-18-2018, 10:55 AM
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
Anticipation is keeping me awaitin' !

canamjhb
12-18-2018, 01:01 PM
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Deanna777
12-18-2018, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the report.

I wouldn't rush the Dealership since it is there first one to put together.

Deanna

Raprider
12-19-2018, 12:51 AM
:2thumbs:
Enjoy the ryde, Ron!

Jarred
12-19-2018, 08:01 AM
Still no update from Ron? I hope he was out riding yesterday, not waiting for dealer prep all day. Sunset is 4:30 by me, hope he got some throttle time in. Can’t wait to hear his thoughts on Rally & the Sport/Rally modes.

Winnex3
12-19-2018, 03:02 PM
Hope this Ron guy is okay have not herd a peep from him

Jarred
12-19-2018, 03:12 PM
My guess is that he’s either out riding or designing a new swaybar for Ryker. Must admit, I’ve been checking this thread about 20 times a day since yesterday, lol, can’t wait to hear how he likes Rally Mode vs regular or sport. And if he feels the Red swaybar is worth the extra $$. Ryker prices increase drastically as you build. I got my build down to $11,488. But haven’t ordered yet. It’s about 45 degrees by him, so I’m guessing he’s just riding.

Sarge707
12-19-2018, 03:52 PM
My guess is that he’s either out riding or designing a new swaybar for Ryker. Must admit, I’ve been checking this thread about 20 times a day since yesterday, lol, can’t wait to hear how he likes Rally Mode vs regular or sport. And if he feels the Red swaybar is worth the extra $$. Ryker prices increase drastically as you build. I got my build down to $11,488. But haven’t ordered yet. It’s about 45 degrees by him, so I’m guessing he’s just riding.

My dealer just had 4 Dropped of from Route 84 BUT can't even put one together till after New Years some time because he has 25 Snowmobiles to put together before then.

BajaRon
12-19-2018, 05:17 PM
Still no update from Ron? I hope he was out riding yesterday, not waiting for dealer prep all day. Sunset is 4:30 by me, hope he got some throttle time in. Can’t wait to hear his thoughts on Rally & the Sport/Rally modes.

Yes! I was riding. Though I had too much going to ride as much as I'd have liked. I put about 20 miles on it yesterday and another 25 or so today. I must say I really like it so far. And I do not expect this to change.

Hayden Freeman is the salesman that I dealt with (Pictured Below). And Mountain Motorsports is the dealership in Greeneville, TN where I purchased. Hayden has been fantastic. Highly recommended if you should be looking to purchase from this area.

First, let me cover the things I do not like about my new Rykder Rally...

OK. Now we can move on to the other areas of interest.

Surprises...
It is reminiscent of when I first started riding my 2008 Spyder. Back then it was one of the first Spyders out there. It turned heads and everyone wanted to know about it. Though the Spyder doesn't draw anywhere near the attention it used to. I have been surprised at how many people know that this Ryker is not the same machine. It has drawn a fair amount of interest which my original Spyder does not get anymore. And I have not yet parked where many people have been around.

The 900 cc engine really pulls hard right from the start! Not hugely surprised as this has been mentioned in previous posts/reviews from demo rides. But experiencing it for myself, I am impressed. I've let several people test ride it. And so far everyone of them has commented on how well it accelerates. And no. I have not had it maxed out yet so I do not know what top speed will be. One, because all of my driving so far has been around town. And two, I'm supposed to be nice for 200 miles. I understand flogging a demo. But I paid for this one!

I've only ridden in ECO mode so far. I thought it the best mode to use during the 200 mile prescribed brake-in period. It is a lot of fun to ride. So it's very tempting to NOT take it easy. Just taking off from a stop sign with a bit more throttle I chirped the rear tire (unexpectedly). As all Spyder versions, it is a bit light in the back. Probably more so than any other model.

It seems to be going faster than it is. When I first got on it I pulled out onto a 2 lane, 45 mph road. I was not paying attention to speed but noticed people passing me (something I am not used to :rolleyes:). When I looked down I was surprised to see I was only doing 35 mph. This perceived speed may be affected by the lower seating position. I don't know. The Ryker itself sits at about the same road height as my Spyder. But the seat height (unloaded) on the Ryker is 27". My Spyder seat is at 31" at the lowest point. I'm sure my perception will change with saddle time.

Observations...
The 900 ACE 3 cylinder engine is very smooth nearly all of the time. A little vibration at idle. It does 'Buzz' the somewhat smallish mirrors when taking off from a full stop. But it goes away quickly. You don't feel much in the pegs or handle bars. Having mirrors at the end of the handle bars is the best way to get vibration issues.

The CV Trans makes a bit of noise. It takes a little more throttle to engage than I'd expected (which may or may not be true in the other mode settings). But it is very smooth and even in ECO mode, seems to be maximizing the capabilities of the 900 CC engine quite well.

It idles at 800 RPM. CV Trans begins to engage at about 1,800 RPM and seems pretty positive by 2,000 RPM. There is a 'Hill Hold' feature which I have not yet experienced (or needed). Normally I would say a bit overkill on a CV trans. But probably won't hurt with the engagement design.

It pretty much runs in the 4k ~ 5.5K range most of the time. It runs 5,500 ~ 5,600 RPM cruising at 60 mph (someone asked about this).

Again, I have not put my new Ryker through its paces so there will be more to come. But the initial impression is that it handles very well. The stock sway bar is extremely small. But the KYB shocks seem to be quite good.

I am not thrilled with the reverse lever. It's difficult to move into reverse with my foot. Shifting back into Forward is a piece of cake. Maybe with practice I will get better. But right now I am shifting this lever into reverse by leaning left/forward and pulling it with my hand.

The reverse warning, one time 'Beep', and the beeping that ensues if you shut the Ryker off without setting the parking brake are a bit annoying. Though probably necessary. Setting the parking brake before shutting off the Ryker is the prescribed (and less embarrassing) method. To be fair, without setting the parking brake (which is very easy) is important because your Ryker could roll away if you don't.

Ingenious!
The adjustable handlebars and foot pegs is an ingenious touch. I am especially impressed with the right foot peg which requires that the brake peddle not only move with the peg. But also needs to have a veritable orientation option as your foot angle changes as you move the pegs forward and back. Very easy, very positive and very effective. I am running mine all the way forward right now. But I plan to experiment.

Sarge707
12-19-2018, 05:33 PM
Thanks for the Great report. Can you compare it to the F3 if you have experience with one? Not sure to Trade-in my F3 OR keep both.

Jarred
12-19-2018, 05:46 PM
It’s beautiful Ron, best of luck. My dealer pointed out that the Rally tires are different (forgot what he called them 70/30 I think), but said his concern w Rally would be the noise generated by the tires while on road. Due to them being on & off road tires. He sells lots of 2W that have similar tires and some complain about the increased noise from “nubs”. Curious to read if you notice that after a few more miles. And you’re a better man than I, I would of went straight to Rally Mode. Lol. At least break in is only a couple hundred miles.
Looking forward to reading your next reviews. I’m so close to ordering one but no room in garage. Trying to buy used enclosed trailer (Ultimate or IronHorse) so I can keep Spyder in garage, Ryker in Trailer.
Thanks for taking the time to post that review, have a great evening.

BajaRon
12-19-2018, 06:30 PM
It’s beautiful Ron, best of luck. My dealer pointed out that the Rally tires are different (forgot what he called them 70/30 I think), but said his concern w Rally would be the noise generated by the tires while on road. Due to them being on & off road tires. He sells lots of 2W that have similar tires and some complain about the increased noise from “nubs”. Curious to read if you notice that after a few more miles. And you’re a better man than I, I would of went straight to Rally Mode. Lol. At least break in is only a couple hundred miles.
Looking forward to reading your next reviews. I’m so close to ordering one but no room in garage. Trying to buy used enclosed trailer (Ultimate or IronHorse) so I can keep Spyder in garage, Ryker in Trailer.
Thanks for taking the time to post that review, have a great evening.

Everyone has a different idea. That's why manufacturer's make different models. But I'm not sure tire tread would be a deal breaker for me. I do not notice any additional noise from the tire tread. And they certainly grip the road well enough. I suppose a 'Street' tread would do better. And I plan to go to a street tread when these wear out. Not to be too skeptical. But if your dealer does not have any Rally's, maybe he's trying to push you towards what he does have.

But I can say I really like the KYB Shocks that come on the Ryker Rally. I don't have a way to compare them. But still, they work well and both front and rear are adjustable. You should ride a Rally and see if you notice any tire noise out of the ordinary.

tibadoe
12-19-2018, 07:23 PM
Glad to hear all the positive feedback about the Ryker.

Jarred
12-19-2018, 07:27 PM
I agree, Tire noise wouldn’t sway me at all. he was just saying that was his only concern w Rally model. He said the Rally tires have much smaller nubs than the 2W tires, so it probably wouldn’t be an issue, but some 2W people complain about that too him. Plus we live on NY so not many places to go off road (suitable for Rally off-road). He has 2 Rally & 2 900ACE at dealership now.
I’m interested in knowing if you notice tire noise. We rode the 900ACE but you’re the only person I know w a Rallynow. I just learned one of our RC members is picking up his Rally on Friday, supposed to rain hard-hope that changes.
Thanks again, have fun!

superbee24
12-19-2018, 07:27 PM
Great report. Need to get a Rally edition in Central Texas that I can put my eyes on.....

Rob Rodriguez
12-19-2018, 08:04 PM
I'm just speaking from experience with the snowmobiles with the 900 ACE so it might be different but I have to think its similar with the Ryker. There is a significant difference in sport vs eco mode in terms of throttle response. If you think it pulls well in eco mode then you should be more than happy with sport mode.

BajaRon
12-19-2018, 09:00 PM
I agree, Tire noise wouldn’t sway me at all. he was just saying that was his only concern w Rally model. He said the Rally tires have much smaller nubs than the 2W tires, so it probably wouldn’t be an issue, but some 2W people complain about that too him. Plus we live on NY so not many places to go off road (suitable for Rally off-road). He has 2 Rally & 2 900ACE at dealership now.
I’m interested in knowing if you notice tire noise. We rode the 900ACE but you’re the only person I know w a Rallynow. I just learned one of our RC members is picking up his Rally on Friday, supposed to rain hard-hope that changes.
Thanks again, have fun!

Honestly, I have not noticed any real 'noise' from the tires. All tires make noise, of course. I will now listen for it on my next ride. But the very fact that I need to listen for it may be significant.

I'm just speaking from experience with the snowmobiles with the 900 ACE so it might be different but I have to think its similar with the Ryker. There is a significant difference in sport vs eco mode in terms of throttle response. If you think it pulls well in eco mode then you should be more than happy with sport mode.

I suspect you are right. That is one reason I'm staying away from the Sport Mode so far. But I will be getting into it soon. I also wanted to ride enough in ECO mode to get a good feeling for the difference as well.

CTAC
12-20-2018, 06:37 PM
The crate with my Ryker Rally arrived today here in Kansas City :cheers:

BajaRon
12-20-2018, 07:05 PM
The crate with my Ryker Rally arrived today here in Kansas City :cheers:

Awesome! You're surely going to like it! I am enjoying mine.

Rode again today. A bit cold and some light rain at times. But worth the effort. Paid particular attention to any tire noise. I'm just not noticing anything out of the usual in that regard.

CTAC
12-20-2018, 07:23 PM
Glad you are enjoying your new machine! My dad and stepmom lives in Smyrna, TN. Hope to ride my Rally there in the Spring for a visit. :ohyea:

Deanna777
12-20-2018, 07:33 PM
Thanks for the report.

Enjoy your new Ryker!

Deanna

Trevor G
12-21-2018, 02:54 AM
It pretty much runs in the 4k ~ 5.5K range most of the time. It runs 5,500 ~ 5,600 RPM cruising at 60 mph (someone asked about this).

Thanks for the great write-up, and for the engine speed at 60 mph.

I would also love to know what it is at 75 mph. In theory it's probably around 6300, but since it is red lined at about 8,000 that can't be right, because at least one tester claimed to have had it close to 100 mph, which would be 9,000 rpm.

Thanks again :-)

Anakrid
12-21-2018, 03:47 AM
Sweet ryde there. I like that color--shows up well!

old Timer
12-21-2018, 06:29 AM
Thanks for the great write-up, and for the engine speed at 60 mph.

I would also love to know what it is at 75 mph. In theory it's probably around 6300, but since it is red lined at about 8,000 that can't be right, because at least one tester claimed to have had it close to 100 mph, which would be 9,000 rpm.

Thanks again :-)

Not necessarily at all. A CVT tranny constantly changes the effective gear ratio. The tranny may not be at its highest available gear ratio at even 70. It may not be even be at the 8K R's redline at 100.

BajaRon
12-21-2018, 08:40 AM
Not necessarily at all. A CVT tranny constantly changes the effective gear ratio. The tranny may not be at its highest available gear ratio at even 70. It may not be even be at the 8K R's redline at 100.

True. This is one reason I hesitated to even give a 60 mph RPM because there is no set RPM for any speed. That is because there is no gear to gear contact dictating RPM at any speed. My report on RPM at 60 mph was on relatively flat terrain at cruse. If I were accelerating the RPM at 60 mph would be higher. If decelerating it would be lower.

The CV transmission is very easy to get used to. But people do seem to have a problem getting their brain around how it functions. There are only 2 'Gears'. The display console shows 'F' for forward and 'R' for reverse. That's it.

Here is a short demonstration of how a CVT functions. It is infinitely variable within its upper and lower limitations to alter the output RPM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weCgZyexoMw

Jarred
12-21-2018, 08:42 AM
I think I may have broke the Can Am website due to how many “builds” I’ve made! I think the Splash Guards ($150) are important, but I’m sure that will be one of the first aftermarket parts made. After riding the 900ACE, I’ve also added the windshield ($200), the power makes the wind feel like it’s trying to push you off the Ryker. Hoping the windshield helps w that. I’m interested in seeing the Knee Pads ($100) in person, says they are made from aluminum, wondering if padding is on them. And I’m very interested in seeing if the Comfort Seat is a big improvement over regular seat, that really increases price. I though stock seat was fine but one of my friends didn’t find it comfortable. I have to get passenger seat & backrest, not only to take my wife & kids for a ride but I also think it looks really cool. And lastly, I’m curious to hear BajaRon’s opinion on the improved “Red” Swaybar. Really looking forward to everyone’s reviews. My friend is supposed to pick up his Rally today.. good news is that it’s 62 degrees. Bad news is torrential wind/rain all day. No rain tomorrow, but temp drops to 48. I really think this will be a home run for Can Am, I’m hearing those special colored panels are selling out quickly.

old Timer
12-21-2018, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the CVT vid. Shows the action of the two pulleys well.

You will see that cruising at say 60 MPH with a tail wind will find you running at a lower RPM, ie what ever engine RPM/Power is required to go the speed or acceleration you determine that you want.

Lamonster
12-21-2018, 12:45 PM

Got one of mine too. The other one will be here after the holidays.

BajaRon
12-21-2018, 01:25 PM
Got one of mine too. The other one will be here after the holidays.

Awesome Lamont! I know you're going to like it.

CTAC
12-21-2018, 09:27 PM

First in Kansas City to own a Rally! :yes:

Markubis
12-22-2018, 08:17 AM
What options/accessories did you get with that?

one2doo
12-22-2018, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the write up Ron. Been out of the country. Have a rally on order for Becky. I also use Moutain Motorsports great people to deal with.

CTAC
12-22-2018, 09:16 PM
Got the windshield and comfort rear seat... Been riding it around in 40 degree weather. Brrrrr... But fun!!!

I elected to install the accessories myself to save labor cost. Note: The bracket that goes traversely underneath the seat to support the foldable passenger pegs was too long. I had to grind it down about 1/16th of an inch to make it fit.

Also, the rear seat required some grinding on the plastic to allow it to slide on fully. Windshield went on easy.

BajaRon
12-22-2018, 09:44 PM
Mountain Motorsports was very good to me. If you are using the dealership in Greeneville, TN. I highly recommend Hayden Freeman. He is a great person.

We will have to hook up and go riding. I'm hoping to do 300 miles on my Ryker on Monday. It won't be warm but maybe not too cold.

cueman
12-22-2018, 10:20 PM
Got the windshield and comfort rear seat... Been riding it around in 40 degree weather. Brrrrr... But fun!!!

I elected to install the accessories myself to save labor cost. Note: The bracket that goes traversely underneath the seat to support the foldable passenger pegs was too long. I had to grind it down about 1/16th of an inch to make it fit.

Also, the rear seat required some grinding on the plastic to allow it to slide on fully. Windshield went on easy.

I'm not sure but I think I read that you are supposed to take the plastic end tip off the mounting frame when installing seat. cueman

Sarge707
12-23-2018, 08:35 AM

Was the windshield effective per your height? Did it help with direct wind blast?

Jarred
12-23-2018, 08:42 AM
I have same question as Sarge. I only rode the 900ACE for about half hour, but when I got off I remember thinking that I’d need the windshield (and splash guards). Great question. ����

CTAC
12-23-2018, 08:44 AM
It is helpful at the highest position. I wouldn't say it is a complete touring solution but glad I got it. Next purchases will be GPS holder and cup holder. I would like the handle bars to come towards me a bit more.

I am 5' 11" by the way.

I took my daughter from Overland Park to Raymore yesterday evening and she thought the seat was fine. Commented that if we were to travel long distances, a pad might be helpful to sit on. Neither one of us froze to search in sub-40 degree weather.... Fingers were stiff but otherwise not too bad. ☺

Joel The Biker
12-23-2018, 10:40 AM
Hey Ron, Looks like you have a brake/tail light not working as seen in your 5th photo.

CTAC
12-23-2018, 01:02 PM

Don't laugh.... Cobbled up some soft bags for a temp solution!

Netminder
12-23-2018, 01:55 PM
Just wondering the difference in the wheel base on the front end, compared to the RT? Looks good Ron. Think the Ryker will be a big hit for Can Am.:2thumbs:

Jarred
12-23-2018, 02:14 PM
Almost identical. Ryker wheelbase is 67.3”. Rt is 67.5”.

Jarred
12-23-2018, 02:25 PM
Just wondering the difference in the wheel base on the front end, compared to the RT? Looks good Ron. Think the Ryker will be a big hit for Can Am.:2thumbs:

Almost all specs are very close to each other. Surprisingly even the ground clearance. RT is 4.5”, Ryker is 4”. That shocked me, you sit much lower (closer to ground) on Ryker than Spyder (I have a pic of F3 next to Ryker) but clearance is only half inch difference. When I sat on it I thought speed bumps etc would be a problem. But not at all. I’m just Wondering if loading on a trailer will cause problems for Ryker. But prob not. Weight is a big difference. And torque, Ryker is a rocket, I’ll bet some people may have a problem w that, especially in Rally Mode. Should make for some funny videos though. Lol.

Cruzr Joe
12-23-2018, 02:30 PM
Now that Spyderpops, Lamonster & Baja Ron all have their Rykers, we should be seeing after market parts pretty quickly

:chat:

Jarred
12-23-2018, 02:52 PM
Very true Joe, and they all look like kids on Christmas morning in the pics I’ve seen. Lol. So many people want storage. I think protection (hand guards, splash guards, windshield) will be great for aftermarket. And I’m excited for Pete from WrapMySpyder, I think vinyl wraps will be the best selling aftermarket for Ryker. So much potential.

Sarge707
12-27-2018, 01:40 PM
Any More ride reports? Were ALL EARS to ride reports.

Markubis
12-27-2018, 09:21 PM
Now that Spyderpops, Lamonster & Baja Ron all have their Rykers, we should be seeing after market parts pretty quickly

:chat:

I'm planning on getting mine in the March/April time frame, so I'm hoping by then the aftermarket parts will be showing up.

CTAC
12-27-2018, 09:39 PM
150 miles on my Rally. Love everything about it accept the clunking of the drivetrain. Quick and nimble is exactly how I would describe it. A little squirrely until you get used to how a trike tracks down the highway. Had the real wheel re-torqued thinking the spline might be loose. However, that wasn't a solution. Maybe when the temps rise in the Spring, the amount gear clearance will reduce.

Grandpaspeed
12-27-2018, 11:10 PM
150 miles on my Rally. Love everything about it accept the clunking of the drivetrain. Quick and nimble is exactly how I would describe it. A little squirrely until you get used to how a trike tracks down the highway. Had the real wheel re-torqued thinking the spline might be loose. However, that wasn't a solution. Maybe when the temps rise in the Spring, the amount gear clearance will reduce.
Is this your first can am 3 wheeler?

cueman
12-28-2018, 12:12 AM
My Ryker Rally Edition has landed! It was pouring down rain so only took it for a little test ride so don't have much to say except I did get 2 keys and a cheap reversible screw driver and an owners manual.:2thumbs: cueman

Trevor G
12-28-2018, 12:40 AM

That's not my experience at all.

I don't have any Can Am CVTs yet but the similar belt drive variator-type CVT on the 75 hp Aprilia Mana 850 v twin and probably just about every scooter today is in the highest ratio on a level surface at about 55 mph with a steady throttle. My MP3 400 was in the highest ratio at less than that.

If you accelerate it drops down and revs increase. I was asking for steady state, cruising figures, and they will be the same from one machine to another when you are maintaining a constant speed on relatively level ground.

Winnex3
12-28-2018, 01:33 AM
My Ryker Rally Edition has landed! It was pouring down rain so only took it for a little test ride so don't have much to say except I did get 2 keys and a cheap reversible screw driver and an owners manual.:2thumbs: cueman
Way to go cueman I am still waiting for mine to come in beginning to think my dealer is last one the list☹️

CTAC
12-28-2018, 07:39 AM
Congratulations!! You will love it!

Mikey
12-28-2018, 09:59 AM
Ron went out on that 300 miler!! I think he kept right on riding down the dusty trail, no reports!:roflblack::popcorn::thumbup:

Markubis
12-28-2018, 10:10 AM

The clunking of the drivetrain only happens when changing from reverse to forward, correct?

BajaRon
12-28-2018, 01:07 PM
Ron went out on that 300 miler!! I think he kept right on riding down the dusty trail, no reports!:roflblack::popcorn::thumbup:

I didn't do the 300 miles I was hoping for. Temps dropped another 10 degrees from the original forecast to around 30 degrees in some places along the route. We've had some snow as well so I knew there would be plenty of salt on the road even if it was dry. I just decided not to do that to my new Ryker. Call me a sissy, but that's the way it's gone down.

CTAC
12-28-2018, 02:18 PM
From deceleration and from reverse to forward... An initial clunk (expected) then a lighter "pop" as you roll on the throttle

Grandpaspeed
12-28-2018, 08:11 PM
From deceleration and from reverse to forward... An initial clunk (expected) then a lighter "pop" as you roll on the throttle
If you have the opportunity to test ride another one, that might tell you if it's normal or yours has something wrong. I have done that on a bike and found the other bike did the same thing, not saying it's right but it made me realize it was the way they made it. Thanks so much for sharing your feedback it is really appreciated.

old Timer
12-29-2018, 08:06 AM
Very common with a belted CVT tranny when shifting from forward to reverse or reverse to forward. The second clunk is generally when throttle is opened in order to move in either direction indicating that the centrifugal clutch or centrifugally controlled belt clamping shive's are activated. Normal and not an issue or problem.